It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Withdraw Troops From Ukraine Border, Crimea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So Putin and Russia back down from Ukraine? makes you wonder it feels like a chess move. Take a step back and approach in a different manner or was it a dry run for practice.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

Russia will begin withdrawing its military forces from the Ukrainian border starting Friday, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu announced Thursday, after the buildup had raised alarms in the West of renewed clashes.

Speaking during snap readiness exercises in annexed Crimea, Shoigu ordered the general staff of the armed forces, military chiefs and the airborne troops to begin returning to their home bases from the Russian-Ukrainian border and Crimea starting April 23.

“I believe that the goals of the snap inspection have been fully achieved,” Interfax quoted Shoigu as saying. “The troops demonstrated the ability to reliably defend the country.”

“In this regard, I have decided to complete the Southern and Western military district reviews,” he added.

edit on 22-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

President Biden taken responsibility yet?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

it's good to hear of de-escalation. It's much better than the alternative.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Cool. So what was Putin doing, testing the waters to see what Joe would do, see how Joe would make him pay? Looks like he got his answer which was absolutely nothing. Instead Joe expelled Russian diplomats so Putin laughed and expelled US diplomats from Russia. Putin's playing Chess while Biden's playing Go Fish.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Scary situation. I read some where that there is quite a large population of pro Russian people in Ukrain which makes things complicated.
Putin's (BS)angle is no doubt to protect them as an ethnic minority.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Cool. So what was Putin doing, testing the waters to see what Joe would do, see how Joe would make him pay? Looks like he got his answer which was absolutely nothing. Instead Joe expelled Russian diplomats so Putin laughed and expelled US diplomats from Russia. Putin's playing Chess while Biden's playing Go Fish.

Probably LOL except I think Biden is playing did I leave my teeth in the tapioca pudding.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

it's good to hear of de-escalation. It's much better than the alternative.

It's cold war, not de-escalation. They made a move, took notes and move again.
edit on 22-4-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wont be long before Joe the mouth will screw the situation up again.

Putin could easily Invade Ukraine and move for for Western Europe , no one has the
stomach to stop him. We are not even prepared for it.

Matter of time.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Anyone who's been following the situation in Ukraine knew this wasn't going to go anywhere. It's not the first time Russia has done something like this since 2014.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Wont be long before Joe the mouth will screw the situation up again.

Putin could easily Invade Ukraine and move for for Western Europe , no one has the
stomach to stop him. We are not even prepared for it.

Matter of time.

He’s not taking Western Europe now or ever. Europe would kick his ass all the way back to Moscow. Russia are NOT what Putin portrays.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Anyone who's been following the situation in Ukraine knew this wasn't going to go anywhere. It's not the first time Russia has done something like this since 2014.

That's basically what the left said when Biden renege on stopping construction of the border wall

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Russia does not want Western Europe. They want Ukraine for reasons that are obvious. The only reason the US got involved in the first place has to do with who controls the US. Go back 100 years. Palestine was supposed to be adjunct to Ukraine.
a reply to: rigel4

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's what we did in 18' in the wake of the UK nerve attack from Russia. We expelled their diplomat and later applied sanctions.

What else do you expect?

I think Biden is a horrible president, and I'm not necessarily defending his admin as a whole or their platform.... But on this issue, I don't really see what else there was to do. The Ukraine conflict is on year seven, and nothing is really new there.

This just feels like the opposite of orange man bad. People would have complained no matter what he did.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Expelling the russian diplomats was for the cybersecurity hack solarwinds. The previous president did zero regarding that, a real puss, imo.

Remember when the previous guy was in a private meeting with Putin and came out wanting to team up with Russia on cybersecurity???

Critical Stinker - was that worthy of complaint??

Or, how about when his campaign manager gave info on YOU to russia. cool with that i suppose, like a puss... no reason to complain. lololol

ya'll are fun.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

My point was Biden, like Trump was going to be slammed no matter what he did with Russia.

As far as Trumps treatment of Russia... It was nuanced.

I don't think he cozied up to them as many would have us think though. There were actually some heated moments like when we put around a hundred of their mercanaries on ice in Syria.

Personally, I don't think Russia is as big of a threat as many believe. I'm not saying they aren't an adversary, or that they're innocent of all the allegations from recent years... But they are engaging in many of the same tactics we engage in. There are certainly instances of gross misconduct, just ask the UK... But I'm far more worried about China at the moment.

The problem is it can't be discussed without American partisan politics muddying the context. So since people are either toeing the line, or going after their opponent, there is constant flip flopping. Right now is a good case in point. People on the right suddenly taking a hard line position against Russia/Putin, and some on the left defending Biden (with whatever he does).

The way I see it, the issue or Russia doesn't have much to do with partisanship in my country. It's entirely separate.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It’s a partial withdraw, let’s see just how many actually leave.
I’ve also heard they’re leaving some remote controlled weaponry.

top topics

join