It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC's new Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this while noticing Alabama's Covid stats were delayed because of the CDC's new guidelines concerning COVID and COVID deaths in particular. The red part below stood out to me or is it just medical jargon and busy work to justify their budget.

Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19)

Why is the CDC updating the terms for determining deaths FROM COVID a year after this crap started? Were the guidelines that wrong before? Did the wrong guidelines lead to fewer or more persons being declared deceased by COVID? Are the new guidelines going to lead to an increase or decrease of persons being declared dying from COVID?

www.cdc.gov...

If COVID–19 played a role in the death, this condition should
be specified on the death certificate. In many cases, it is
likely that it will be the UCOD, as it can lead to various life-threatening
conditions, such as pneumonia and acute respiratory
distress syndrome (ARDS). In these cases, COVID–19 should
be reported on the lowest line used in Part I with the other
conditions to which it gave rise listed on the lines above it.

In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot
be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances
are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it
is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate as
“probable” or “presumed.” In these instances, certifiers should
use their best clinical judgement in determining if a COVID–19
infection was likely. However, please note that testing for
COVID–19 should be conducted whenever possible.

Manner of death
The manner of death, sometimes referred to as circumstances of
death, is also reported on death certificates. Natural deaths are
due solely or almost entirely to disease or the aging process (8).
In the case of death due to a COVID–19 infection, the manner of
death will almost always be natural.

edit on 12-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

It seems the part in red alludes that death by natural causes is pretty much based on COVID is the person has it. While in green it shows that cases likely exist where COVID is just suspected but never CONFIRMED BY ACTUALLY TESTING.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   
What is your excess mortality rate?

*shrugs*

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
What is your excess mortality rate?

*shrugs*

Funny you should ask was reading this too, It alludes to the difficulties in determining the excess death rates it does mention the prevalence of death to those over 65. This leads to the drum I've been banging all along our deaths from LTC ACCOUNT FOR OVER 34% of the COVID deaths and yet are only 1 percent of the population.

To get beyond the educated guessing we would have to have complete demographics for the last 2-3 years to have some accuracy. Suffice it to say over 60 have likely seen a huge increase while those under 60 may be relatively equal.

I'll research it and see what I can find, Id imagine though if it fits the popular media narrative we would have already seen studies on this exact topic.

found this in a quick search www.in-fact.ca... and this one seems more robust and in depth
ourworldindata.org... but even these 2 have disclaimers to the accuracy of the stats

www.weforum.org...

The daily published number of infections and deaths as a result of coronavirus has become a depressingly familiar snapshot of the impact the pandemic is having globally. But trying to extrapolate the total global death toll is not as simple as it first seems. And trying to compare the number of COVID-19-related deaths by country can be misleading and confusing.

Each country has its own way of recording deaths – and its own time frame for doing so. Some governments only count deaths in hospitals, for example. And without widespread testing it’s not easy to keep a check on the number of confirmed cases. Added to this, there are also differences in how causes of death are recorded: coronavirus may be the trigger but death can result from a wide range of complications.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Posted months ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Please explain again how the bit in green and the bit in red disagree with each other in any way, shape or form.

So COVId-19 might be a "possible cause of death" in some circumstances, and is also considered a natural cause of death - as in not accidental or intentional.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
As best I can tell, they're changing the guidelines to change the reported death rate.

Even though the actual death rate of this is low, that didn't fit the narrative to shut down the country, tank the economy, overthrow our voting system to undermine the will of the people, and trick everyone into wearing muzzles- so they made the guidelines in such a way that pretty much any death was a COVID death, and the news did what they do best.

Now that they've accomplished those goals, its time for new goals.
Our members of military are refusing their vaccine- something like 40% of them. There are a LOT of people who are paying enough attention to notice that something is fishy about the whole thing, but there are also a LOT of people who are so indoctrinated that they willingly gave up their lives to worship whatever the big tv screen said, and stayed at home waiting for this miracle vaccine to save them.

So- here it is! their lord and savior master puppet himself, bai-den, has the vaccine! And you can have it too!
All you have to do is ignore the reality that it won't prevent you from getting sick, and wont prevent you from spreading the illness, and ignore that some of the brands out there are a completely new experimental kind of injection with no research done on long term side effects... Keep your fingers in your ears saying LA LA LA LA LA and take your government issued jabs like a good citizen.

