It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food: Is it acceptable sometimes or no?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You're preaching to the choir my butter-consuming pal.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

well, i only tell people that while shoveling the 6th fistful of reeses into my maw.

OK, not right now. But metaphorically....always.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

LOL. I was never much of a sweets person, I'm more about savory. Dessert was a rarity for me as a kid so I don't crave it as an adult. If they have a cheese course I'm all over that though with a nice glass of vin santo, port or sherry.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LOL. I was never much of a sweets person, I'm more about savory. Dessert was a rarity for me as a kid so I don't crave it as an adult. If they have a cheese course I'm all over that though with a nice glass of vin santo, port or sherry.

Then I have just the thing to tickle your fancy!

How about a nice savoury torta salata con pancetta e ricotta!

🍷

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

eat that and you will never poop again

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

eat that and you will never poop again

No worries! I'm lactose intolerant... it goes right through me, but I get to keep the bacon bits!

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

🍷

I have a nice Barbera d'Alba that would pair perfectly. Or maybe a nice Mueller Thurgau. Hmm...

Decisioni...

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

🍷

I have a nice Barbera d'Alba that would pair perfectly. Or maybe a nice Mueller Thurgau. Hmm...

Decisioni...

I'd go with the Barbera.

Oops, apologies to the OP. This is definitely a no, no for a vegetarian. Milk, meat and the best part, suet in the pastry is strictly off the menu.

I'll leave now, flan in hand.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This is Italian 'fast food'.

I'm off to prep dinner, angello scottadito. Ciao, a presto.

edit on 23-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

i honestly don't want to eat off a menu where suet is not allowed.

although, i once ate at a place called Sweet Melissa in Laramie WY that made the worlds great artichoke dip. The veggie lasagna wasn't bad either. This was ca 2004, so it may not be around now. It was a dive back then.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

although, i once ate at a place called Sweet Melissa in Laramie WY that made the worlds great artichoke dip. The veggie lasagna wasn't bad either. This was ca 2004, so it may not be around now. It was a dive back then.

I ate there! And I had that! Holy cow that stuff was amazing. Still there as of 2019.

Wow, small world.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It was a cool place. Had just opened a few weeks prior when we went.

Our favorite place in Laramie was Altitude. Looked touristy, but it was great. These crab risotto cakes with shrimp alfredo sauce....i almost died.

ETA: Holy crap, they are still open. In the same spot it looks like? Its down by the railroad tracks on, i think, 2nd street. But the bricks on the walls...it looks just like the same place. Except with a lot nicer tables and chairs. My wife will love hearing this.

edit on 4/23/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

This is Italian 'fast food'.

I'm off to prep dinner, angello scottadito. Ciao, a presto.

Just perfect, just be careful not to scald your fingers.
Buon Appetito!

Salute! 🍷
edit on 23-4-2021 by Encia22 because: Networkdude has too much beer.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   

i honestly don't want to eat off a menu where suet is not allowed.

Exactly! "Suet is not uset" used is not in my vocabulary!

edit on 23-4-2021 by Encia22 because: Networkdude is drowning in beer and needs a life jacket!

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesChessman

originally posted by: GreenGunther

a reply to: JamesChessman
Humans evolved their brains by eating fat, mostly marrow and other brains.
To exclude that from your diet is to starve your brain.

Your teeth tell me that your body is very well adapted to eating meat, vegetables and fruit.
Humans require a diverse diet. And meat is delicious, I took personal offence to that.
Have you even tried the creamy liver of a duck that’s been force fed it’s entire life?
It’s fatty gold I tell ya! 🤤

Well I guess you’re joking or trolling but really what’s the point. Force-feeding ducks is one of the worst things I’ve ever heard of.

I’m not actually completely against people eating meat but if so, then it’s better for everyone if the livestock could have a decent life...

Force feeding ducks is one of the worst things you’ve heard of?
Dude, you need to get out more...

