It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As the Earth Frequency Rises, the Unseen can now be Seen.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Saw it on my first year of college on the mainland when it was released. Made me homesick.

You can probably find it somewhere. Not great but not bad. Best scene I think is where Hendrix is drunk in the old Lahaina Prison (it's a museum, he wasn't incarcerated) and goes on a stream of consciousness rap.

The concert up in Kula, at the end, is top notch Hendrix. I know a couple of people who were lucky enough to have heard about it and be there.

edit on 4/24/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Saw it on my first year of college on the mainland when it was released. Made me homesick.

You can probably find it somewhere. Not great but not bad. Best scene I think is where Hendrix is drunk in the old Lahaina Prison (it's a museum, he wasn't incarcerated) and goes on a stream of consciousness rap.

The concert up in Kula, at the end, is top notch Hendrix. I know a couple of people who were lucky enough to have heard about it and be there.

I figured you would like that.

I had the soundtack, wish I still did. ..probably saw the film on vhs, but the old memory a bit foggy. It would of been really cool to have been there.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Two words;
Dolly Dagger.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The one way of which I speak is Jesus, the adjusting of your vibration or the earth's vibration is a concept dating back to well before Physicists developed there own radio frequency spectrum and ideas of frequency and was common among medium's and other mystics of the 1800's and earlier.

Referntial integrity of any belief system is important. If the referntial integrity fails then the belief system is wrong. Your statement that Christianity is the only way fails the refertial integristy test. Because Matthew 7:21 clearly states "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven". It never mentions Jesus in that equation at all.

So rather than saying christianity is a total sham. Lets consider Jesus as both a man and a soul. The words from Mark 10:17 “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" being from Jesus the Man. Whereas the words from John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." deriving from Jesus soul. The keyword Jesus uses to indicate soul being "I AM" having significance as it also refers to the nature of ones soul. Hinduism has an identical teaaching. That one cannot attain Brahman (Father) without going through the Atman (soul or son).

Vibrations are far older then Christianity. In hinduism the aum represents the sacred sound of the consciousness or Atman (soul). Amen itself perhaps signifying that sacred sound as well. Instead of building brick walls in our attempts to define God in our terms shouldn't we instead believe that God can define himself in any terms that he likes...

"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven".

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: LABTECH767
the word 'caution' is absolutely astonishing as well, what are you caution anyone about? What will happen if they become spiritual without any authoritative figure?
I tell you what. Either nothing or a growing of mind without limits.

As a staunch non believer in any deities I am spiritual enough to have a broad mind, caution nobody [unless they want to join an extremist muslim group] and basically am happy when others think about life and the hitherto unexplained.

Humans possess a spiritual need that is as fundamental as the need for food. When it comes to nutrition, however, we have many good choices because of the great variety of life-sustaining foods available. Is it the same with spirituality? There are endless cultural and religious practices that are said to provide satisfaction.

Many feel that as long as you do something spiritual, it really does not matter what you choose to believe or what form of worship you engage in. What do you think? Does it matter how you satisfy your spiritual need? What does the Bible say?

The Bible identifies an element essential to human spirituality. At 1 Corinthians 2:12-15, it describes a spiritual person as one who receives the spirit that is from God. This spirit is God’s active force, and its operation is a prerequisite to getting to know spiritual things. A person is thus able to examine and understand issues from a spiritual perspective. By contrast, a person lacking God’s spirit is called a physical man, one who considers spiritual things as foolishness. As a result, his conclusions are limited to what human wisdom alone reveals.

Hence, while our spiritual capacity stems from being made in God’s image, genuine spirituality is not realized through self-awareness, human wisdom, or personal achievement. It requires the influence of God’s holy spirit. In fact, those who refuse to be influenced by God’s spirit, choosing instead to pursue their own desires and ungodly things, are described as not having spirituality. They are driven by fleshly appetites and inclinations.​—1 Corinthians 2:14; Jude 18, 19.

A person might relieve hunger pangs by eating junk food. Similarly, we could “fill up” on activities or philosophies that seem to satisfy our spiritual appetite. But just as surely as a poor diet leads to malnutrition, disease, or worse, failing to satisfy our spiritual need properly will ultimately result in harm. As my signature mentions:

A completely open mind could be likened to a pipe that lets just anything flow through it—even sewage. No one wants a mind contaminated with poison. Solomon, a king and educator in ancient times, warned: “Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15) So we need to be selective. We need to scrutinize whatever is presented to us, deciding what to accept and what to reject.

Some people today are like sponges; they soak up whatever they come across. It is all too easy to absorb whatever is around us. But it is far better for each individual personally to choose wisely what he will feed his mind. It is said that we are what we eat, and this can apply to food for both the body and the mind.

