It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Review of Gun Control in History

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm curious how others view this issue...

Those who do not remember (or know) history are doomed to repeat. The second amendment (and all it means to freedom) is the last hope - not only of our nation, but every nation. If we allow "them" to have our guns, the following is our doom:

1911 - Turkey est. Gun Control. 1915-17 1.5 million Armenians were murdered

1929 - Soviet Union est. Gun Control. 1929-53 20 million dissidents were killed.

1935 - China est. Gun Control. 1948-52 20 million citizens were killed.

1938 - Germany est. Gun Control. 1939-45 they killed millions of Jews and other Europeans.

1964 - Guatemala est. Gun Control. 1964-81 100,000 Mayan Indians rounded up and killed.

1970 - Uganda est. Gun Control. 1971-79 300,000 Christians were killed.

1956 - Cambodia est. Gun Control. 1975-77 1 million people were exterminated.

1979 - Rwanda est. Gun Control. 1994 800,000 people killed in 100 days.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AnthonyMD

Cambodia est. Gun Control. 1975-77 1 million people were exterminated.

I know someone who lived through this and escaped with his family. Probably one of the few people I've met i can genuinely say I'd consider a true hero.
edit on 16/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Growing up we had close family friends who escaped Germany as children. I never understood their background until after we moved away and lost contact over the years.

There are countless people with such life stories. We need their spirit of freedom now more than ever.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
shouldn't your history also include all the times gun control didn't have any correlation to mass murder?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have little to add, other than a belief that firearms are nothing but an evolution of ranged weapons. In history, the outlawing of stone throwing, bow and arrow, spear...ranged weapons in general would be a near linear comparison. You can go just a touch farther and include melee weapons as well under the guise of "defense".

This whole discussion is based in natural law. That is the basis for a majority of our bill of rights...natural law.

So while the discussion may center around guns...keep in mind that a hallmark of the human is the ballistic weapon. That is a unique adaptation humans have made throughout history for hunting and defense. Beneath that is weaponry in general being a uniquely human adaptation. We were not born with claws, sharp teeth, or really strong muscles. We were born with a brain that uses tools. To use tools for self defense is the essence of being human.

So the English banning swords for commoners. The Catholic church banning the crossbow....all examples of this natural law being trampled.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The goal is complete control. You notice Harris has went over 3 weeks without doing anything about the border, but as soon as this happened, she had a statement about gun control.

FoxLiveBlogTeam
REPORTER
56 minutes ago
Vice President Kamala Harris is speaking out about the shooting:

“Yet again we have families in America that are grieving the loss of their family members because of gun violence,” she told reporters Friday. “There is no question this violence must end and we are thinking of the families that lost their loved ones. And the president will speak later about the case.”

I have made this statement and asked this question several times, but none of our anti gun advocates can't/won't answer.

I have a concealed carry license in the state of Illinois. One of the states with very strict gun laws. I have proven over and over and over that I am a law abiding citizen and a responsible gun owner. Why are they trying to punish me for the actions of a lunatic ?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

what you need to ask yourself is why they use the weasel words "gun violence" instead of just "violence"? Does one find it more horrible to be shot than to be bludgeoned or burned with battery acid?

By adding the word "gun" to the phrase, you take the focus off of "violence". Which, if we are being honest, is the issue. Everyone knows it. I have never shot anyone at 48 years. But i am not a violent man. So "gun" is not an issue...."violence" is.

If we don't call bull# on the weasel words, and refuse to participate in a discussion that uses them, then we continue to jump into that pigeon hole, and have a useless debate on their terms.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
shouldn't your history also include all the times gun control didn't have any correlation to mass murder?

Why do you call it "Mass Murder"? It was actually people coming into power and eliminating those who had opposing political and social desires.

Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer would have zero remorse, if everyone who owned an evil black gun, was suddenly no longer breathing. Wouldn't miss us at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnthonyMD

1911 - Turkey est. Gun Control. 1915-17 1.5 million Armenians were murdered

Don't buy the propaganda on this. While the Turkish Government did kill a large number of Armenians for siding with the Czar, most of the missing numbers of Armenians were people who fled the country after Turkey started their round up. Many of those Armenians came to the US. Those numbers of people that fled are counted amongst the dead for certain reasons. Then you have all the Armenians and Turks that died during the Spanish Influenza outbre4ak that gets over looked to.

Then when you look at the so-called mass graves, what they don't tell you is that many of them are centuries old cemeteries. So while the Turkish Government is by no means innocent of any crimes, the Armenians have taken every opportunity to inflate their claims ever since the Second World War.

As to the Turkish Gun Grab back then, it was an attempt to stop the Russian Czar from forcing a Civil War in Turkey to try and destabilize the region. The Czar wanted to control all sides of the Black Sea, and not just the northern portion of it. So while also not excusable, the Armenians seem to leave out the part of what they were trying to do at the time.