Foie gras is delicious, but that’s neither here nor there.
There are atrocities happening the world over but force feeding ducks is one of the worst things...?

Priorities need to be re-evaluated.

No lol, the main topic there was farm animals, and of that, yes force-fed ducks is absolutely terrible, and it must be one of the worst things I’ve heard. I think the animal can’t move its whole life, while it’s literally force-fed down its throat constantly, and that’s its whole life! 100% pain and suffering.

If someone actually enjoys the product then you know it’s one of the worst things possible, in terms of animal cruelty/ suffering, and so there’s just something sick about enjoying it, knowing it’s an entire life of cruelty and torture for an animal.

It’s absolutely terrible for everyone but I also doubt that you actually eat that stuff lol and you’re probably just trolling.

Anyway animal welfare is not a competition against human welfare, as you kinda implied, or something like that, lol.

Is this how disconnected you are from the real world?
I must be trolling because I couldn’t possibly enjoy fatty duck liver?

I’m sensing you must be between the ages of 12-24.
Because no one over 30 could be this disconnected.

I get the feeling you’re culinary boundaries are keeping you in an extremely small box.
I pity you deeply, for I love food! All animal, plant, dairy and crustaceans are welcome!
Mussels to abalone, brain paté to crispy-coated frog legs! Dragon fruit, kiwi, fresh mango!
Lobster ravioli, fish tacos, chicken livers with a sherry cream sauce..

Food and delectable tastes are as a part of me as I am a part of them...

I’ve killed my own dinner more times than I can count.
You seem to be very disconnected from the real world out there, I’d suggest travelling, so many places with amazing, cheap, local, traditional food!

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

ETA: Holy crap, they are still open. In the same spot it looks like? Its down by the railroad tracks on, i think, 2nd street. But the bricks on the walls...it looks just like the same place. Except with a lot nicer tables and chairs. My wife will love hearing this.

Yeah, right across from the railyard, it was jammed last time I was in. Every time I'm in Wyoming I stop in there, it's so good.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Thanks, I’ll look at your links but you do have some opposite views, of mine.

I love olive oil and I consume it constantly. I love it and I can’t really be convinced of it being unhealthy.

Actually olive oil is one of the good guys, so we're in agreement there.

I agree with you that salt should not be a problem if the food / diet is ok.

It isn't that it 'isn't a problem', it is literally a vital nutrient. Again, we've been scammed by those who pretend they - and are supposed to - have our interests at heart.

However I don’t agree that animal fats are better than vegetarian options like olive oil.

Again, I wasn't talking about olive oil. Your post and comments were about fast food. I'm talking about all of the vegetable oils used by the commercial food industry, and even many that are supposed to be 'healthy' (sunflower, etc).

Olive, Avacado and Coconut oils - as long as they are pure, raw and cold pressed.

And I do eat healthy in my own time, but I guess I didn’t really explain that, because I was just asking about this habit I’ve acquired while on the road.

It isn't what you believe that is your downfall... it is what you think you know, that just ain't so.

That is my point. The global myth of veganism/vegetarianism being healthy is just that. A myth. A very dangerous one to your health.

If you do start researching this, and do so with an open mind, you will soon understand what I mean.

Also I do think that there’s something wrong with this fast food that I’m not sure exactly what it is. Not oil or salt. There’s something else wrong with it that is messing up my body and mind, even though I’m not sure exactly what.

The oil - rancid, extremely unhealthy rape seed and other oils - is/are one of the big things wrong with it, but certainly not the only thing. All of the 'food' - including the supposed 'healthy' options like their salads - are garbage. But especially the 'meat' based gunk.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

1. If you think eating vegetarian or eating organic is some special benefit to your health, you are spending more money on nothing. I know farmers and ranchers. I know what gets called organic. Just save your money.

In general I agree - the exception is if you actually investigate your local sources, and buy only from those who don't just do the minimum necessary, but do it right, then it is worth the extra money, although sometimes it doesn't cost extra. Our local beef source sells extremely high quality pastured/grass fed/finished animal products.

