It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ATS Valorant players around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Millennial Valorant player here! Probably older than 90 percent of the player base and yes I have noticed I cant keep up with them youngins. Does anyone think playing games is kind of like playing professional sports and that the prime is when your younger? I keep fighting that narrative but honestly I feel like my reflexes cant keep up with them 15 year old's or have you gotten better over time due to experience? I started PC gaming in the late 2000's and stopped when life got hectic but I am back at it with more time available but I cant seem to get my old form back. Does reflexes when it comes to gaming degrade over time like an NBA player that loses athleticism?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Forgot to mention it would be cool to get a lobby formed from ats members. Old timers gang unite! But I am expecting no responses from this
Just wanna throw it out there in case there is even 1 other player here by chance.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was playing games long before you were born.
And I still pound the young'uns into oblivion.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
haha thanks for responding but I will say if its a game not purely based on reflexes like first person shooters I can keep up but when its a game like counter strike valorant or Cod I just seem a little slower than when I was younger. Sir I think I just need to step my game up.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: s1nGuL4r1ty
haha thanks for responding but I will say if its a game not purely based on reflexes like first person shooters I can keep up but when its a game like counter strike valorant or Cod I just seem a little slower than when I was younger. Sir I think I just need to step my game up.

Practice.
Have someone take a ruler .
Hold your hand with the thumb and forefinger ready under the ruler .
Have them drop at random times and you try to catch between thumb an fore finger .
Measure the success .
Profit.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: s1nGuL4r1ty

Younger gamers often lack in the intelligence department and reflexes can be somewhat overrated. The games your playing make a difference though. Speed and reflexes are more important on say cod Vs battlefield.

I just recently did a legendary playthrough with the Halo series and this question has been on my mind, I was faster 15 years ago but I was a lot dumber too... I found it easy so my game has improved.

When it comes to the likes of world of warships, civilization type games or games where reflexes are negligible I tend to kick ass. I used to play a game called ark too, that's a great game to showcase what I'm getting at. Knowledge and experience most often trumps raw skill on it.

The thing that always brings me giggles, especially with the youth is the fact that they're often learning their stuff from YouTube videos. Reminds me of the days I used to kill everything on cod with LMG's or own the goons on the first WWII cod who ran around with drum magazined mp40's. I used to use single shot rifles with a bayonet. Good times.

It helps to diversify what you play too, PvP isn't always the best to get a bit practice in. That said some of the best PvP players I've played with were PvE players, the kind that played GTA on passive mode for instance. They just needed the confidence to go forth and kick ass.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I used to play PGA golf 2008 with a guy who drilled stuff to his controller so he could always get perfect straight power shots. He was damn good but he obviously couldn't curl the balls.

Control and finesse is an acquired skill that needs to be worked on... I like throwing things in the air and catching them as they fall. Little things like that do improve your gaming skills.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I've never understood why people like Valorant more than CS:GO. What am I missing here?

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Valorant adds another layer of tactics on top of very similar shooting mechanics from CS:GO, every agent has 4 abilities that can change the way the round is played. Its a really cool game you should really check it out. If you have god CS:GO aim then you will transition really smoothly and will be already better than 60% of the player base. Just pretend your playing CSGO but with special abilities. Adds so many more ways to defuse, plant, defend and attack etc. The complexity of the team makeup and the tactics involved compared to CS is huge.

new topics

top topics

join