It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting an id.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: LSU2018

It wasn't the only thing I left.

i wasn't the driver when moving to the new state.

wallet? Because no one ever loses a wallet.

The box i left was a waterproof fire proof safe type of box.

A wallet would have been in your pocket during the move, and if not then your former landlord wouldn't have tossed it. People don't toss wallets anymore than they toss a cell phone they find.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

lol it's so funny.

Florida doesn't even have any of my information about the dl I had there.....

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Lost my chain wallet at a bank once. Bank never found it. Had to get a new ss card. But I had the id still because when I used it I stuck it in my other pocket. Took the chain off the wallet because I was signing papers on a house I was buying and thought the chain would make me look bad....
That's when I started putting important stuff in a safe/box.

ironic? I only lost it all this time because it was all in the same "safe" place.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

services.flhsmv.gov...

That's the state of FL DMV, that's how you can order an ID. As long as you have the information they're asking, it really is that simple.

I know you're trying to make a point of it being a hassle, but anyone should be able to do this if I was able to do so almost 20 years ago when the internet wasn't quite so robust.

Edit: Also the Social Security service website does not require identification to obtain a replacement card via their website either. I discovered that when I thought I needed one for my SC drivers license.
edit on 4/13/21 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I have been on the side of voter id from the start.
The idea just made since. And besides getting a voter id is just as easy as getting a driver license or a state id right?

Until today I had no idea how hard it could be to get a driver license or a state id.

I recently moved to south carolina from florida. During that move I lost a very important box...somehow.
This box had my id , my driver license, and my birth certificate inside.

I called the dmv to see what I needed to get my id and/or license. I need a physical copy not a photo copy of my birth certificate and two proofs of my add. So I call the health department in florida to see how to get a physical copy of my birth certificate. They tell me that i have to show an id before I can get it.......

i don't know what to do next. Here I am in a new state no id no driver license no birth certificate. I don't know if sc requires an id to vote but florida did.
I can't drive. Don't know anyone here.

has anyone ever had this problem? What did you do to fix it?
Why is it this hard to get a simple state id??

You also can't buy alcohol, get federal benefits, rent an apartment, get a loan, etc. Guess you'll have to be an adult and figure out how to get one yourself and learn to keep up with your stuff. I'll give you a hint, start by getting a new birth certificate.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I think it's pretty racist to assume minority persons aren't smart enough to get an ID, or use the Internet.

It would be very ironic if this user is a minority and unable to figure out how to get and ID hahaha. Life is hard

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I thought this was a website full of people that don't like the idea of "papers"
People who try to live off the grid.

But instead I'm being shamed for not having my papers?
Idk if you're cherry picking your post, but a couple of Users have already provided valuable information inregards to your plight. Perhaps a response and Thank You to these strangers in capes?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I thought this was a website full of people that don't like the idea of "papers"
People who try to live off the grid.

But instead I'm being shamed for not having my papers?

Just imagine having to replace your vaccine card... Hell, I lost my wallet when I was a teenager in the '80s had to replace everything in person. Then found my wallet a month later I had put it in our bathroom downstairs in a cabinet?

So you have been to the Social Security card site and the South Carolina DMV site? and you did have the Real ID version

from the South Carolina DMV

HOME / DRIVER SERVICES / DRIVER'S LICENSE / REPLACE LICENSE, PERMIT, OR ID CARD
REPLACE LICENSE, PERMIT, OR ID CARD
Lost or Stolen Driver's License, Permit, or Identification Card

If your driver's license, beginner's permit, or identification card has been lost or stolen, you should report it to police. The SCDMV does not take any legal action in these cases unless there is a reason to suspect there is fraudulent use of your license, permit or ID card.

Upon issuance of a replacement SC license, any licenses, permits, and ID cards previously issued by another jurisdiction (state or province) will automatically be cancelled.

You can buy a replacement card below. If you've purchased a duplicate license, beginner's permit, or ID card online within the past 12 months, you cannot receive another one through the online system. A replacement license or ID card costs $10, and a beginner's permit is $2.50. If you are 17 years old or older, you may renew your ID card for free if it is within one year of expiring.

If you have not yet purchased your first South Carolina REAL ID and you complete the transaction below, you will be buying a standard card that says "Not for Federal Identification" for $10.

BUY A DUPLICATE CARD
You may also visit an SCDMV branch for a replacement.

FIND AN SCDMV BRANCH
You will need to complete a Surrender Agreement (SCDMV Form DL-49) and one of the following applications depending on which type of card you are trying to replace:

from the Social Security Department

Request a Replacement Social Security Number (SSN) Card Online
Getting a replacement Social Security number (SSN) card has never been easier. As long as you’re only requesting a replacement card, and no other changes, you can use our free online services from anywhere. All you need to do is log in to or create your personal my Social Security account.

Keep in mind that in many cases, even if you lost your card, you may not need a replacement. In most cases, simply knowing your SSN is enough. But if you do need a replacement, we make it easy.

edit on 13-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So how did you manage to get any of your lost IDs in the first place ??

Maybe it's chickens first then eggs right ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Start here

Birth certificate:
www.floridahealth.gov...

You are the "registrant"

This website is where you order your birth certificate.

www.vitalchek.com...

Put your name and date of birth for reason choose driver's license.

It's like $20.

Here is driver's license website.
services.flhsmv.gov...

It's going to ask for last name, date of birth, and

- if you get social security card before this it will ask for your social security number or

- if you don't have social security card first it will ask for license plate number OR title number

For the social security number you'll go to this website and create an account

www.ssa.gov...

