It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Idea - Bagged Chips-Crisps to Mashed Potatoes in under 10 mins.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Natural potato chips, reconstituted into mashed state will probably be healthier than any instant variety. I guess it all depends on the ingredients of the chips.

With all the synthetic fertilisers that are probably used to grow common fruits and vegetables, I'm not so sure fresh potatoes are any healthier. Root vegetables could even be the most contaminated of all.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Seems like a real expensive way to make mashed potatoes. Potatoes are cheap.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I'm going to make some Pickled Onion mashed potatoes followed by some Salt and Vinegar flavour.

Not bothered about how long it'll take or 'expense' but simply because it's different and I'm interested in how it'll taste.
And it'll be a welcome distraction from the seemingly countless Tumbling Tom's I have to basket up, cut my lawns, pot up chilli plants, plant out lots of different types of vegetables and flowers and seemingly endless other garden 'jobs' I have to do.

I'll let you know how I got on.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Oooh! Please do!
I have some M&S crinkle cut cream cheese and chives I am tempted to 'blow' on this 'experiment'!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yep, agreed. However, it's nice to know it can be done if the need arises. More of a proof of concept rather than an everyday practice.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

a reply to: angelchemuel

I like your spirit of adventure and for the sake of science.

I'm curious to see how it works out, more importantly, if you're able to fool others that it's real mash.

edit on 22-4-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Not bad, especially if you're stuck with throwing a supper party, and can't get to the store, but have a cellar with old crisps.

Although I can't help imagining an uncontacted Amazonian tribe who find a carton of potato crisps, and the leaders don't like them crispy (it might be a dental thing).

OK ladies, let's have a party: half of you chew the yuca for beer and spit it in this pot, and half of you chew the crisps for mash and spit it in the other pot.

Cool, a party with tapir steaks, masato beer and masticated mash potatoes!

edit on 22-4-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: schuyler

Wow, that's quite expensive. Where I am in Europe, potato chips are much less expensive, unless you're looking at gourmet styles.

Really? So how much is an 8oz (or whatever metric equivalent you use) bag of normal potato chips? Point is, f you use a real potato, you get real mashed potatoes, not potato chips full of salt and monosodium glutamate and whatever they stick in there to "preserve freshness." At SEVEN TIMES more expensive I do not understand the allure. At just TWICE as expensive I don't understand it either.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

A 150 gram bag (about 5oz) costs about 1 Euro (about $1.20). They contain only potatoes, sunflower oil and salt (or low salt variety for same price).

Obviously, I would always go the fresh potato route; cheap ones can be had for about a third of the price. Good quality, throw-away-nothing, 1.5kg bags go for about 2 or 3 Euro.

What intrigued me was the concept... nothing more.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join