It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis is 'one step from war': (title edit)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

the Ukraine issue is beginning to get headlines in more MSM type media... unfortunately it is also very one sided in its coverage.

Nonetheless, the Ukraine region is getting warmer and warmer.... for whatever drummed up reasons there may be.

Ukraine crisis is 'one step from war': Russian state media ramps up rhetoric as former US ambassador to Moscow warns Putin could spark large-scale conflict in Europe as he tests Joe Biden by massing troops on border

Maybe the worlds longest news story title? Good grief eh?

Russia is 'one step from war' with Ukraine, state TV has warned in the latest bout of sabre-rattling between Moscow and Kiev that has jangled nerves across Europe.

Dmitry Kiselyov, a Russian news anchor who has been called a 'Putin propagandist' in the past, issued the warning during a primetime broadcast in Russia on Sunday.

He branded Ukraine a 'Nazi' state, saying that Russia may be forced to 'de-Nazify' it buy force - a process he said would bring about its 'economic and military collapse

It would appear all that is missing is the match getting lit.

Meanwhile Russia claims it never even got an invitation to have urgent peace talks with Ukraine!

Ukraine claims Russia ignoring call for crunch talks to avert all-out war in Donbass, but Moscow says it never received an invite

The Kremlin has denied ignoring requests from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to hold a crisis summit after days of bloody escalations in the war-torn Donbass region, insisting it hasn’t actually been invited to take part.
On Monday morning, a government spokeswoman in Kiev claimed that an appeal for talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin had gone unacknowledged. Yulia Mendel told journalists from Reuters that “we have not received an answer yet and we very much hope that this is not a refusal of dialogue.”

However, later that day, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that he was unaware of the request, and had not seen any such contact from Ukrainian officials in recent days.

So, unless you were one of the peasants who shuttled messages back and forth; no one would know if anyone is telling the truth in this drawn out he said-she said drama.

Next stop, the apocalypse? The bumbling Biden administration’s claim to fame may be jumpstarting World War III

Since Biden’s inauspicious rise to power, the world has become littered with hotspots from Ukraine to China where a major conflict could erupt at any time. Is the US deep state desperate to make up for four warless years?
Coincidence or otherwise, the world feels like a much more dangerous place since Joe Biden formally entered the White House on January 20. Now that the ‘Make America Great Again’ bumper sticker has been removed from the US juggernaut, early indicators point to a global joyride riddled with dangerous standoffs and even full-blown hostilities that could spark the mother of all conflagrations. One of the most dangerous stops along this highway to possible oblivion is playing out right now on Russia’s doorstep.

For the average consumer of Western media junk food, the simmering standoff between Ukraine and Russia has been reduced to snack-size bites, popularly sold to unsuspecting consumers as ‘Russian aggression’. Toss away the greasy bag, however, and the more discerning shopper will discover that Moscow has in fact steadfastly supported the conditions for peace in Donbass, where a civil war has been raging for seven years between pro-Russian forces and Kiev. Meanwhile, it is Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky who has abandoned the Minsk Protocol, the 2014 peace treaty, while signing a decree on March 24 that practically places Ukraine on a war footing with Russia.

The author of the above quote is right about more than a couple of his points..

The world certainly has taken a very hostile turn suddenly. Things with Ukraine certainly got a lot more "cozy" recently, perhaps reflecting Biden and Biden's son, and their influences and prior "deals and decisions" made before the rigged election?

Another statement made by Ukraine's President Zelensky was that Ukraine wanted to become a "card carrying" member of NATO now too...

It is all just smoke and mirrors folks....NATO expansion has been on the march for quite a while, well past the borders and the promises made after the wall came down..

And this rightly makes Russia "nervous" as to future intentions of the western nations.

You gotta think like any nation would think in defending its borders etc... If a military threat was promised to never get right next-door to your borders, and now Russia finds itself surrounded with NATO nations, and the latest hot spot, also on Russia's border is now begging for admission into NATO...You honestly can't blame Russia for being concerned.

