It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is JUSTICE?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You hear the demands for JUSTICE on every MSM outlet.

JUSTICE for george!

What is just? What is justice being served?

There is a public and transparent trial. There seems to be a totally impartial judge. The jurors are of mixed race and sex.

Will justice be served if Chauvin is found guilty? Yes.

Will justice be served if Chauvin is found not guilty by a jury of his peers? Yes as well.

That is how our justice system is designed. Not a perfect system, but it is the best we have.

So when the just verdict is given, will anyone claim that justice has not been served if it does not fit Maxine Waters idea of justice?

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Justice is supposed to be blind but it’s looking like TPTB want her to be deaf, dumb and mute aswell.
🤷‍♂️
a reply to: panoz77

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Justice is fluid and can be defined and re-defined by the left on demand. This is not hyperbole, this is fact.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To the BLM people justice means that black people should be able to break laws as they see fit. And also putting police to death who happen to get in the way of their activities.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

JUSTICE for george!

There is a public and transparent trial. There seems to be a totally impartial judge. The jurors are of mixed race and sex.

Will justice be served if Chauvin is found guilty? Yes.

Will justice be served if Chauvin is found not guilty by a jury of his peers? Yes as well.

That is how our justice system is designed. Not a perfect system, but it is the best we have.

So when the just verdict is given, will anyone claim that justice has not been served if it does not fit Maxine Waters idea of justice?

One of the problems here is that US law is based on early British common law, and while the laws haven't changed much cultural norms have. So there are laws in place that don't take modern forensics into account, or which try to apply the same standards to digital items as physical ones.

In this case, the definitions or manslaughter and murder and so on are based on concepts drawn up when murder was stabbing somebody through the heart, but also using witchcraft to taint a community's grain supply.

In most western countries this would be pretty straight forward. The question would be whether Chauvin should have stopped restraining Floyd and started rendering medical assistance when he stopped moving. If this trial were being conducted in almost any other English speaking country Chauvin would be more or less automatically found guilty of manslaughter at best and neglect homicide at worst. Because their laws see things differently.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Justice is fluid and can be defined and re-defined by the left on demand. This is not hyperbole, this is fact.

I'm petty sure that the left would say the same about the right with regards to what counts as being self defense.

Like how it can be considered self defense when you start a fight and then shoot the person when they punch you back.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Justice is supposed to be blind but it’s looking like TPTB want her to be deaf, dumb and mute aswell.
🤷‍♂️

Well said.My heart goes out to MN. Regardless.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Like how it can be considered self defense when you start a fight and then shoot the person when they punch you back.

I'm assuming you have a source for this incident you're comparing to an actual real life incident?

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"Justice" is what President Biden says he's praying for.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The difference between murder and manslaughter is intent. What takes you there is a wrongdoing that leads to said death.

Did Chauvin follow allowed restraint practice as he was trained to do or not? If yes, no clear wrongdoing to lead to manslaughter. He did what he was trained to. Now we can argue over the failures of that training.

If Chauvin did not, then he did things wrong and death was the outcome which opens the door to manslaughter.

That's for the jury to determine.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Justice is a dead man's alleged killer being put on trial where he is allowed to defend himself and a jury of his peers rendering judgment.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

JUSTICE for george!

The roots of the problem are in a relativistic world-view.

If we don't have a fixed, objective and transcendental standard for right and wrong, truth and deception, justice and injustice, then those things become whatever the person with the biggest stick or the biggest gun decides it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

🤷‍♂️

Yeah either way, Minneapolis is going to burn.
If not guilty, BLM will burn it because of outrage.
If guilty, BLM will burn it in celebration.
Sad but true.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: slatesteam

🤷‍♂️

Yeah either way, Minneapolis is going to burn.
If not guilty, BLM will burn it because of outrage.
If guilty, BLM will burn it in celebration.
Sad but true.

Then they will bitch that nobody wants to run a business in those neighborhoods.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If this trial were being conducted in almost any other English speaking country Chauvin would be more or less automatically found guilty of manslaughter at best and neglect homicide at worst. Because their laws see things differently

I will play Devils Advocate.

If i was speaking from " The Right " there would be two possible verdicts.

1) Death By Misadventure.

2) Accidental Death.

If i was speaking from " The Left " there would be one verdict.

Unlawfully Killing.

However none of the above options are available for a US Court to consider. US Justice syatem is very limited when it comes to causes of death. It does need to be updated.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My wife is pissed at me because I really don’t have a strong opinion either way of guilt or innocence.
She thinks it’s a clear cut case of guilt.
I have always been of the notion of if you are not engaged in any kind of criminal activities, you stand a really good chance of continuing to stay alive.
Killer cops or not, if you don’t do anything illegal, you will be fine.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A verdict has been reached....they will read it between 4:30 and 5 Eastern Time.
edit on 20-4-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: network dude

I'm petty sure that the left would say the same about the right with regards to what counts as being self defense.

I don't know, I've never heard someone on the right make an idiotic argument like that. You have a right to defend yourself, but you don't have a right to commit assault and battery. If you are the aggressor, you are the guilty one. But if I smash you in the face and you get up and pull a knife on me and try to stab me, do I defend myself, or accept that I started it and need to let you stab me? I'd really like to hear your interpretation of this.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
A verdict has been reached....they will read it between 4:30 and 5 Eastern Time.

Whoa..that was quick, I'm guessing Chauvin has been found guilty, probably the lesser charge.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

There seems to be a difference between the concept of 'justice', which may be different to every individual, and a legal justice system, written-up by lawyers, and other self-serving dirtbags.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join