It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident Evil 4 coming to Oculus Quest 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So... I've been sayin for a while now since the release of the Quest 2... its a good time to get into VR... especially considering the whole damn world is in lock down... but this might give more incentive

Resident evil is one of the only games that ever actually made me jump on flat screen gaming... and now its coming to the Quest 2!

SO strap on your brown pants, and buckle up!!

This is gonna be sooo sweet!

edit on 15-4-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Holy **** playing RE 1 and 2 as a kid on ps1 with the lights off was scary enough. This is like "interactive scary movie and you're the star" type stuff I could see it being huge. Dang I don't even want to imagine going through a dark house infested with zombies and those things that crawled around...all the sounds in the dark...lol would be nuts

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Right?

RE 7 came out on psvr but i never had a chance to play it... and the resolution is horrible on PS

This will be intense... i can't wait!

And im guessing it will be like $70...

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Too bad oculus made the monumentally terrible decision of making a Facebook account mandatory for use that makes them fairly unappealing.

support.oculus.com...

Still any resident evil in vr would be pretty cool. Though, I think the silent hill games in vr would be even better. That'd be some nightmare inducing #.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

yup... its a requirement

But its the biggest selling system on the market... and the top VR system atm... meeting or exceeding even the top tier sets...

and its only $399... having a FB account is only a minor inconvenience... you don't even have to use it... it just has to be active...

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I hate the Hospital's Barracuda Fire wall..

I'd love to see it(the video, must be rated mature). Buddy just bought an Oculus and a GoPro 360°. Bought somthing called a "Cherry Pie" for a very large game with speakers and projectors

Time for my shot😊
🌟& 🇨🇦's

edit on 15-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: Tired and anxious to use the wizzy bottle

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Omfg!
Playing doom 3 is already a butt cheek clencher.
RE4 should be great!

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I won’t support any Facebook product so you will have to review it for me please.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   
True story. I was playing resident evil 5 in my home( a mother in law) with surround sound and a projector when a cat 4 tornado hit three blocks from me making national news. I thought damn this new download is the #. Sounds like hell. It wasn’t until my out of state family calls me asking if I’m okay I notice a tornado ripped past me... I hope this release does the game justice.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I swore I’d never have a Facebook account....
Then I tried the oculus quest 2 and that immediately changed.

The fb account is still only used for one purpose - to log into oculus.
I’ve never done anything else with it.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I swore I’d never have a Facebook account....
Then I tried the oculus quest 2 and that immediately changed.

The fb account is still only used for one purpose - to log into oculus.
I’ve never done anything else with it.

Sell out “pointing at you Mac”

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

regardless of your thoughts on FB... the quest 2 is worth the inconvenience... You don't even need to use said FB account, it just has to be active... and the experience is well worth it

I've already had 3 of my buddies buy one just from me coming over and letting them try it... workin on a forth... lol

For $399 you get a very high quality VR experience... second to none, and thats just stand alone.... plug it into a powerful PC and you enter a whole other level of VR

You won't be disappointed, Even IF you just giver a test go IF that is possible for you... you will want one

having a FB account is nothing...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So with RE how is this going to work in VR? Will the player have to stop moving to bring up their firearm then slowly turn to line it up, finish shooting and lower their firearm before they are allowed to continue forward as it is in the standard game, or will the developers be including some manner of natural fluidity into the shooting mechanics?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't see why that would happen... i have heard there will be a teleportation option for movement... some people can't deal with full motion...

aside from that we'll have to see when its released

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I know, I know lol.
But dude, if u try it you will see why I gave in.
The oculus 2 is fricken amazing. Lol
But a piece of me did die when I signed up for that crap book.
I have no friends added or anything. I’ve never used it to go on FB. Just as a portal to get into my oculus.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It will probably be similar to Onward.
If so then no issues what so ever.
Even doom 3, Is flawless.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Its called a Quest Damnit!! LOL

technically it would be an Oculus 6

top topics