This is not getting any better, and you have large numbers on BOTH sides built up on the borders. They make it sound like there are hardly any Ukrainian troop on their border, and that is not the facts folks. There is a whole bunch of Ukrainian troops ready to have a big gunfight too.

I remember some months ago about a US military officer going to the Ukraine to train their "low quality" troops into a real fighting machine...and now they must be ready to test that training.

Some wonder will this be the battle of Gog and Magog even..Ha! I don't know, but I am quite concerned a conflict will not be avoided, and it could very easily get real big real fast.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

Another statement made by Ukraine's President Zelensky was that Ukraine wanted to become a "card carrying" member of NATO now too...

They have nothing to offer to NATO past a middle finger to Russia. Plus, I don't much see the point, we have a treaty where we defend their sovereignty anyways (not that I want to honor it at this point given the ramifications).

If we let them join NATO, we might as well declare war on Russia and skip the formalities and drawn out process.

Then again, I don't know why I'm bringing logic to the matter, or acting like there's any semblance of consistency here.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   

It's because Putin knows he can do whatever he wants in eastern Ukraine now that Biden is president.

He annexed Crimea under Obama, when Biden was the soggy soiled diaper there to catch all the crap.

Now Biden is president...and things aren't looking good.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

. Plus, I don't much see the point, we have a treaty where we defend their sovereignty anyways (not that I want to honor it at this point given the ramifications).

We didn't honor that treaty in 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea.

Fun fact, Russia is also a signatory on that treaty.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The question is what do the democrats have on Putin that is worth going to war over to cover up the investigation of the Biden Ukraine scandal?

Democrats working with Russians again?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Greetings CS,

Great input there! Ha! Probably quite spot on too.

Yeah, I am afraid Ukraine and it's people will be the grease in the grindstone of the coming conflict.

It is another proxy war somewhat... USA has been "egging" Ukraine forward with the rhetoric.

But, if and when the shooting starts, Ukraine will suffer terribly.

I dread the news stories we are likely to read in the next weeks and months.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

. Plus, I don't much see the point, we have a treaty where we defend their sovereignty anyways (not that I want to honor it at this point given the ramifications).

We didn't honor that treaty in 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea.

Fun fact, Russia is also a signatory on that treaty.

True, I figured when we signed it, Russia was considered to be one of the if not the primary threat to Ukraine's sovereignty. Maybe not right then in that moment, but surely in the future. For a short time, I'm sure we saw Russia as weakened, but NATO expansion seemed to be indicative of a policy towards Russian containment.

The whole thing is a cluster though. I don't feel I have a say in the matter, much of Ukraine is ethnic Russians. So it's hard unfair for me to even imply I know the best interests of Ukraine.

The thing feels like the Middle East. I'd rather have no part in it. What happens there isn't my business, and aside from that, we have our own problems at the moment, and for years to come.

Sometimes you have to put on your oxygen mask before assisting those around you.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It is another proxy war somewhat.... USA has been "egging" Ukraine forward with the rhetoric.

Agreed. Though, I feel it served Europe's interests more than our own. Seems western Europe wouldn't mind the buffer to calm their PTSD of Russian expansion.

But, if and when the shooting starts, Ukraine will suffer terribly.

Ukraine was suffering well before the proxy erupted. Damn shame too, they're not a resource poor country, yet, they're a poor country.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It's because Putin knows he can do whatever he wants in eastern Ukraine now that Biden is president.

He annexed Crimea under Obama, when Biden was the soggy soiled diaper there to catch all the crap.

Now Biden is president...and things aren't looking good.

Three weeks ago, Joe Biden told Vladimir Put he was a stone cold killer.

Unlike how they criticized Trump for telling NK Kim Jong-Un that he'd rain fire and brimstone down on him, our Terrorist Media Outlets universally praised Joe Biden for talking tough against Putin.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Meanwhile Russia claims it never even got an invitation to have urgent peace talks with Ukraine!

