It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Physical inactivity’ associated with higher COVID-19 risks, study says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Couldn't be a link between this and obesity being a risk factor ... NAAAAHHHH!

So more and more we're uncovering that sitting on your butt doing nothing except expanding your couch real estate might be an issue with COVID. And when it comes to people for whom that is a prime lifestyle, the US ranks right up there in the top in the world.

It was and has been noted that one of the most back assward moves this whole time has been to work so very hard to discourage physical activity by shutting down gyms and sports programs.

People were shut in eating their heads off and gaining the COVID 15 even while they were trying to avoid COVID 19.

A new study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine has found that physical inactivity is linked to worse COVID-19 outcomes.

The study asked 48,440 who had COVID to report their daily exercise. The study found that those who exercised regularly were less likely to have a severe COVID infection and to require hospitalization or ICU admission.

So you have to wonder at what point the government is going to stop trying to "help" us and just let us get back to living our lives again.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'd love to see the high blood pressure stats, or medication use in a year or two.

I work a rather physical job, and used to go to a local gym three times a week. My last check (about a year ago) my doc. told me to 'watch my blood pressure' it was slightly higher than my usual, gee I wonder why.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i switched to free weights and a bike at home when the gyms closed and i'm getting buffer than ever :humblebrag:

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So they needed to do a study to determine that people with a not-so-healthy body...

Are more prone to health issues than people who have a healthy body?

WHERE do I sign up to make money doing a study like this?

There is obviously a market for these types of studies!

I will take the nom de plume "Mistress Obvious" and start making the big bucks!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Local hospital let slip a few weeks ago that something like 70% of their cases were obese people.

Physical activity, sunlight, fresh air are probably some of the best things you can do for this bug.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Local hospital let slip a few weeks ago that something like 70% of their cases were obese people.

Physical activity, sunlight, fresh air are probably some of the best things you can do for this bug.

And grounding.

Just a personal opinion but it does me wonders.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
For what it's worth, ATS, I'll have you know that I bicycle 23 miles every single day in less than one hour and 20 minutes.

I also do 40,60 and 100+ mile rides on the weekends, as time allows.

I quit drinking alcohol over 5 years ago, not a single drop.

I haven't been sick in years, maybe 5.

Yes, staying healthy is important as hell.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just go for a walk, roller blade or yoga once per day. If I don't do some yard work or something.

You have to do a little exercise or your health will decline. Especially as you get older.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: fiverx313

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Size doesn't always have much to do with it.

I've always been built long and thin, but I'm pretty darn fit these days. Four sessions of tae kwon do and one general strength class every week. I'm developing some definition in my abdominals now.
edit on Wed Apr 14 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I often blink and chew at the same time.

I call that "cross-training".

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I often blink and chew at the same time.

I call that "cross-training".

If you are chewing vigorously enough to raise your heart rate ... who am I to judge? It could happen with the right type of toffee.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I figure it's common sense.

I have been doing a mile or 2 walk daily, hard on the feet but needed to be doing something.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'm 6-3 and look like I was chiseled from the roman gods.

More like 5-11, 220, with a slight belly. But I could bench press a dump truck and wrestle a moose with my neck.
Id ideally like to be about 190lbs though.

Yeah, I've been in various martial arts since 5 years old.
I have to admit it's funny watching the huge guys on their first/last jits classes.
...swallowing their pride(some crying involved)when they figure out the gym wasn't where it's at.

My job is usually all the gym time I can handle, but I do other stuff like motocross, wakeboarding, etc...
So, I stay pretty ripped for a 41 yr old.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Edited my comedy out for posterity

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That's a lot of walking dude. Nice!
Check out some Salewa hiking shoes.
Thank me later.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
That's a lot of walking dude. Nice!
Check out some Salewa hiking shoes.
Thank me later.

Thanks! I definitely will!!

I rode my bike more last spring/summer. I like riding, but I do notice more when walking, checking out the cool houses and yards in the area, also see more on the trail.
edit on 14-4-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Nice. You would love Tennessee then. The trail systems are extensive.
And you don't get hypoxia when hiking at 2000ft like in Colorado.
It makes it much more enjoyable. Just dodge the rattlesnakes.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
I'd love to check out the south one day! I have a friend looking to move there, he is looking at a few states/areas. I can't believe what you can buy for 125-200k. Around here, the same kind of houses, we would be talking 1.5 mill and up.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

of course .

Why do you think they infected the Nursing homes ?

They are full of physically inactive people laying in the bed 24 hrs a day 99% of them have fluid on there lungs , Covid-19 to them was an instant death sentence .

Evil just pure Evil.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I almost got to 220 then I started the Keto diet. I weigh about 172 today. Have kept it off for 3 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join