2. If you are eating in any restaurant trying to find health benefits, you are doign it wrong. I run "fine dining" establishments that source all foods from within 100 miles. The food is super fresh and fantastic. But a half stick of butter will certainly push the calorie count up beyond what you suspect. That food tastes so good because chef's know how to make it taste good. What they DON'T care about is how healthy it is

You say that as if you think butter is unhealthy. High quality butter is very healthy, and yes, makes foods extra tasty.

Calories are not your enemy. Insulin - or more precisely, high blood insulin levels for extended periods - is your enemy.

3. If you are eating fast food and thinking you will get anything other than the cheapest, lowest quality food, you should definitely reconsider

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

There are 2 primary things that draw in water: salt and sugar. Water is what is involved in many processes, including inflammation and congestive heart failure. Along with just hypertension and high blood pressure.

Salt is a required nutrient. Sugar is not. Nurses learn in nursing school that "water follows salt". They are not taught the same about sugar. I suspect that there is a "behind the scenes" actor that is behind that.

People with high blood pressure that are reducing sodium intake could also reduce sugar/carbohydrate intake and get the same effect. While also improving blood sugar/insulin.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Humans evolved their brains by eating fat, mostly marrow and other brains.
To exclude that from your diet is to starve your brain.

Your teeth tell me that your body is very well adapted to eating meat, vegetables and fruit.
Humans require a diverse diet. And meat is delicious, I took personal offence to that.
Have you even tried the creamy liver of a duck that’s been force fed it’s entire life?
It’s fatty gold I tell ya! 🤤

Well I guess you’re joking or trolling but really what’s the point. Force-feeding ducks is one of the worst things I’ve ever heard of.

I’m not actually completely against people eating meat but if so, then it’s better for everyone if the livestock could have a decent life...

Force feeding ducks is one of the worst things you’ve heard of?
Dude, you need to get out more...

Foie gras is delicious, but that’s neither here nor there.
There are atrocities happening the world over but force feeding ducks is one of the worst things...?

Priorities need to be re-evaluated.

No lol, the main topic there was farm animals, and of that, yes force-fed ducks is absolutely terrible, and it must be one of the worst things I’ve heard. I think the animal can’t move its whole life, while it’s literally force-fed down its throat constantly, and that’s its whole life! 100% pain and suffering.

If someone actually enjoys the product then you know it’s one of the worst things possible, in terms of animal cruelty/ suffering, and so there’s just something sick about enjoying it, knowing it’s an entire life of cruelty and torture for an animal.

It’s absolutely terrible for everyone but I also doubt that you actually eat that stuff lol and you’re probably just trolling.

Anyway animal welfare is not a competition against human welfare, as you kinda implied, or something like that, lol.

Is this how disconnected you are from the real world?
I must be trolling because I couldn’t possibly enjoy fatty duck liver?

I’m sensing you must be between the ages of 12-24.
Because no one over 30 could be this disconnected.

I get the feeling you’re culinary boundaries are keeping you in an extremely small box.
I pity you deeply, for I love food! All animal, plant, dairy and crustaceans are welcome!
Mussels to abalone, brain paté to crispy-coated frog legs! Dragon fruit, kiwi, fresh mango!
Lobster ravioli, fish tacos, chicken livers with a sherry cream sauce..

Food and delectable tastes are as a part of me as I am a part of them...

I’ve killed my own dinner more times than I can count.
You seem to be very disconnected from the real world out there, I’d suggest travelling, so many places with amazing, cheap, local, traditional food!

There seem misunderstandings between our posts.

I want livestock animals to live a decent life, as possible, even though they’ll eventually be killed.

And yeah, animals whose entire life is suffering / torture, is indeed one of the worst things ever.

But less so, if their life can be decent first, before they’re killed.

And animal products would seem pretty logical to prefer to buy products from healthier, happier animals.

Since you’ll be consuming their actual stress hormones etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join