Ukraine should announce their offer to Russia through twitter with a video, so the world can see Russia ignoring it.

Twitter shutting down their account will be a confirmation this is a new world order plan. If not, we will see how countries react or ignore it. Revealing one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
The question is what do the democrats have on Putin that is worth going to war over to cover up the investigation of the Biden Ukraine scandal?

Democrats working with Russians again?

Well, they spent a lot of time last year saying : "Russians !!!".

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Saw where 2 US aircraft carriers are on the way to the Black Sea, as a deterrent to Russia. Never a good sign, but I'm sure all those Ukrainian checks to the Biden clan at least infer complete support against Russia. Now Biden will do what he got paid to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Greetings once again CS,

You mentioned serving Europes interests rather than our own, and the PTSD of fearing the old Soviet Union.

Both points well said and notable to perhaps piecing this Ukraine puzzle together in our minds.

Also have to agree with you on the suffering beforehand.

Ukraine was highly mismanaged, and corruption was pretty prevalent. I saw some documentaries about Ukraine back in those days of the Maiden revolution. It was about a nurse on the ambulance squad, and what she dealt with and saw. AIDS was pretty common, due to sharing needles with other drug addicts. She would go around and test sex workers for diseases when not on emergency runs. The place was a real mess as a society.

I don't remember what city it was, but it was in the rebellious region. There were emergency calls due to rocket attacks, mortar attacks, etc. She and her crew were doing an incredible job.

There is also that pesky Nord Stream 2 pipeline that is also in the heart of this brewing dispute. There is "big money" tied up in this project. And oodles of profits are at stake.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Oh boy...

It's certainly no coincidence that this jumped off immediately after Biden, the multiple failed presidential candidate who buckled like a coward to demands to choose a black woman as VP, was elected.

I guess this is what democrats wanted. I don't even know anymore. All I know is that they're constantly doing everything they blame Republicans for.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Bill Clinton promised to protect Ukraine. He should do something.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thank you Pravdaseeker for your threads on this important matter.

Another article I read seems to point to the Ukranine situation turning into a war "not if but when" according to Margarita Simonyan, editor in chief of the state-funded Russian media outlets RT and Sputnik.
Is she baiting,or is she as I suspect being truthful?

I know many will disregard her comments as she runs RT/Sputnik,and of course she is speaking from a Russian government perspective-But I would say only fools would not at least listen to what she says.After all,much is at stake here and not only within the borders of Ukraine.

All-out cyberwarfare, nation-wide forced blackouts, and the targeted disruption of internet services—for one of the Kremlin’s top propagandists, all of those tactics are fair game in what she describes as a fated war-to-come against the U.S. “War [with the U.S.] is inevitable,” declared Margarita Simonyan, editor in chief of the state-funded Russian media outlets RT and Sputnik, who believes the conflict will break out when, not if, Vladimir Putin moves to seize more territory from Ukraine.
As Russia’s military buildup on Ukraine’s doorstep mounts, Kremlin loyalists have been urging for even more overt aggression and bloodshed in the campaign to annex Ukraine’s Donbas region.
The only thing standing in the way, they say, is U.S. support for their beleaguered neighbor.

www.thedailybeast.com...

So we in the west are being told the issue is Russia trying to bully Ukraine because Putin is a megalomaniac-but there are other familiar issues at the heart of the matter which western media is less enthusiastic to report-

