It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottle Collecting Mystery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

Not sure if it's true where you are, but my grandmother used to dig all over. She said that when an outhouse was getting full, here in MI, then they would throw their old trash, including glass bottles in it, before they buried it.

She had found old teacups, bottles and pottery. Kinda gross to think about though.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here is something that may be helpful, actually don't know why I didn't think to look into this before.

Prohibition in the United States was a nationwide constitutional ban on the production, importation, transportation, and sale of alcoholic beverages from 1920 to 1933.

WiKi LINK

I didn't know it started back in 1920, I thought it was a little later.

This Crystal Glass Company in Los Angeles was in business from 1921 to 1928. They began business in the first year of prohibition and went under five years before it ended. So the bottle couldn't have been for an alcoholic beverage if the product it contained was produced for sale in the U.S. at this time.

Even though I couldn't find it yet, it is possible that Imperial actually got started during prohibition and it's trade mark was registered with some other agency or organization other than the federal government. There was a void to fill with NA beverages at the time and maybe Imperial was trying to capitalize on that. Then once prohibition was over they became officially "established" with the switch over to alcoholic beverages.

That is the theory I'm going with until I get some solid verification.
edit on 19-4-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

<< 1   >>

join