If you already got your drivers license you'll

-put that number in

-if not you can answer some credit history questions.

If you still have issues creating an account it should ask you to try signing in with id.me

www.id.me...

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nobody here seems to get it. The OP is trolling all of you trying to convince you all that it is sooooooooooooo difficult to get an ID. Because nobody should need one to vote and they are trying (unsuccessfully I may add) to prove how "hard" it is....right.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I thought this was a Freudian discussion... as in __ , ego, superego. I was very interested in how you were going to go about it and whether you had started as an AI or something.

As far as voter identification, the less paperwork and picture ID the better... that way when some a-hole gets elected, the smart people can correct the mistake of the idiots. (kidding kidding)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I had a suspicion that could be the case. Especially when OP was saying that he definitely understand how difficult it is.

If that is the case it's #-tier trolling.

Multiple people have given good info on how to do get it done, and if as an adult someone can't figure it out then that's on them.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

a reply to: peter_kandra

Parents don't have it. I had the only physical copy.
I don't have any forms of id at the moment except printed copies.

I wish they would except the printed color copy of my florida driver license but they wont.

I was told my parent can get the real copy of my birth certificate so I'm going to try that next.

Why do you have a printed color copy of your license? And if you have that then tell the FL DMV to send you a new one based on you DL number.

If there is another excuse then I will call BS on this whole story.

I dont know a single person that would have oddly decided to pack their ID and all identifying information into a box for a move. I mean you had to consciously take it out of whatever place you normally had it, wallet/purse etc and put it in this box for whatever crazy reason you decided to not carry your ID while you moved.

Anywho. I already don't believe your story that FL can't find a single place you lived or your old info, especially if you have a color copy with all the info on it for them to look it up with.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

what everybody is failing to understand in 2010 fl went compliant with the real ID ( federal ID which everybody wants to say it ain't. that's part of the problem.) look for the gold star on your license or ID most every driver or citizen in the U.S. should have one on it now. in order to get a 1st time license, renew, or duplicate you have to provide,

1. primary ID, which is a Certified Birth Certificate, Passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad,Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570, Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561
2. SS Card W2, SSA1099, anyother 1099, or a paycheck/stub
3. 2 proofs of Residential Address

in one of your posts you said they told you your parents could a brith certificate. i suggest that you get multiple copies which you can. i had to get a Certified Birth Certificate in order to renew mine in 2012, i got 4 copies. both my brothers have one, and my folks, and i have the last.

the SS card W2 or pay check and proof residents shouldn't be a problem if i understand your posts correctly.

edit on 13-4-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
If it was easy anyone from anywhere could get one.

They do

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

He's referencing SC however, I moved here in January. So I've been through this process, however I had my NC license on hand. You are not required to have the REAL ID here in SC, so you can get a DL that requires far less. They also removed the requirement of SS card for the DL here in SC, so even less of a hurdle.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Get your Social Security card with the photocopy of your birth certificate. They will accept it if you also have a bill with your name on it + another proof of residence (I used a letter from my landlord I got notarized).

Then use your Social Security card to get your Birth Certificate.

Then get your ID.

I went through this about a year ago (State of Alabama).

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

i know some states weren't doing the whole Real Id process, but they were following some of the Fed guidelines for it so they could keep on getting the Highway dollars.

sadly it looks like when you have to renew yours it will be a real ID.

"We've reached a critical point in our implementation of REAL ID as a state," said SCDMV Executive Director Kevin Shwedo. "Unless you have a valid US Passport or military ID, now is the time to purchase your REAL ID at scdmvonline.com or in one of our branches to avoid long lines or future disruptions in your travel plans. To think that lines won't reach four-to-six hours in South Carolina is a myth, and we're urging you to prove us wrong by preparing now."

Since February 20, 2018, the SCDMV has issued more than 1.8 million REAL ID licenses and IDs.

Real ID requied By October1, 2021

from the same link above

To purchase a REAL ID, you must bring to the SCDMV, or the agency must already have on file, all of the following documents:

Proof of identity (government-issued birth certificate or valid US Passport),
Proof of social security number,
Two proofs of current, physical SC address, and
Proof of all legal name changes, if applicable.
View the United States Citizens' Checklist (SCDMV Form MV-93) and the International Customers' Checklist (SCDMV Form MV-94) for a complete list of documents.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

look here, from the horses mouth.

How to order a Florida Birth Certificate
Who can request a birth certificate?

Births less than 100 years old are confidential and may only be issued to:

Registrant (name on the record) if of legal age (18)
Parent(s) listed on the Birth Record
Legal guardian (must provide guardianship papers)
Legal representative of one of the above persons (must provide documentation)
By Court Order (must provide copy of court order)
Upon receipt of registrant’s death record, a birth certificate marked “Deceased” may be issued to the spouse, child, grandchild, or sibling, if of legal age. Please notate “Registrant Deceased” on the application and include a photocopy of the death certificate.
VALID PHOTO IDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED WHEN REQUESTING A BIRTH RECORD.

If applicant is not one of the above, the application must be accompanied with a notarized Affidavit to Release a Birth Certificate (DH Form 1958) signed by one of the above, along with any supporting documentation and a copy of valid photo ID of both the person authorizing release and the applicant.
Brith Flordia Deparment of Health

there is also a form to authorize others to receive one.

warning opens a pdf,

DH Form 1958 Augst 2010

didn't you say you had a copy of your license, just use that and order online.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join