Today, faith and true spirituality are rare indeed. “Faith is not a possession of all people,” said Paul. (2 Thessalonians 3:2) Many are completely engrossed in their personal pursuits and have no faith in God. Their wrongful conduct and lack of spirituality prevent them from seeing him with eyes of understanding, for the apostle John wrote: “He that does bad has not seen God.” (3 John 11) Because such individuals do not see God with their physical eyes, they act as if he does not see what they are doing. (Ezekiel 9:9) They look down on spiritual things, so they cannot acquire “the very knowledge of God.” (Proverbs 2:5) Fittingly, then, Paul wrote: “A physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually.”​—1 Corinthians 2:14.

“To be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace,” wrote the apostle Paul. (Romans 8:6, King James Version) With those words, the apostle was pointing out that being a spiritual person is more than a matter of personal preference or inclination. Essentially, it is a matter of life and death.

In addition to pointing out the importance and benefits of being spiritually-minded, the apostle Paul had much to say about what true spirituality is. To the Christians in the ancient city of Corinth, Paul explained the difference between a physical man, that is, a person who follows the impulses of the flesh, and a spiritual man, a person who cherishes spiritual things. Paul wrote: “A physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him.” On the other hand, Paul explained that the spiritual man is characterized by having “the mind of Christ.”​—1 Corinthians 2:14-16.

Having “the mind of Christ” basically means having “the same mental attitude that Christ Jesus had.” (Romans 15:5; Philippians 2:5) In other words, a spiritual man is one who thinks as Jesus does and walks in His footsteps. (1 Peter 2:21; 4:1) The more a person’s mind resembles that of Christ, the deeper his spirituality is and the closer he is to gaining “life and peace.”​—Romans 13:14.

How, then, is true spirituality achieved? Though just about every religion claims to know the path to spirituality, the directions given are about as numerous as the religions themselves. A Protestant claims to be saved at a revival meeting. A Catholic seeks communion with God at Mass. A Buddhist pursues enlightenment through meditation. A Hindu strives for release from the cycle of rebirths through self-denial. Are all of these on the path to true spirituality? Are any?

For many, the answer to those questions is no. They hold that spirituality means to “believe without belonging,” that is, to believe in a god or a deity without belonging to a church. Others feel that spirituality refers, not to a religious experience, but to a desire for inner peace and for meaning in life. They assert that those seeking spirituality need not look to religion at all. Rather, they need only to look inwardly, to their innermost feelings. One writer says: “True spirituality is something that is found deep within oneself. It is your way of loving, accepting and relating to the world and people around you. It cannot be found in a church or by believing in a certain way.”

Clearly, people differ greatly in their ideas about spirituality. Thousands of books claim to show the way to a spiritual life, yet all too often readers are left feeling unfulfilled and confused. There is one book, however, that does contain reliable guidance on spiritual matters. It is the book that shows evidence of being inspired of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)

You may have some conditioned aversion against the beneficial teachings regarding true spirituality in that book though, as conditioned by this system of things, demonstrating the prophecy recorded at 2 Timothy 4:3,4:

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.”

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

“We have much to say about him [Christ], and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Hebrews 5:11-14)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

Rainbow Bridge?

Have you ever played MarioKart on N64 while listening to Judas Priest? It's amazing

Thanks for reminding me how crap Judas Priest was, and how far video gaming has advanced in the last 30 years.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Hecate666

I could put so much more here, the truth is My God is the REAL God, yours is NOT.

Amazing that you could pass over this guy's main point. There are THOUSANDS of religions in this world. And yours is the only right one, the only "real" God? You could not get more delusional. How utterly stupid. If you had grown up in Saudi Arabia you'd be saying the exact same thing about Allah, which is just as delusional and stupid. Why don't you understand that? You are not special, and neither is your God, which is just a delusional part of yourself. You are the problem. And given all the wretched things YOUR God has done, as reported in the Bible, I want nothing to do with that war criminal or his minions.

This is the conundrum of most religions, that there's is the only way to a higher state of being, in the after life. Many religions are fear-based, so they can start the programming early on, then keep control of their mind-state as life progresses.

Bad-boy, Bad-girl give me 100 Our-fathers, then donate 10% of your net yearly, you'll be saved if you are at the right-hand of the father.

When religions have 1000's of years to develop, they can really dial in the control factor of people that can't/will not critically think for themselves. However, just because I personally don't believe in one particular religion doesn't negate that I'm a believer in meta-physics, because there's actually more we can't see then can.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

The Bible identifies an element essential to human spirituality.

The Bible is a book of passages that are written by people. It's also a book of contradictions, and passages that are used to prove each other, when Bible-thumpers get into a "Who-knows-more-versus" arguments.

It's a tool that has caused people pain, suffering, wars, and at the same token has caused comfort, pleasure and hope, however this can be found in any well written novel with same amount of pages, it's just that religions use their "Bible" to control the masses to do things, and a well written novel is only there for philosophical enjoyment.

Perhaps if people read "Religious" texts as pure entertainment we'd have less issues in our world.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
It would be appreciated if you added links for the writings you present......

edit on 30-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join