It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food: Is it acceptable sometimes or no?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hey I can imagine the various responses but I thought it might be interesting to hear from people anyway.

I’ve grown a bad habit of getting fast food from McDonald’s and Burger King but the good thing is that my choices are limited to coffee (black), and fries, and BK has decent veggie burgas.

So I wonder if people think that this might be OK for my health, considering that I’m still vegetarian and I’m basically eating the best possible things from each place lol.

Or do you guys think I’m still harming my health with this?

The worst thing about this habit might just be the obvious high fat of the fries etc. being cooked, and also high sodium, but I could care less about that!!

But I’m wondering if people think that there’s something else wrong with it lol, like do you think the cooking oil itself has some problem beyond the fact of being oil? Do u imagine toxic chemicals or something in the fries and veggie burgers?

I imagine the coffee is pretty harmless unless people have a specific reason to think that there’s something wrong with it?

Asking because I actually do think that it’s making me feel kind of gross lol but I can’t quite decide what exactly it is...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesChessman
Hey I can imagine the various responses but I thought it might be interesting to hear from people anyway.

I’ve grown a bad habit of getting fast food from McDonald’s and Burger King but the good thing is that my choices are limited to coffee (black), and fries, and BK has decent veggie burgas.

So I wonder if people think that this might be OK for my health, considering that I’m still vegetarian and I’m basically eating the best possible things from each place lol.

You can technically live a Vegan lifestyle by just eating sugar.

By the pound.

And nothing else.

Stop trying to be a Vegan and instead start trying to be a Human.

Eat Responsibly.

edit on 21-4-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The worst thing about this habit might just be the obvious high fat of the fries etc. being cooked, and also high sodium, but I could care less about that!!

But I’m wondering if people think that there’s something else wrong with it lol, like do you think the cooking oil itself has some problem beyond the fact of being oil? Do u imagine toxic chemicals or something in the fries and veggie burgers?

I imagine the coffee is pretty harmless unless people have a specific reason to think that there’s something wrong with it?

Asking because I actually do think that it’s making me feel kind of gross lol but I can’t quite decide what exactly it is...

Like most things in life, it is fine in moderation...

I actually find though if I don't eat it for awhile, it actually makes me sick. The sad thing is every now and then I just crave some nasty mystery meat fast food.

Every now and then I go to White Castle... something about those little soggy grey square patties with a pickle and onions... sh*t is disgusting but taste like heaven at midnight for some reason.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

They don't call it a crave case for nothing.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You can technically live a Vegan lifestyle by just eating sugar.

By the pound.

And nothing else.

Stop trying to be a Vegan and instead start trying to be a Human.

Eat Responsibly.

Dude wtf are you even saying lol. I am increasingly feeling that the world is going crazy, in general, people are losing their mind.

Anyway it’s actually extremely inappropriate to tell me to stop being vegan. Especially that I actually DON’T tell other people TO be vegan, so it’s not like you’re responding in kind, to me, in any way.

Plus being vegetarian/ vegan is just physically, demonstrably healthier (than eating meat).

Also it’s not like eating meat is a big fun thing, because it’s really not amazing in the first place, which actually begs why people are so attached to it...

Anyway I actually do enjoy fish once in a while and I think it’s still healthier and better than eating land animals, it’s just terrible imo for the world in general.

Regardless McD’s has decent coffee which probably can’t be too toxic (unless it is lol), and the actual food items are not inherently bad food items.

So I don’t want to sabotage my health but it’s also easy to wonder if maybe this is ok. There’s some great instant gratification in the hotness of everything, and everyone loves oil and salt lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Like most things in life, it is fine in moderation...

I actually find though if I don't eat it for awhile, it actually makes me sick. The sad thing is every now and then I just crave some nasty mystery meat fast food.

Every now and then I go to White Castle... something about those little soggy grey square patties with a pickle and onions... sh*t is disgusting but taste like heaven at midnight for some reason.

Haha I know, it can be very enjoyable to just get this hot, greasy salty food in the car window, it is a fun experience imo.

But I also feel like I might be poisoning myself with this habit though, maybe.

Though I’m not sure exactly why.

But if they cook with oil that’s something wrong with it, then that could be why.

I don’t usually avoid oil or salt in general but I also don’t eat bad oil either... which I’m not sure exactly what it would be...

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Apparently it’s essential.

Never mind a good old fashioned mom-an-pop place that serves the goods from the homeland with original recipes and secret flair.

F that chit. Gimme a whopper and a quesadilla.

“Brawndo has what plants crave!”

