It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Nuclear Power Plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I apologize if this topic has been so overdone- I gave a good try in searching.

This is kind of a broad topic, so I'm not sure what to ask. But as far as I know (except for a recent topic about a mini-nuke in Alaska), as soon as the nuclear plants we have in the US today are done, there will be no new ones.

I've been wondering about this since I found it out God knows how many years ago, but now I have sufficient motivation to learn-- a research paper! Don't tell me to do my own research, because I'm not asking you to do that. And don't think this is just me BS'ing my way through an assignment- I'm genuinely interested.

So, I think that we need new nuclear plants and have the task of persuading whoever. Are there any experts/ plant workers out there that can give information for or against building new nuclear power plants in the US?

Otherwise, hey, let's have a debate about it!

(I apologize again if this topic sucks... feel free to lock it down and punch me in the stomach)

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i think there should be no new nuklier power plants,
because fusion is better(more safe and all)

and btw china made a nuklier reactor thats imposible to melt down

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
nah,
we don't need any new ones.
We need to look at new technologies not outdated ones

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yeah but a fussion reactor capable of self sustainability has not even been built yet. We could do it with a manhattan style project but no countries cant even agree to build ITER, its a disgrace really. The EU and US/Japan should just do it by themselves and get on with it now.

top topics

join