It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota National Guard Targeted In Drive-by Shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yesterday...

Two guardsmen were injured early Sunday morning when someone fired at a Minnesota National Guard and Minneapolis Police Department neighborhood security team, the Minnesota National Guard said.

According to the Minnesota National Guard, the shooting occurred around 4:19 a.m., when someone in a light-colored SUV opened fire on an Operation Safety Net security team that was watching over the neighborhood.

One guardsman was injured from shattered glass and was taken to a local hospital to be treated, and another sustained superficial injuries.

thehill.com...

Also, for those who might call bs prematurely šŸ™„:
www.cnn.com...
www.fox9.com...

This on the heels of "Mad" Maxine Waters calling for more confrontational "protesting" because, "..we gotta let them know we mean business!"

Let who know exactly you quack??

SHE IS INCITING VIOLENCE and her supporters evidently heard the call.

Less than 2 hours later, our soldiers and local police were shot at.

I pray to everybody's god that cooler heads prevail because by all indications, we really are being funneled into some type of showdown. To deny that is pure idiocy.

As the old adage goes, "be care what you ask for, you just might get it."

Be safe out there folks.

edit on 4/19/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Verdict is not even in and we have drive bys. This is not going to end well at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If Chauvin isnā€™t guilty it would be unethical to convict him. I realize Conservativeā€™s are logic based and liberals are more emotion based, but even liberals should be able to understand that if someone isnā€™t guilty they should not be convicted simply because someone might feel bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If Chauvin isnā€™t guilty it would be unethical to convict him. I realize Conservativeā€™s are logic based and liberals are more emotion based, but even liberals should be able to understand that if someone isnā€™t guilty they should not be convicted simply because someone might feel bad.

You'd think so, but in reality what they will think is....

"If Chauvin isn't found guilty then the jury got it wrong.[/]"

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
IN case anyone is curious, as I was, this is what Operation Safety Net is.

The National Guard is part of Operation Safety Net, a coalition of law enforcement agencies in the Twin Cities set up to prevent riots during the Derek Chauvin trial. Since the unrest that has followed the police shooting of Daunte Wright in Brooklyn Center, Operation Safety Net has moved to Phase 3 of its operation, putting the National Guard on guard around the Twin Cities.

www.fox9.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Shooting at the NG, how cute.

Not the brightest of people turn to a life of crime, said some radio DJ in FL back in the 90's. Yeah Nancy, they got dumber, though.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

How is shooting at national guard not the equivalent to hostile enemies attacking America.?

The national guard is literally, America's guard, attacking them is essentially attacking America.
edit on 19/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sounds like a seditious traitor is calling for insurrection.

Hope they mend well. Physically and mentally.

My heart to their families and all LEOs/military that try to protect this country and their communities.

From itself.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

How is shooting at national guard not the equivalent to hostile enemies attacking America.

If that's a question, which I think it is, then I'm honestly confused as to why you asked me that.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

How is shooting at national guard not the equivalent to hostile enemies attacking America.

If that's a question, which I think it is, then I'm honestly confused as to why you asked me that.

It's a rhetorical question, not literally asking for an answer. Sort of a Captain Obvious comment, except with palpable incredulity.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

yeah I get that. I just wasn't sure why it was directed at me.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

One would have to either really hate this country (i hope they would seek a new home country at that point...), or be totally deranged to open fire on your own military members who are there to deter/quell violent provocateurs

What a sad state of affairs we are currently witnessing SMH

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Not you particularly, it was more like Nyiah says, rhetorical in response to that excerpt you posted. I could have responded to the op, but reading it again the second time in your quote really just kinda sunk it in, so i responded to you.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Kind of sad how it is going, if they do convict him of murder, lots of cops will possibly decide they do not want that job anymore since it sets precedence. If they agree on the lightest charge or say he is not guilty, the cops will have their hands full of chaos...either way it is a no win for society.

If I was a cop I would say screw it and quit....why should they have to put up with the crap society is throwing on them, let the people defend themselves, hopefully people are smart enough to have guns and ammo to protect themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

The national guard is literally, America's guard, attacking them is essentially attacking America.

The saddest part is that if they decide to go the violent route, they actually think they can win.

The leadership on the left has brainwashed these folks into believing they're insulated from consequence. Perhaps the "safe spaces" campaign was a part of that brainwashing.šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I think the saddest part is that everyone believes it's inevitable at this point, pretty much because of the media, and because of this belief it is now pretty much inevitable more people will be hurt and killed, more property will be destroyed, more suffering and misery will occur because the media has decided to play up the unfortunate event of a cop killing a repeat offender drug dealer who happened to be caught on camera.

The violence that's likely to occur will solve nothing for the social problems that lead to situations like this incident with Floyd. Cops aren't the problem, though the way they react is part of it and exacerbates it, it's the lifestyle being lived by the people caught up in these situations, the social conditions that lead poor desperate urban youth to lead lives of crime and the increasing militarization of gangs and police as a response to gangs.

it's not a problem that can be solved through blind destruction or hatred. It can't be solved by lashing out at the people you've been told are responsible for these problems. Because the problem is fundamentally a cultural and societal one that's encouraged then the blame for the problem is pushed onto others. There's no real efforts being made to solve the root of these problems that bring these young people into conflicts with police that may or may not leave them dead.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Very well said.šŸ‘

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm sure it was mostly peaceful shooting attempt, like the fires and looting.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Narcissism/virtuesignaling is now vogue!

Sadly this is what our future reality is. Social media is cancer!

This is our future!!! lulz

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Apparently the Judge in this case informed the defense that they may have an appeal coming to overturn because of Waters incitements.

Even so, the judge remarked that the jury has been instructed and the court presumes they will follow those instructions.

Oh, and he said a congresswoman's opinion doesn't matter a whole lot.....šŸ¤”

He's a bit naive in that thinking IMO.

She may have sunk the entire thing for her followers and inadvertently, or purposely, sowed the seeds for a REAL insurrection.

edit on 4/19/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join