It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain to give pets the same rights as humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:39 AM
link   
About bloody time Spain! I've always looked down upon your "traditional form of barbaric sport/entertainment"

Now it's about time the uk (I've been wanting this for decades!) gets on board and hopefully a lot of other countries too. So many dogs are being brazenly stolen all across the UK atm, its disgusting and needs to stop.

"Spain has given pets the same legal status as humans in a sign of growing support for animal rights in the home of bullfighting.

Domestic animals will be considered “living beings” under Spanish law instead of mere objects as has been the case until now."

I'm also interested/concerned about big agra now, could they (non domesticated animals) be next?
Is Gates and his lab meat involved?

Just asking questions!

Source: inews.co.uk...
edit on 23-4-2021 by FinallyAwake because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake
One of the most fundamental rights is the right not to be owned by other people.
So if this law really lived up to its publiciity, it would have to include the banning of pet ownership.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Great, now my daughters obviously gay terrier can come out of the closet and get married!

As to the gypsies stealing those dogs, well, why don't the coppers just stop it? Oh yeah, cuz they are scared to be looked at as racial profiling.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
About bloody time Spain! I've always looked down upon your "traditional form of barbaric sport/entertainment"

Now it's about time the uk (I've been wanting this for decades!) gets on board and hopefully a lot of other countries too. So many dogs are being brazenly stolen all across the UK atm, its disgusting and needs to stop.

"Spain has given pets the same legal status as humans in a sign of growing support for animal rights in the home of bullfighting.

Domestic animals will be considered “living beings” under Spanish law instead of mere objects as has been the case until now."

I'm also interested/concerned about big agra now, could they (non domesticated animals) be next?

Just asking questions!

Doggy prison will end up full of rapist, Charges of Crapping in public areas. Hounding bitches in public areas,
And the list goes on,

😂

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Same rights... so dogs and cats can vote, go on welfare, and since their lives are much shorter than humans, soon they qualify for retirement?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I always wanted children but it didn't work out that way for me. My little dog is my world and I would protect her like I would my child.

This is why I am happy to hear this news, pets here in the UK are mostly classed as family.

edit on 23-4-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Great, now my daughters obviously gay terrier can come out of the closet and get married!

As to the gypsies stealing those dogs, well, why don't the coppers just stop it? Oh yeah, cuz they are scared to be looked at as racial profiling.

It's not just gypsy's. It's also foreigners, chavs and gang members. Sometimes dogs are stolen to be thrown in against pitballs to be torn to pieces.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Why not adopt? Got an arseload to choose from...

www.adoptionuk.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
One of the most fundamental rights is the right not to be owned by other people.
So if this law really lived up to its publiciity, it would have to include the banning of pet ownership.

Would it? Surely that would involve a massive cull? Or letting all the animals loose to die in the wild? Counter productive, no?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Why not adopt? Got an arseload to choose from...

www.adoptionuk.org...

Agreed, adoption and rescue shelters should be 1st port of call.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Same rights... so dogs and cats can vote, go on welfare, and since their lives are much shorter than humans, soon they qualify for retirement?

Ha! Imagine that

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006

Just asking questions!

Doggy prison will end up full of rapist, Charges of Crapping in public areas. Hounding bitches in public areas,
And the list goes on,

😂

😂

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Its mostly them, but yeah a few of my peeps are farmers and they have trouble with coursing. The gyppos come round my daughters estate sitting on top of junk trucks, using them as lookouts into peoples back yards to look for dogs.

Once found.......its off to the puppy mills.

But cops are so thin that all they can do is sit on the side of the road and pester people that forgot their MOT was due.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We definitely live in clown world. Stupid keeps raising the bar.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

In what way?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

"One of the most fundamental rights is the right not to be owned by other people.
So if this law really lived up to its publiciity, it would have to include the banning of pet ownership."]

Would it? Surely that would involve a massive cull? Or letting all the animals loose to die in the wild? Counter productive, no?

My post does not claim that banning pet-ownership would be a good thing. Only that banning pet-ownership would be a neceesary part of consistently living up to the law's publiciity. How can you possibly claim that animals have full human rights if they live under what amounts to domestic slavery?

The implication of this argument is that either the law itself is a bad thing or the law's publicity is misleading. Or possibly both.
edit on 23-4-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Sounds good, perhaps I will buy things from Spain again when bullfighting is banned for good.
The most discusting and sick thing humans have ever invented.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

When the day finally arrives that they can produce artificial meet that has all the amino acid's, vitamins and minerals and tastes just like the real thing then I will be utterly happy to switch to eating that BUT only then, at the moment we have to deal with meat that is prone to disease, is injected with hormones and other chemicals that are harmful to us and is harvested from living animals, I would love to see the Lion Lie Down With the Lamb as Christ promised will happen.

It is not yet that day however but we have made a good start, I say this to the world though do NOT let the likes of Gates and the NWO corner this new lifestyle, corrupt it and make it into something it is not meant to be, those meat alternatives need to be produced ethically, healthily and to not have stealth chemicals put into them by the likes of his ilk.

As for the Dogs, yes these dog thieves are getting more and more violent, breaking into peoples homes while they are in and threatening then stealing there beloved pets from in front of them, police recently raided a traveller camp down south in the UK and seized 48 dog's and are trying to find there owners, they have arrested too few people on that one but given that it was travellers is not surprising, when it is not them it is organized crime but dog stealing really began in earnest back in the 80's when dog bating became a rage among the thug's, our pet was stolen (he was 18 years of age but still found a way to climb over the six foot fence and go for wander on his own, he always came home and was just a free spirit like that) and we suspected that it was probably for that very reason, sadly some people lack all humanity - we tracked him to a farm though it was too late adjacent to the Stanley industrial estate in Skelmersdale Lancashire the town we lived in at the time and suspect many more dog's had been taken there for that very cruel activity in which they would set bating dog's on stolen dog's and cat's but the Skelmersdale police at the time did not do anything though a skip full of dead dog's had been found in another part of the town.

I think the law sound's a bit crazy though, protect pet's and there owners yes but this may be going a tad bit too far, still the basic idea behind it to protect pets against abuse, against theft and against other forms of cruelty sound's very good indeed.

edit on 23-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

No, the right to safety and respect as a living creature, has merit.

Unless you refer to the posts mentioning welfare benefits and coming out of the closet.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

The morality behind it is flawless, the enactment may be problematic, they are still pets after all but yes more rights is always better for everyone than less rights, go the other way and you walk back into slavery so your point is excellent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join