It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doll mistaken for an Alien

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ananova:

Doll mistaken for alien

A burnt rubber doll was mistaken for a badly injured alien and taken to a hospital in Brazil.

It happened after people in Aracruz found a burnt 'body' on the ground after seeing a fireball fall from the sky.

A police spokesman told Terra Noticias Populares: "Many people were terrified thinking that an alien invasion was taking place.

"They thought the doll was a burnt ET and more than 50 people called the station."

The 'alien' was taken to the local hospital where doctors soon confirmed it was a burnt rubber doll.

A hospital spokesman said: "It was obviously a practical joke but we wonder who would do that in such a small and quiet town."

www.ananova.com...

This is a riot.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Actually that is very funny.

I bet they were VERY careful handling that burnt rubber
doll when they took it to the hospital.
But then I love practical jokes anyway...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Goodness this just to much to handle, how in the world can you not tell the difference of burned plastic or wood, people are so gullible.

People are watching to many alien movies lately.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow that's funny

Thanks for the laugh dg, I needed it!

Great find

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think we all deserve a laugh after the last few days.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Gah!
Brazil has lots of UFO sitings that are taken very seriously, but a burnt doll taken to a hospital?
I wonder if there is a pic on the web some where.
It will probably turn up next week and someone will claim it as a real Alien

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Did the hospital say how the doll's doing, or are they only giving that information to relatives?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hey this is soo funny!

its an alien ----- ooops no sorry; no its not its a doll! (breathe easier)

Com on - whilst i actually do believe that this was a practical joke and a funny one; which does truly highlight peoples suseptability to Alien's and other things of the like.....

what if it was an alien a baby and the police have been told to confirm it as a Rubber baby doll and make a mockery of the locals in the process.

I am not trying to cause an arguement or a be a idiot , but merely playing devils advocate.

We have accepted the explanation given; because it is wierd and wacky and mostly likely exactly what it says on the tin, but should we accept it?

Deny ignorance?

remember this:

"It was a UFO" : Airforce 1947
"It was a weather Balloon" : Airforce 1947 ; days later

Comon people consider it for one minute.

best regards

Boondog

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Stupidity should be painfull. LOL what a bunch of loons!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
:cool For allwe know, it could have been a real alien...

You never know.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Indeed, I mean fireballs dont fall from the sky packed with rubber dolls you know. Could have just been a meteorite or whatever hitting some house with a rubber doll in it but was this doll even found in a house?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Goodness this just to much to handle, how in the world can you not tell the difference of burned plastic or wood, people are so gullible.

People are watching to many alien movies lately.

And.... too many people like us, hanging out on sites like this...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but how can you mistake a burnt up doll for an alien body? They must have been some really stupid people.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Did the hospital say how the doll's doing, or are they only giving that information to relatives?
I called. Burnt doll is holding her own according to nurse in charge. more as it develops.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I can see them putting it on a stretcher with an oxygen mask.I wonder if they tried to resussetate it. Maybe CPR and a little mouth to mouth?

[edit on 3/22/2005 by rwatkins]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I called. Burnt doll is holding her own according to nurse in charge. more as it develops.

I think we should start a fund to gather money to pay for the doll's exhorbitant doctor bills.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
... but what if some aliens actually are burnt rubber dolls ?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The people bringing the doll to the hospital, don't they know the smell of burned rubber or were they in on the practical joke ?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wonder if it was one of them... errr... blush... forget it.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
an ripped up rubber doll!!!!!!!!! what 0951 said about what if aliens are burnt up rubber dolls well my friend says aliens are jello!!!
this is the best laugh i had in months!!!!
damn those people cant tell rubber from alien!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join