It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cult of Opus Dei

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ok, I need a little help here. Opus Dei is a catholic cult based mainly in europe, but that is all i know. if i remember correctly they have an air of mystery about them, which the Vat is not too happy about

if anyone here knows about this group could they please post? i would be very grateful indeed!

fanx

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
They are against abortion, Homosexuality...
They even want to come back to the office in latin !

I dont like them like I dont like extremists muslims and orthodox jews.

This is the opeisdei official website :

www.opusdei.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
thanks very much. this will make for interesting reading!

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Checked out the website. Doesn't seem to be anything sinister.

80,000 members world wide.

"In order to join Opus Dei a person must freely ask to do so, in the personal conviction, as stated previously, of having received this divine vocation; and the request needs to have been accepted by the authorities of the prelature."

seems to be mainly for mission work.
I do think trying to force your religious beliefs on someone is wrong but this doesnt make them an evil cult.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
in 'Flicker' by Theodore Roszak they mention the 'oculus dei'....anyone have a clue if there is a similarity? please, if you have any insights, do share.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The Opus-Dei is a european extremist branch of catholic church.

They are against abortion, Homosexuality...
They even want to come back to the office in latin !

Isn't the mainstream catholic church also against both?
I don't see any homosexuals being ordained as priests
and the present pope does condemn abortion.
In this respect Opus Dei is no different or more extreme.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yogibear
I don't see any homosexuals being ordained as priests

Excuse me!?! Where have you been for the past year?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Greetings.

Let me tell you that I am Spanish, like the founder of the Opus Dei, Jos� Mar�a Escriv� de Balaguer, and I know something about this order, which belongs to the Roman Catholic Church.

The structure of the "Work of God" (Opus Dei) is quite open but the importance of it is not only the strong indoctrination in a very traditionalist way of Catholicism but also the "group feeling" of this order. Told another way: there is a strong traffic of influence among those who belong to the "Work".

The summit, to the date, of the influence of this order was in Spain from the late 1960�s to middle 1970�s, when the members of it were a large part of the bureaucratic apparattus of the dictatorial regime of General Franco (in fact they displaced the older movement of Falange, a Fascist party-labor union that appeared from melting several right-wing and fascist movements during the Spanish Civil War).

Nowadays several "aparatchiks" of the Spanish government are members of the Opus Dei, as they are descendants and kin to former aparatchiks of the dictatorship too (this comes when you have a peaceful transition from tiranny to so-called-democracy). Their role in regressive politics in Spain is very serious and even dangerous.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Opus Dei is a kind of corporate and financial �backbone� of Roman Catholic Church. It is very influential organization tightly connected with banks and corporations. They have full control over the Spain Government, and their members manage Vatican and church financial resources.

Check their position on this map (property of French Tangential University) utangente.free.fr...

There are also a lot of Opus Dei resources on �unofficial website�

However � nobody knows who is really bad � Opus Dei supports silent revolution inside of the church and their work is criticized by some groups inside of the church as Pope is extremely controversial person for strict doctrine oriented (read � taking more from the conflicts rather than from peace) groups.

The ANTICHRIST is he Karol Wojtyla? AKA: Pope John Paul II - Opus Dei members are his bodyguards and all their religion related games are just a dust. It is a simple business in very complicated industry.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Some say they're the Vatican Mafia.

new topics

top topics

join