It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario is Officially USSR

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Akragon

That’s so crazy.
You would think it was a damn summer vacation here in Tbay today.
Stuck in idiot bumper to bumper traffic trying to get a tims coffee earlier.
First day above 10 c here and everyone’s out and about.

don't you mean oot and aboot?

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Police services and some mayors are really pushing back on this. I doubt you'll see much enforcement of those crazy policies.

Hopefully it will oust Ford in your next election.

I saw someone said Ford was showing his "liberal" colours, but in truth, all political parties in Canada are "liberal" really. He just happens to be way out of his depth I think.

One thing I haven't seen is other politicians speaking out about this, even though most of them know what our civil rights are and would be opposed to this.

Our civil liberties watchdog is speaking out in a big way, and that usually curbs these kinds of power grabs, so hopefully this will be DOA.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Police services and some mayors are really pushing back on this. I doubt you'll see much enforcement of those crazy policies.

Hopefully it will oust Ford in your next election.

I saw someone said Ford was showing his "liberal" colours, but in truth, all political parties in Canada are "liberal" really. He just happens to be way out of his depth I think.

One thing I haven't seen is other politicians speaking out about this, even though most of them know what our civil rights are and would be opposed to this.

Our civil liberties watchdog is speaking out in a big way, and that usually curbs these kinds of power grabs, so hopefully this will be DOA.

Yea, it's encouraging that our Privacy Commisioner is speaking out.

Kind of late after they've implemented the policy though.

I'll take a wait and see approach, zero trust for these maggots.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I wouldn't be shocked if they hid it somehow and he's only seeing the new laws as they were pushed through.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I wouldn't be shocked if they hid it somehow and he's only seeing the new laws as they were pushed through.

Agreed.

Seems like they were blindsided.

Once they have these types of powers they don't like giving them up, that's for sure. Maybe we'll even see a court case soon...

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I feel like there's just no way Ontario becomes this crazy police state, even for 6 weeks, when here in other provinces our only real, enforced Covid restrictions are wearing masks in businesses, etc.

It just has no way of standing. People like to make fun of Canadians for having no backbone, but most of the population will only go along to get along if they see actual merit in a policy. This is definitely beyond what a majority of Canadians would be comfortable with.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I feel like there's just no way Ontario becomes this crazy police state, even for 6 weeks, when here in other provinces our only real, enforced Covid restrictions are wearing masks in businesses, etc.

It just has no way of standing. People like to make fun of Canadians for having no backbone, but most of the population will only go along to get along if they see actual merit in a policy. This is definitely beyond what a majority of Canadians would be comfortable with.

I wasn't comfortable with any of their restrictions. They are ALL unconstitutional.

Canadian's are already fully indoctrinated into this mess.

Many of us have been trying to warn people about sh!t like this, and that it was coming. Well, here it is...

Now that it's here, your retort is that "Canadians won't be comfortable with that"?

They DGAF what you or I are "comfortable" with.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Our police service in Thunder Bay released a statement saying they won’t enforce it.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

They're all ready reconsidering.

Link

TORONTO — The Canadian Press has learned that the Ontario government is expected to backtrack on new police powers to enforce anti-pandemic measures.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Good for them. I wouldn't trust any police service not publicly or privately questioning this.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I don't wont to hate on anyone if they haven't done anything yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

They're all ready reconsidering.

Link

TORONTO — The Canadian Press has learned that the Ontario government is expected to backtrack on new police powers to enforce anti-pandemic measures.

I really hope they do.

I still have no confidence in them. Even if they do backtrack, they were still willing to try this to see how it went...

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Is the point whether they'll enforce it or not?

Or is the bigger point the fact that they are quite willing to create "laws" that aren't Laws at all.

It was completely unconstitutional from the start.

Ontario gives the Police the right? WTF does that mean?

Ontario doesn't give OR take rights, period.

I wish people would realilze this...

Even if they backtrack, everyone was pretty much fine with it..."as long as they don't enforce it"...

Let's give it another year, see where were at. Maybe I'm wrong and we'll all be back to the old normal. Or maybe cops will be stopping us just because they feel like it...

Not mad at you, just the system.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join