Yeah

edit on 22-4-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The best fries are the ones you make at home. I like them baked with butter and sea salt

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesChessman
Humans evolved their brains by eating fat, mostly marrow and other brains.
To exclude that from your diet is to starve your brain.

Your teeth tell me that your body is very well adapted to eating meat, vegetables and fruit.
Humans require a diverse diet. And meat is delicious, I took personal offence to that.
Have you even tried the creamy liver of a duck that’s been force fed it’s entire life?
It’s fatty gold I tell ya! 🤤

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It is old news but they changed the recepies afterwards

Oliver repeatedly explained to the public, over several years – in documentaries, television shows and interviews – that the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption. According to the chef and hamburger enthusiast, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry, “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”

Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver famously coined this the “the pink slime process.”

“Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonia in the mouths of their children?” Oliver asked.

I get cravings too, and no amount of morality will stop me from giving in

edit on 22-4-2021 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I’m one of those weirdos that used to go to McDonalds for salad, so I know they do have some healthy things. The fries taste good, but they’re not healthy. Over salted and deep fried.

As far as BK veggie burger, you’d be better off with a chicken (omg - meat!!) burger. Unless you’re making your own veggie patties, the store and fast food ones are as processed as dog food.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If you've never seen "Super Size Me" before it's worth watching.

Here is a short version.

This is from the full video. There is also a newer version from 2017. Both on YouTube.

Bon Appetit!

edit on 22-4-2021 by Hoser793 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
millions of us eat fast food once or more a week
sometimes 4-5 times/week
we're still here.

worry less. the human body is amazingly capable of adapting and dealing with a variety of foods.

I'm not advocating burger/fries/cola every day. but I'm not for no burgers/fries ever ever again.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
All in moderation!

If you are stuffing down McDonalds cheese burgers as your main food, then you will get fat, constipated and die young. If you eat a balanced diet then you will at least have a chance. These are facts.

I asked my Vegan friend what she thought, but she did not have the energy to reply!

Those of you are well travelled know that vegetarian food in some places (where it's common) is often not healthy - or rather has unhealthy options! Anyone been to India?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I think fast food once in a while is ok. I don't know where you are, but I'm in Europe so we have many options apart from McD and BK.

As to the items you listed, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apart from the coffee, those other things are not strictly vegetarian, depending on where you live and unless the process and ingredients have changed more recently.

McDonald's fries:
How they're made!

BK's Veggie Burger:
How it's cooked!

The fries sold in some Euro countries are vegan/vegetarian approved. For instance, in Italy they use 9 of the 19 ingredients in the USA variety. The UK should be 100% vegan, too, but not in France...

Sorry!
edit on 22-4-2021 by Encia22 because: Some corrections

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Do you know how processed those veggie burgers have to be in order to pretend to be meat? They might be more processed than the burger patties spiked with soy.

However, the occasional fast food run isn't going to kill you. I actually trust people who admit to the occasional food vice more. They're more human to me. I do have those rare days where I jones for some Taco Hell tacos myself.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Do you know how processed those veggie burgers have to be in order to pretend to be meat? They might be more processed than the burger patties spiked with soy.

However, the occasional fast food run isn't going to kill you. I actually trust people who admit to the occasional food vice more. They're more human to me. I do have those rare days where I jones for some Taco Hell tacos myself.

Taco Bell does wonders for cleaning out your system.... tasty food and laxative all in one! Who needs a colonic when you have Taco Bell!

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Even though it isn't all that hot, their hot sauce is just so dang good.

edit on 22-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I always get a Mexican Pizza w/o beans. Slathered in whatever the hottest sauce is they offer.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Apparently it’s essential.

Never mind a good old fashioned mom-an-pop place that serves the goods from the homeland with original recipes and secret flair.

F that chit. Gimme a whopper and a quesadilla.

“Brawndo has what plants crave!”

Yeah

Well I guess you have a point that I can check out independent places instead of these fast food places.

But also I don’t think we need to completely avoid the big chains necessarily. And it does have some positive effect to order vegetarian stuff from such places, which emphasizes such food for the company to offer for vegetarians. For example I think it’s actually great that BK has decent veg burgers and I bet most people don’t even know it.

Also the car window thing really is part of the fun of these places... and I do have some nostalgic feeling for it, from childhood, my dad was always getting coffee from McD’s drive-through.

Also McD’s reminds me of traveling in my life, with friends and family, it often included stopping in McD’s even once I became a vegetarian, there is still always decent coffee and fries lol.

Also I’ve noticed that Starbucks coffee is good but it can become overly strong, sometimes, and McD’s is kinda weak but it means that it won’t get that same feeling of too much of it, the same way as Starbucks can...

edit on 22-4-2021 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join