It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Of My Hobbies

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
One of my hobbies that I have added to the pile is geocaching because it gets me out of the house. And finally today we went on a hike to grab three. Now these trails are actually pretty close to the house and much to my surprise at the third and final one was this out in the woods. Not that actual cache but near enough that if you have found this one you know where it is at. Had no idea it was out there and of course it is a replica and not even the original one as one is on the ground nearby rotting away.

Still, nice to find.

edit on 14-4-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hmm after seeing this, I guess my hobbies are kinda #ed up.

Nice totem pole.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Here is a pic of the old one...

A different hobby wanted a piece of that wood to turn into something...maybe a totem pole peace pipe...idk.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I love geocaching. I once found a $100 gas card...it was full. And I love travel bugs.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Put one in that cache since it has a guardian and is a two mile hike round trip. It is the last of three and first is one of the oldest caches in the county so is needed for a challenge cache.
edit on 14-4-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

There is a real nerdy side of me, my hobbies, somehow they are all kinda related.

Geocaching
metal detecting - to me this is possibly one of the most fun hobbies as long as you are not in an area with other people that constantly ask you if you have found something good!
foraging
sea shell picking
reading up on bigfoot

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah I did a synergy for a while between hiking, camping, bushcrafting, prepping, target shooting and fishing. Geocaching is another outdoor activity that brings in orienteering, spotting out of place items and so on.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I did not know this was still a thing. I was into it back in early 2000's. Matter of fact it's what got me into hiking & exploring.

Best cache I stumbled across was somewhere out in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Utah) partially hidden under a boulder atop a cliff. One of those old metal lunch boxes with various trinket souvenirs and a log book to record your name, leave a thought or whatever. Fun times!

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Nice! I still like geocaching. It's awesome when I find a cache when I'm not even using coordinates. Sometimes I'll be out hiking and I'll se a spot where I think to myself, "Hey, that would be a good place to hide a cache," and bam there it is!

I'd like to get back into magnet fishing and metal detecting.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

It was a long evolution to get me in. I considered it back in the day but was too cheap to throw cash at an old school handheld GPS. Fast forward about 16-17 years and nearly tripped over about the third cache I had ever found in the woods while with a buddy of mine while scouting out a pawpaw grove. I explain to him what it was but didn’t really know much more than the basic overview.

Last year he talks me into downloading the app, because what else can’t a smart phone do today compared to 20 years ago? And in the end, even more expensive than those early handheld GPS with a monthly service subscription to get robocalls on...but I digress.

To me the fun isn’t so much the hunt as it is just being out there doing things.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
watch out for sasquatch,
he'll get you and make you eat peanut butter sandwches and marry his cousin.
he says she pretty.
she's not pretty.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

To me the fun isn’t so much the hunt as it is just being out there doing things.

Totally agree!

Back then I was more of a Boy Scout and used a tool called a compass and maps printed on that stuff called paper. That was half the fun & challenge.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Very nice.

Authentic poles go for astronomical amounts of money around these parts.

Heck, even replicas go for a pretty penny, and understandably so.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Geocaching
metal detecting - to me this is possibly one of the most fun hobbies as long as you are not in an area with other people that constantly ask you if you have found something good!
foraging
sea shell picking
reading up on bigfoot

Have you ever gone foraging for a bigfoot using your metal detector?

new topics

top topics

join