It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon to let Whole Foods shoppers pay with a swipe of their palm (Mark of the Beast)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) said it is rolling out biometric technology at its Whole Foods stores around Seattle starting on Wednesday, letting shoppers pay for items with a scan of their palm.

The move shows how Amazon is bringing some of the technology already in use at its namesake brick-and-mortar Go and Books stores to the grocery chain it acquired in 2017.

The system, called Amazon One, lets customers associate a credit card with their palm print. It offers a contact-less alternative to cash and card payments, Amazon said.

www.reuters.com...

Couple something like this with vaccine passports and we're a hop, skip and a jump away from this:

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

It's interesting that the Bible connected this mark to commerce. That's exactly what's unfolding.

GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST TODAY!

edit on 21-4-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

911 calls should be interesting.

"someone stole my hands"

Thank god for Siri.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

It's their palm print, you know like a finger print, not some "mark" they have to have tattooed or implanted into their hand.

Otherwise, pretty cool. But, unfortunately I never shop at Whole Foods.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Armed Robbery will need to be redefined.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
..and "they"are the "cloud storage" for the cia!
Lol
Jesus

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
LMAO. Technology = teh devil

What a cool tech. I bet it could help combat fraud and identify theft

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's their palm print, you know like a finger print, not some "mark" they have to have tattooed or implanted into their hand.

Exactly. If you believe in the mark of the beast stuff, then you should be aware that your palm print was given to you by god. So is god now giving everyone born the mark of the beast?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Modern payment systems are the epitome of laziness...

Too lazy to count cash...debit/credit payments

Too lazy to type a pin number in...tap enabled cards

Too lazy to open your wallet....NFC phone payments

Too lazy to do literally anything but wave your hand in the air...biometric payments
edit on 21/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It is just like a large fingerprint. They are easily copy-able and not secure at all. Any copy machine can make a copy of your hand print, and therefore for this system, your identity. There is only one trick to make it work. The paper has to be ether wet with water or lightly oiled to make the image fool the machine into reading it as skin. The Myth Busters proved this many years ago.

I can see someone showing up with stacks of papers and log everyone in. The store will be full of invisable people and no one else can get in and they never leave. The real owners of the identities will not be able to enter at all because they are already inside. I name this prank "Store California" 'you can check it out any time you like, but you can never leave.'
edit on 4 21 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

LMAO. Technology = teh devil

I'd love to debate that. It's not "the devil" it's the ic larping as private corporations.
Ever heard of lifelog?
Alexa, cia servers, aws?
Google?

You sound like a newbie

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I have to agree with you on this one... the OP is a bit of a stretch.

Unless I am unlocking my cellphone with "The Mark Of The Beast" every time I use a fingerprint to unlock it...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Modern payment systems are the epitome of laziness...

Too lazy to count cash...debit/credit payments

Too lazy to type a pin number in...tap enabled cards

Too lazy to open your wallet....NFC phone payments

Too lazy to do literally anything but wave your hand in the air...biometric payments

And noid.
My wife watched a close-stander at the store today...he was walking up and pretending to buy an item next to everyone in the store.
She gave him the stink eye and he scurried out of the store with no stuff.
Probably had the $12 reader/writer and writes info to blank rfids to run credit.

This biometric crap has an excellent history of reliability.....in China

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I'd love to debate that. It's not "the devil" it's the ic larping as private corporations.
Ever heard of lifelog?
Alexa, cia servers, aws?
Google?

You sound like a newbie

Thanks for the constructive reply. It was sarcasm if that wasn't apparent. I'd love to debate technology with you but I might be a little rusty. 26 years of IT and software development work has exposed me to many changes in the landscape.
edit on 21-4-2021 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Not a stretch at all.
It's called "conditioning" or "programming" you for the future swipe of your hand which would contain a mark.

You sound either ignorant or like a troll.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Destal

I do live under a bridge in Washington State.

The point I was making was that if you are going to be bringing up a biblical issue then you should also face the facts that god is allowing these things to happen and is even part of it.

If on the other hand you are only using the quote as a metaphor, then so be it but understand that there is a difference between voluntary convenience (which this palm reader is) and forced compliance (which is how the metaphoric mark of the beast is usually compared to).

You can call me ignorant, but I hope you can back that statement up with facts of the situation. I usually only talk about things I know, and will admit it when I'm wrong.

You can call me a troll, but you should know that I'm usually referred to as an Ogre.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

This is akin to creep technology where at first it seems cool, great idea, No smartphone, no credit card, no problem...Amazon ONE!, we got this...as they later slide in the mark of the beast. All part of big data collection for power & profit! DARPAlog was just the start. Snowden was not joking.

Meanwhile, the dystopian surveillance continues...

Amazon Delivery Drivers Forced to Sign ‘Biometric Consent’ Form or Lose Job

Amazon delivery drivers nationwide have to sign a "biometric consent" form this week that grants the tech behemoth permission to use AI-powered cameras to access drivers' location, movement, and biometric data.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I think Amazon should have a 1000% tax rate on gross revenue. That ought to kill em pretty quick.

This is just another example of them being a trash company. Trillions made on slavery, oppression and monopoly building.

Old Karl Marx had a lot of stupid ideas but he had the right idea for the likes of Bezos.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This is bad, we should burn some witches.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Wasn't this already fulfilled with the roman emporer Nero?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It is convenient technology. I'm to the point I hate using cash. It isn't any different than using a credit card or finger print scanner on your cell phone.

With that said, all technology can be abused. I don't think this particular tech is the "mark of the beast". If anything that is just your social security number.

My fear is that with all this data tied to an individual we get into the realm of social credit and then even pre-crime statistical analyses. For example, big data can look at all your credit card purchases, income, and other variables and can probably predict if you are likely to get divorced, commit a crime, be unhealthy, etc. Government and companies then start making decisions about you based on WHAT YOU MIGHT DO given the data tied to you.... scary thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join