It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready for higher grocery bills for the rest of the year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   
NBC news article on higher grocery prices

www.nbcnews.com...

Economists say costs from rising gas prices, a spike in commodity prices, increased imports by China, heavy Midwest crop damage and other factors are all getting passed on to retail consumers.

"Supply chains are largely inefficient at this time," said Isaac Olvera, agricultural economist for ArrowStream, a supply chain management software company. "We're still dealing with fallout from the pandemic."

I think a lot of us noticed this months ago...

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yes, but it's what people voted for.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

But the "all powerful" puppet Fed Chair Jerome Powell won't change his tune and they're "willing to let the economy run hotter" smh

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I suppose the argument for voting that way could be that we haven't seen any mean tweets

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I won't blame all of this on biden as I have said in the past that the shutdown will be much more harmful long term than the pandemic.

That being said, trump would be much better suited to handle the recovery than the current fools.

Biden/Harris will just did a much deeper hole.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Gas prices going way up contributes dramatically.
Thanks, Joe.
edit on 16-4-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
About a century and a half ago in much of the world profiteering off of a crisis was enough to get you hanged.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I'm pretty certain that nobody actually voted for crops to be damaged by extremely weather events and the rest of the stuff happened under Trump's presidency Biden hasn't been in office for long enough to have a substantive effect.

It won't be Biden ecomony till maybe 2023. Same as it was still Obama economy till two years in to Trump's administration.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Good.

Then the people will scream for Trump again.

Biden is already off to a bad start with our Country and has projected Weakness to the world. Now the American people will suffer high food and gas prices.

Ah well, I voted Trump.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Good.

Ah well, I voted Trump.

Yeah. Me too.
This s#!t is on the Dems.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I'm pretty certain that nobody actually voted for crops to be damaged by extremely weather events and the rest of the stuff happened under Trump's presidency Biden hasn't been in office for long enough to have a substantive effect.

It won't be Biden ecomony till maybe 2023. Same as it was still Obama economy till two years in to Trump's administration.

I've owned and ran an employment agency for 17 years and I can tell you without hesitation that it doesn't take two years for a president to change the economy. That might have been true fifty years ago but in today's business world it's the quick and the dead.

Employment and expansions were booming under trump until the pandemic hit and that was caused by the state's shutting down. Manufacturing didn't take a huge hit like the service industry.

As soon as biden started signing orders many of my clients halted hiring full time employees and started looking for temps.

High material prices.
Long delays on materials.
Shipping container and truck shortages.
Rising fuel prices.
Unease about the president and his soon to be replacement.

It's all adding up.
Not all on biden either but he's adding to the problems.
Business owners are very nervous.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
About a century and a half ago in much of the world profiteering off of a crisis was enough to get you hanged.

Now it is standard operating procedure for liberals and progressives.
It is how they got in power and how they plan to get complete and total power in perpetuity.

Remember their slogan "Never let a good crises go to waste."

Anything Biden supporters do is wonderful. Get used to it. The new, improved, Supreme Court will back them up and disagreeing with them will be illegal.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

People voted for higher gas prices. Biden promised that when he was running for office, it was part of the new green deal. The moment he used his pen less than a month in office destroying US energy independence with his promised reversal of the policies that caused energy independence gas prices went soaring. Immediately raising prices on all goods. This took less than 2 months in office to accomplish.

People voted for higher unemployment when they voted for Biden as he promised and delivered with a stroke of the pen in the first month the end of gas pipelines which unemployed thousands directly and immediately and then unemployed the supporting workforce. Making Canada really angry. So creating animosity with our nearest country. It's what Dems voted for because Biden was quite open about doing this. This took less than 2 months for the will of the people to be enacted by Biden.

People voted for an influx of migrants that will go unchecked for criminality at the border and 20,000 unaccompanied minor migrants edition.cnn.com... the US will now have to educate/house/raise the migrants to be good Democrats with paid for by you and me. Biden promised an open border and we now have it. It's what people voted for. I have a friend who lives literally on the border and he said that ICE has quit stopping drug trucks because they don't have the manpower to arrest and detain drug dealers with truck loads of life destroying illegal drugs, because they are too busy taking care of unaccompanied minor migrants.

This is what Biden supporters voted for. No criminal checks on the hundreds of thousands coming over the border and Biden busing them around the nation into US communities. Taking jobs previously held by US citizens and living in hotels paid for by our taxes while citizens live in tents in homeless camps. But this is exactly what Biden supporters voted for as Biden was quite open about doing this.

Yep Biden supporters voted for continued protests like in Minneapolis where the city is being burned and destroyed and the Democratic Party and the sycophantic media calling it a legal protest. Biden supporters did this all summer before Biden was elected, during the summer of love where Seattle, Portland, LA, NYC burned the cities and destroyed businesses. VP Harris actually raised money for their bail. Democratic politicians refused to prosecute people who burned cities and destroyed property. Yes Biden supporters voted for the "legal protests" that burn cities, smashed and destroy businesses because this was going on with the support of VP Harris and the Democrats before Biden was elected.

This is the new nation that Biden supporters voted for and more to come supported by the likes of CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, NY Times, The Atlantic and the rest of the sycophantic media that calls itself journalists. Well, at least the CNN director was honest when he admitted many of their stories were propaganda and made up as was revealed this past week.

It didn't take two years into the next administration to happen either.

People voted to pack the Supreme Court too so that for generations to come all decisions would favor liberalism with a activist court, like Tlaib's (Dem Congresswoman) and the Squad's desire to eliminate police and jails. The Democratic Party was promising to do this before Biden was elected. This may take a few years, but the Democratic Politicians seem pretty determined to make this happen.

People voted to deem the constitution to be not absolute.Biden actually said that in speeches up to 2 years before he was elected, if anyone paid attention. With a political party whose #1 leader believes the constitution not to be absolute the new, improved Supreme Court justices (selected by Biden supporters) believing that, "the people" as you put it, have voted down the constitution itself. This will take more than 2 years I admit, but Democratic Party politicians are heck bent on making this happen.

edit on 4/16/21 by The2Billies because: addition

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I also voted for Trump and believe he won the election.
I consider the White House as being occupied by liars,
cheats and thieves.I also believe that things are going
to get worse,much worse.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

During the last recession when we were still in FL, a $4 gallon of milk was relatively normal. Believe me, I about # myself when we got to MI and started buying groceries, everything was damn near half the price up here.

People forgot those days already and it wasn't THAT long ago. Looks like the ones who complained the loudest, are going to get a self-made Clue-By-4 refresher.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Cost of rope too high.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Well we haven't seen anything. ChinaJoe won't talk to the American people much.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Maybe he isn't allowed to talk to anyone without first hand
knowledge of what's to be discussed?They do have to write
his cheat notes in advance.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If you jack with the fuel prices the cost of everything goes up. Thanks Joey Bidet.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

well he did come in as the "great unifier" with all the answers.

so far we've gotten a border crisis, higher gas prices, more doom and gloom plus higher taxes in the near future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join