It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what's up with the crypto currency market?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarone
It's crypto this is nothing unusual. Load up while coins are on sale, put your assets on a digital hardware wallet such as a Ledger Nano so you're not tempted to trade at a loss. If prices drop further, buy more and average down.

I'm only buying ETH at the moment, but last year I bought 20k XRP for 15p each, put them on my Ledger and forgot about them. They were trading at around £1.35 last week.

Thanks, one of the reasons I posted about crypto, gives me tons of info to research. That's great to hear

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Bitcoin goes up after the halving. When Bitcoin goes up all the other coins go up except for dead coins. I expected Bitcoin to go to $100,000 this time. It has went up to over $63,000 already. It's possible that Bitcoin peaked prematurely. I'm betting it will go at least till the end of summer. Or could peak during Christmas Holidays.

Bitcoin is a good place to park 6% of your investment money in case we have massive inflation. It isn't insured so use maximum security.
edit on 19-4-2021 by Doctor Smith because: added

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
im using this dip as buying opportunity. buying a little now and gonna see what the market does.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I'm sure I'll be looking to add as well, what's weird is it seems to rally a bit, then it gets day time in Asia and it gets hammered back or is that too simplistic

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The article goes on to discuss the digital yuan, any crypto veterans out there does this matter?

Our focus, again, is that we want to establish a very solid domestic e-yuan first and build up a healthy ecosystem, at the same time working with our international partners. Hopefully, in the long term, we’ll have a cross-border solution as well.

news.bitcoin.com/china-calls-bitcoin-and-stablecoins-investment-alternatives-for-the-first-time-since-crypto-crackdown/?utm_source=OneSignalPush& utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=PushNotifications

After the well-known crypto crackdown launched by the Chinese government four years ago, it seems there is now a change in the tone from the country’s central bank. At least that’s what has been suggested recently by the deputy governor of the People’s Bank of China (PBoC).

Central Bank Clarifies Its Regulatory Framework on Cryptos Will Remain Unchanged
During a panel hosted by CNBC at the Boao Forum for Asia, Li Bo is now naming bitcoin (BTC) with the “investment alternative” term for the first time since the crackdown. However, he made some clarifications on the meaning of his stance towards cryptocurrencies:

We regard Bitcoin and stablecoin as crypto-assets. These are investment alternatives. They are not a currency per se. And so, the main role we see for crypto assets going forward, the main role is investment alternative.

Such a statement implies an unprecedented change in Beijing’s tone on cryptos, even with experts quoted by CNBC considering these comments as “progressive,” as the country is also paving the way for the forthcoming digital yuan.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I'm going to start out by just copying a previous post of mine:

First, if you don't know anything about crypto wallets or whatever, go the safe route and buy from large established exchanges like Coinbase or Kraken. These store your coins for you. You just buy and let them worry about the storage. Coinbase and Kraken are both safe and trusted.
Now, coins. The BIG one I would recommend paying attention to is Ethereum (ETH). Ethereum isn't just a cryptocurrency, it's actually an entire huge technology that is actively being used. Not only that, but major corporations such as Microsoft, JP Morgan Chase, AMD, Intel, FedEx etc etc - too many to list - are all working together as part of the "Enterprise Ethereum Alliance" to develop it. Investing in Ethereum right now is essentially like going back in time and investing in Microsoft or Apple. If anything, get into Ethereum.
Another one I might recommend looking into is AAVE, which is currently up over 72,000% over the past 6 months. No, that's not a typo. AAVE was about $0.51 in October and it's now $375. AAVE powers a borrowing/lending platform that is available to anyone. You can deposit money into it to provide liquidity and earn passive income, or lend cryptocurrencies out for varying rates of interest. You can check out its websites HERE and HERE.

Anyway, in summary: Pick either Coinbase or Kraken and buy as much Ethereum as you're comfortable spending. Sit on it for a few years and you'll be extremely happy. 6 years ago ETH was $0.51. Right now it's over $1,800. $1,000 of ETH back then would have netted you about $3.6 million today. Also, whatever you buy - sit on it. Never panic sell.

The point is, invest in the cryptocurrencies that are associated with promising technologies. XRP, for example, could potentially replace the SWIFT global payment system.

My questions are: (1) think is it too late to get into doge a little bit tomorrow or wait for the "dip - crash" ? or no all together in your opinion? (2) If you buy a crypto at a certain price, and the price drops below that...everyone says just hold, but don't you lose all your money? and (3) sadly, a big chunk of my accounts have been in MARA, only this time it has not recovered yet. Do you think it will recover soon or at all? getting nervous here...

Thanks for any advice!!

edit: what is a good place to buy XRP on? so many to pick from and I am new to the crypto market and don't even have any yet since I am not confident on where to get started at.
edit on 19-4-2021 by TruthJava because: added note

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

I think you should study the Bitcoin Charts and the halvings before you do anything. Usually when a Crypto like Doge goes up it is sure to crash.

You want to get in when the coins are in a low part of their cycles. And because Bitcoin is getting so High it will someday slow down and be more stable. The other coins are mostly dead until Bitcoin takes off. What has worked in the past will someday no longer work in the future.

If you are in the USA you want to just buy and hold. Do not trade because you have to pay capital gains Every trade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join