All the other facts you presented should be noted loudly as a warning. Something else that needs mentioning about this. James Madison (yes that Founding Fathers Guy) said in the Federalist Papers that the purpose of the Second Amendment wasn't just to allow the people of this country to protect life and property, but also as a warning to those elected into office, that it was the people that have the final word on what the government does and not the select few. This fact seems to have created a sense of fear amongst those politicians today that desire to enslave and undermine this country.

Funny how that works huh?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

Why do you call it "Mass Murder"? It was actually people coming into power and eliminating those who had opposing political and social desires.

Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer would have zero remorse, if everyone who owned an evil black gun, was suddenly no longer breathing. Wouldn't miss us at all.

please show some respect for the OP and stop clowning with such a silly assertion.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I have little to add, other than a belief that firearms are nothing but an evolution of ranged weapons. In history, the outlawing of stone throwing, bow and arrow, spear...ranged weapons in general would be a near linear comparison. You can go just a touch farther and include melee weapons as well under the guise of "defense".

This whole discussion is based in natural law. That is the basis for a majority of our bill of rights...natural law.

So while the discussion may center around guns...keep in mind that a hallmark of the human is the ballistic weapon. That is a unique adaptation humans have made throughout history for hunting and defense. Beneath that is weaponry in general being a uniquely human adaptation. We were not born with claws, sharp teeth, or really strong muscles. We were born with a brain that uses tools. To use tools for self defense is the essence of being human.

So the English banning swords for commoners. The Catholic church banning the crossbow....all examples of this natural law being trampled.

It's refreshing to read stuff like this, but it is sad seeing our natural laws eroding away.

Great post.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Has that ever happened?

Some people make their way through life attacking and stealing from people who follow the rules.

Changing the rules so that only criminals own weapons just doesn't make sense.
You can defy logic all you want (until they come after the 1st), but you can't explain why more laws against breaking the law are a good idea.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Why are they trying to punish me for the actions of a lunatic ?

Because they have to, its the only way to push their agenda.

Removing concessions is the first step towards a complete ban.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

um... yes? there are a lot of countries with very strict gun rules and no mass murder correlated with that.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Agreed. Looking back I wasn't entirely clear on my point. The point is not so much "gun control" as it is the erosion of our rights. We have lost the First Amendment. Next in line is the Second. However, if we lose the Second, it's a fast downhill slide in losing the rest. The Second Amendment is, as stated above, not about guns as much as it is about keeping the government in line and preventing the very overreach that is so rampant right now.

Hmmm, maybe we should all have tanks in our driveways.... (an attempt at lightening the mood here)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Which countries would that be? State them, then lets do a one to one compare with the major countries we are referring to here, namely, the size of THIS country and the influence it has around the world.

If a government is true to the welfare of it's citizens, there is little need for guns. However, when you have a tyrannical government, then it is of the utmost importance for the citizenry to be able to defend itself against such tyranny.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

UK, put restrictions up in 97 and I still see that gun violence is still an issue. In fact quite a bit of that moved to knife violence, hence the knife bans. Australia same timeframe, and yet to this day we still have shootings and other types of attacks that impact multiple people.

You remove one weapon, someone finds a new one. You will never stop people killing people, even if you make it more difficult to do so, it will still happen. It doesn't even have to be a governmental genocide, people kill people, always have and always will. Making it harder for law abiding people to obtain means of defense just shows the government does not give a crap about the people they are supposed to be representing.

I just gave two, turns out people still get killed like crazy. Hmmm...maybe it's a human issue and not a weapon issue.
edit on 4/16/21 by Hypntick because: Additional reply

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The Founding Fathers would have agreed with the tanks if they had them. They believe that the American Citizen should be able to own any firearm used by any military in the world, how else would one defend against an army if one is less capable then those they are fighting?

Red Flag Laws were pushed out because they sound like they mean well, but in subtext violate most of the first ten. Which oddly is a direct violation of the 9th Amendment. Yet many people applaud those RFL because they harmlessly save lives. In reality the RFL were nothing but a gateway drug for lawmakers to impose more draconian laws on us.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnthonyMD
a reply to: kyleplatinum

The Second Amendment is, as stated above, not about guns as much as it is about keeping the government in line and preventing the very overreach that is so rampant right now.

Hmmm, maybe we should all have tanks in our driveways.... (an attempt at lightening the mood here)

This is correct.

We may not have tanks, but sure have a lot more guns than the ol' days.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I just gave two, turns out people still get killed like crazy. Hmmm...maybe it's a human issue and not a weapon issue.

Ban people. You can't have violence without people

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join