It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trueman's Redneckish Surveillance System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Technology is cheap if you know where to look. Creativity is for free. I found this old phone between my stuff about 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly, It was about 70% charged after 3 months. It had to be good for something.

This idea came to me yesterday night. I don't believe I'm the first one doing it but my version is pretty ugly and cheap without sacrificing efficiency. It does the job.

In same place I found this little power bank that I got for free after opening a bank account like 3 years ago or so. The wire also from another phone. The suction cup with the arm was part of an old navigator. The part grabbing the phone came as a gift when I bought something I not even remember.

I downloaded an app called "AtHome" in my phone and also in the old one I'm using as a camera, for free too.

To learn how to use it took me more time than putting together the parts. I have zero related education, not my field. I used a piece of tape to hold the power bank in place and I replaced one missing screw of the arm with a piece of paper clip.

This gadget will help me in my trips to the forest. I'll set it in my car.
edit on 22-4-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Nice redneck hack.

I love good redneck hacks!

Got one going in my new car. Had a camera that recorded everything in front of my car for years, got a new car. I could not put it on the new mirror (too high tech). So I mounted it on the back of the back up camera/nav/screen with some of those strips that mount stuff but have an easy pull to remove without residue. Used the same strips and a zip tie to mount the cord which was now way too long, bundled up and hidden from the inside of the car behind the screen.

I use redneck hacks all the time!

Yours is much more creative than mine.

I'm not a pack rat or hoarder but save lots of still useful stuff for "you never know"

Fav things to keep on hand: duct tape, naturally - those easy to stick on and remove strips - zip ties, all sizes - straps with clips - old electronics parts and cords that I still have something laying around they fit - safety pins, all sizes - anything left over from crafting or sewing

edit on 4/22/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I'm not a pack rat or hoarder but save lots of still useful stuff for "you never know"

There is wisdom behind that. It's when recycling paper and plastic bottles is not good enough for you.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

You're now "that guy" in the neighborhood.

In 20 years there will be glancing over the shoulders and hushed tones as 5th graders tell the new kid on the street about the weird house with all the weird stuff taped up in the windows.

This is how urban legends begin. I approve.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: Trueman

You're now "that guy" in the neighborhood.

In 20 years there will be glancing over the shoulders and hushed tones as 5th graders tell the new kid on the street about the weird house with all the weird stuff taped up in the windows.

This is how urban legends begin. I approve.

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm the weird old man in the block. They saw me all geared up on weekends.
edit on 22-4-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If it looks stupid but it works, it ain't stupid.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Told a friend I'll add a SD card to it and leave it in the forest overnight to capture wildlife. He thinks someone could try to steal it.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Nice! And I have all of those things in my electronics cabinet....may have to set a couple of these up. I hate the Nest cams and stuff because they have access to your videos and sometimes I am nekkid.....

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: TzarChasm

Told a friend I'll add a SD card to it and leave it in the forest overnight to capture wildlife. He thinks someone could try to steal it.

Mount it above head height and disguise it as a deer blind.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just installed another app called "Alfred", free too. It has a night vision feature and also let me turn on remotely the flashlight for better vision in the dark.

I have a ghost box too, I might set them together in a creepy place one day.

top topics

join