The current battle is not over geographical conquest, but rather for access to Europe’s lucrative energy sector. Washington refuses to sit by idly as Moscow and Berlin put the final touches on the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, which, if fulfilled, will see natural gas supplies flowing from Russia to Germany – without the highly unpredictable Ukrainian middleman – across the Baltic Sea.
Washington’s determination to play spoiler was made clear last month when US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on the sidelines of a meeting with NATO’s Stoltenberg that the pipeline “is in contradiction to the EU’s own security goals.” Interesting how Washington understands the EU’s “security goals” even better than Brussels does.
And lest Germany failed to take the hint, Blinken warned Berlin of “possible sanctions” should the project go to the joyous ribbon-cutting phase. In other words, ‘free markets’ were only designed primarily with US corporations in mind; all other contenders, especially Russia, need not apply.
Not only would Nord Stream 2 preclude the necessity of expensive US liquefied natural gas (LNG) from being imported by the EU, it would turn Brussels and Moscow into Washington’s worst nightmare, that is, bona-fide partners with a real incentive to remain on good terms.
Such a geopolitical turn of events has all the potential to eventually render NATO obsolete.
Thus, we find Zelensky doing the dirty and extremely dangerous work of Washington, militarizing the Donbass while making aggressive overtures to Moscow.

www.rt.com...

The worry is that the US have shown us more than once that they can and will go to war over energy,and the current administration is it seems,making it clear to Moscow that they can and will do so again through these comments of US Secretary of State Antony Blinken.
This is not a bluff.
Another thing we have seen before is that the US government has demonstrated it will throw "allies" to the wolves to get what they want.
This is not a bluff,its been doctrine since at least the cold war when (secretly)the US were prepared to sacrifice its allies in Europe /UK if things went mushroom shaped.

Before anyone gets angry with me-I have nothing against the average Russian or American-I have travelled and trekked with some good folks from both nations-But guys your governments both suck hard(as does my own) and as usual its us lowly masses who will be affected while the governments hide like little bitches in their underground rat warrens.

This is a dire situation,and with other potential flashpoints around the world the chances of a greater war blooming from this situation is IMO the highest we have seen in decades.

May cool heads prevail,because the alternative could be unlike anything the world has seen since the meteor which wiped out most of the dinosaurs.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It's true it's energy that keeps it all together, control of it puts you in or out of the driving seat.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yeah Russia has 40k troops deployed in Crimea and another 40k deployed along the border of the breakaway provinces that Russia is attempting to take.

Part of me thinks this is a distraction for China, who is gearing up to invade Taiwan. Taiwan recently announced they are getting so many violation by China in their ADIZ that Taiwan is no longer scrambling aircraft to intercept them. Instead Taiwan is going to use their missile defense and start locking onto Chinese aircraft that enter their ADIZ.

Back to Russia - its interesting that Erdogan (Turkey) is looking at scrapping the Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits. The waterway linking the Black Sea to the Med is not a UN waterway and is wholly owned by Turkey. That document established what could and could not pass through the straight. More than a 100 retired flag rank (Generals/Admirals) warned Erdogan that should he scrap the convention they would have no choice but to remove him from power using the military.

Should Erdogan do this it would block all NATO ships from entering the black sea. In essence Erdogan would be running interference to help Russia.
edit on 14-4-2021 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I found this interesting-

Amid high tensions between Russia and Ukraine, the United States reportedly cancelled this week’s planned deployment of two warships to the Black Sea.
Anadolu state news agency reported that Turkish officials informed that the passage of the first ship through the Bosphorous due on Wednesday did not take place. They added that both deployments, scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, have been cancelled and Ankara has not yet been informed of any possible rescheduling.

www.republicworld.com...

Is this Biden being reasonably cautious and not wanting to stir the pot?
Quite the U turn I thought-what message does that send to Russia?

A cynical person could be forgiven for thinking maybe Putin has Compromat on Biden-or maybe on his son with regard to the Burisma affair.

Also in that link,it states the US have to give Turkey 15 days notice if they want to transit through the Bosphorus straight-which would mean those ships,if needed,will NOT be in position in time if as some suspect any incursion by Russia takes place around the May day parade.

Not a good chess move Joe!

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Back in March....

Zelensky signed Presidential Decree No. 117/2021 ...

Which it states that ukraine will take back crimea...

Russia just responding to a foreign threat ...

As any nation would....

Riouz

Msm wont tell you that though....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join