It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sol 3060 MARS CURIOSTY ANOMALIES March 2021

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Pouring over this NASA panoramic I am finding some pretty odd structures. I mean, it's Mars, comparing objects may appear to simply be pareidolia. But these are pretty solidly something! First, a pair of identical, side by side, structures. They are to the left of the rover.
Note: the perfectly round portions, with a pointed object at the back of each.
edit on 19-4-2021 by MayRenee because: Add info.

edit on 19-4-2021 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Next in the distance straight ahead of the rover on a mountain ridge.

The structure on the right
And the left, this one is like liquid shooting out of a structure

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

I got all excited by the title.

Feel let down now.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Your first image looked exciting, but after a search I found a video I could zoom in on.

It looks like the twin structure is a camera glitch. The one on the left is ghosted in respect to the other. It is like a double exposure.

Here's the source 360° video.
www.360cities.net...

edit on 19-4-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thanks for stopping by.

originally posted by: Moohide

I got all excited by the title.

Feel let down now.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yes, that is the video I did my screenshots from. Did NASA say it is a camera glitch? Where did you get that information? I want to log it, because I'm still proud of my find, even if what I have found is a documented camera glitch on Mars.

originally posted by: Encia22

Your first image looked exciting, but after a search I found a video I could zoom in on.

It looks like the twin structure is a camera glitch. The structure to the left is more blurred than the other.

www.360cities.net...

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

It looks like the twin structure is a camera glitch. The structure to the left is more blurred than the other.

This is probably a stupid question since it's from a video, but it was my first thought so I'll say it anyways....

Could it be some sort of error/flaw from their stitching program?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I wasn't putting down your research. It's great that you are searching. I only said camera glitch for want of a better technical explanation. However, zooming makes it clear to me that something is not right... I wish it had been a twin structure.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I think that's probably right.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee
Yes, that is the video I did my screenshots from. Did NASA say it is a camera glitch? Where did you get that information? I want to log it, because I'm still proud of my find, even if what I have found is a documented camera glitch on Mars.

It's still an interesting find nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thats fine. I still think it is cool. a reply to: Encia22

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Pouring over this NASA panoramic I am finding some pretty odd structures. I mean, it's Mars, comparing objects may appear to simply be pareidolia. But these are pretty solidly something! First, a pair of identical, side by side, structures.
Why are you looking at and posting such extremely poor quality images when there is much better imagery available? They don't look identical even in your poor quality image, but you can see in the higher quality image that your pareidolia of identical structures completely disappears:

That's a cropped image to display better on ATS limited width display area, but the links to the uncropped images are here:

Curiosity Sol3060 Images Link

www.360cities.net...

The 360 degree video is made by stitching smaller images together so it's a really bad idea to look for anomalies in the 360 degree video which is subject to stitching errors. You could look at it as a starting point, then go to the individual images to get away from the stitching errors, but as you can see the individual images look quite a bit different than the panorama and the individual images are more accurate for anomaly analysis.

edit on 2021419 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I think that's probably right.

I didn't see your link the first time, but now I think I get it....

It's not a true video. It's just a video created from many individual images.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well let's see, I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm not an expert? Maybe it's because like I said, it's some pictures that came up in my Facebook feed . I never claimed to be an expert , I'm absolutely not . I am a curious person who blew up some pictures and saw some weird #. Since I come to a weird website , I thought it'd be interesting to post said weird # . reply to: BrokenCircles

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Mods, you can remove my thread. It's not good enough to be here, it sucks, I suck for posting it, I should be strung up by my toenails and all my blood drained.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Mods, you can remove my thread. It's not good enough to be here, it sucks, I suck for posting it, I should be strung up by my toenails and all my blood drained.

I enjoyed the post and the pictures I would not have seen them had you not post even if the double was not an oddity itself.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That was a great pick up, wouldn’t have noticed it myself
Unfortunately just a simple camera glitch but well spotted

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I thought the 4th pic was very odd, it's probably a glitch too.

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I enjoyed the post and the pictures I would not have seen them had you not post even if the double was not an oddity itself.

edit on 19-4-2021 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

There's a large portion of the population that simply can't see things in any images. Moon anomalies or Mars anomalies, they just can't see them. Other people can clearly see them. I found what looks like a discarded electric motor in a curiosity image.

When I posted that long ago many people said it's just a rock.

I see the anomalies your images. Great catch..

PS those who just can't see anything will say that those who can are mistaken and ignorant. They will use every excuse and ridicule available to protect themselves.

Regardless of what your images represent, anomalies or not, there are many images of Mars terrain with things in them that are officially not there or of things not supposed to be there.
edit on 19-4-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
NASA's idea is to make us believe Mars is a totally boring planet.

NASA's second idea is to convince us that is ok to take Mars because nobody's there.

Mars colonies will be the biggest business in mankind history.

Mars colonies will be the cause of the biggest war in mankind history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join