It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Week's Science Quiz...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
here is a quiz for all you ATSers that are "science smart":

www.livescience.com...

A half-dozen questions to test your knowledge of the week's science news and other things in nature that are just plain strange. Every Friday, only on LiveScience!

enjoy!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You answered 5 questions correctly

And on the first try too! The only one I got wrong was number three, and I had a good guess on six.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
And on the first try too! The only one I got wrong was number three, and I had a good guess on six.

NIIICE...

i bet you cannot wait 'till next friday???

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

You answered 5 questions correctly

Same here
I almost changed my answer to question 3 because I read your post. I didn't and got it wrong

I think I will do this every week, then I'll be sure to learn something every week.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
NIIICE...

glad to hear positive reviews...

that site is one of my favorites...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

You answered 5 questions correctly.

Vampire bats drink blood rather than actually suck it, i suppose.
Got the running ability of bats incorrect also.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Bah only got 3 right missed the Tsunami, bat and cow question but now i know i learned something yay!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I got 4 right. The cow question and I second guest myself on the Gulf Coast question. I wish I didn't now. The cow one, I said they'd travel 1000 miles for, because I figured it was the most asinine one of them and it had to be it. Oh well, better luck next time!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
5 questions correct.

I never knew that answer about vampire bats. Hmm, you learn something new every day

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You answered 6 questions correctly.

The only one I guess on was the question regarding the Gulf, I knew it can be a bit stormy at times, but I'd never imagine Tsunami's... but it was also the only answer that made sense to me. There isn't much techtonic activity in the Gulf area and I thought the tempurature might be too high for sea turtles..

I knew about the Brain being capable of being hardwired in certain ways to acheive certain kinds of stimuli and reaction. Didn't MIT develop a low-res set of goggles that could be hardwired to a blind person's brain to at least allow them to see in black and white?

The Biommimetics question stuck out a bit in that Nano-replication is a field that is growing like wildfire. Never really considered a bio version, but seems equally feasible given the amount of genetics research and advancement we've had over the past 20 years..

I think I got 5 right for the wrong reasons.. the ice caps melting due to global warming, but I suspect I may be wrong as that's still hotly debated..

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You answered 4 questions correctly.

I couldn't get the biometrics one or the cow one. Guess I don't know that much about cows. No pun intended.
I like taking little quizzes every now and then just to see if the old tinker is still in tip top shape.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
childs play gottem all hahaha

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Awesome !!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
glad to hear you all enjoy it...

also, i am glad you all learned something

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
1. The human brain may be hard wired for …
Correct!

2. The U.S. Gulf Coast faces a higher than realized risk of a …
Correct!

3. Vampire bats …
Correct!

4. Biomimetics researcher Adrian Bowyer envisions a machine that would …
Correct!

5. No matter what we do, by the year 2100 oceans will …
Correct!

6. Bonus Question: Cows love the flower of the soaptree yucca so much they will stand on their hind legs to reach them and even …
Correct!

[edit on 3/22/2005 by Phaethor]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Cute...I missed the hard-wired brain one though....I was sure it was only for something specific, rather than general behavior....

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I only missed the bats question they scuttel on the ground now taht's creepy

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
w00t, six. I remember another thing like this, but I think it was on Space.com. I love tests, especially ones I do well on.

The bat thing was fascinating. The pictures of it were great.

How'd you do they see ALL?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I got 4 right, missed 2 and 3. The cow one was easy cause I live on a farm and I've never seen one jump more than a few inches when scared (uhhh..no that's not a cattle prod behind my back..
) and usually don't travel very far.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

and I'm a history major :p

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join