Here's the kicker- number of deaths from COVID were trending down before they started pushing this voodoo nonsense.
A quick google shows that in the USA, 36% of the population has gotten their jabs- and we're averaging 3.4 million more a day (and rising) - nearly 1% of the population a day.
At that rate, by May, we should be at around 50% of the population.

So with half the US population having the jabs that don't prevent infection and don't prevent spreading, they'll need to artificially decrease the death rate to fit the narrative. Since they artificially inflated those numbers in the first place, that's easy enough to do... simply make the reporting more accurate.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

There is more than 1 "cause" of death on every certificate...more like 3 indicator s.

Guy has Covid....coughs and passes out in a crosswalk, gets killed by traffic.

The 2 on that for example:
Cause of Death? Traffic Accident
Complicated by Covid
Onset of death: minutes

Sooooo....the guy died in traffic, but it was Covid that made him pass out...and was killed by car.

Cause: Accident
Pre-existing condition: Covid infection
On set of death: minutes, hours, days, months, year: minutes

Sooooo....what was the cause? What brought it on and when?

Both are on every death certificate.

Emer. Resp/Adv Life Support
edit on 12-4-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

There are more than 1 "cause" of death on every certificate.

Complicated by Covid

Sooooo....the guy died in traffic, but it was Covid that made him pass out...and was killed by car.

Sooooo....what was the cause? What brought in on and when?

Are you implying that Covid was the cause of death?
I could have cancer and not know it, and die in a car accident.
My cause of death is the accident, not the cancer.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

You win the prize! I suppose it's easier to say something like:

Someone faints from bloods pressure, dogs attack and maul body?

Cause of death? Dog bites
Existing factors: High Blood Pressure
How long condition: unknown

Was it blood pressure(already existing cond)...the fainting( 2nd factor)...or the dog bites?

Dog bite
High Blood Pressure
Traffic Accident
Crushed Lungs.

I suggest observing some different death cert. to understand...confusing for sure....

EMT/D.H.S./FEMA

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
*ETA: to clarify the above;

Man dies by animal attack, caused by fainting, fainting from having Covid, lungs crushed by car.

Figure it out

For those needing help: Died from bites, bites from fainting, fainting from b.p., body crushed chest from car.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Whatever it takes to get the $9000 government money for final expenses, I’m for it.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

*ETA: to clarify the above;

Man dies by animal attack, caused by fainting, fainting from having Covid, lungs crushed by car.

Figure it out

For those needing help: Died from bites, bites from fainting, fainting from b.p., body crushed chest from car.

I hear you. It may not always be crystal clear. In my example, the accident was the clear cause. True example. My old boss had a stroke in August 2018 and died 2 weeks later. The 3 causes were Cardiopulmonary arrest...minutes, acute respiratory failure...minutes to hours and intracranial hemorrhage...days. His primary cause of death was a heart attack, but brought on by the stroke.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Please explain again how the bit in green and the bit in red disagree with each other in any way, shape or form.

So COVId-19 might be a "possible cause of death" in some circumstances and is also considered a natural cause of death - as in not accidental or intentional.

Maybe I didn't frame it correctly there is no difference in the red or green it was just parts of the "new Guidelines" that hit me last night about 3:00 in the morning. The overall questions were quite clearly stated, did you even read them? Also was trying to find the new proposed guidelines.

Alabama's Health Department had a disclaimer that some of their recent data was missing dues to changes in the ways they determined COVID stats. So I was wondering did they change something again?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

CDC's new Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19)

Anyone or anything not breathing ?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

There is more than 1 "cause" of death on every certificate...more like 3 indicator s.

Complicated by Covid

Thanks but I guess my point was why did they have to clarify the use for COVID certainly 2020 isn't the first time we have had deaths where a virus or illness was a contributory factor. Why the distinction on COVID? Are they just adjusting on the fly?

For example, my father's cause of death was a heart attack but numerous factors brought that on from his 2 years of chemo treatments for stage 4 pancreatic cancer, history of heart disease, life long smoker etc.

Just trying to learn here not trying to be political or anything in this thread ...

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

You are correct!

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Complicated by Covid

Thanks but I guess my point was why did they have to clarify the use for COVID certainly 2020 isn't the first time we have had deaths where a virus or illness was a contributory factor. Why the distinction on COVID? Are they just adjusting on the fly?

For example, my father's cause of death was a heart attack but numerous factors brought that on from his 2 years of chemo treatments for stage 4 pancreatic cancer, history of heart disease, life long smoker etc.

Just trying to learn here not trying to be political or anything in this thread ...

DEATH...is not political. It is a non-denominational-non-discriminatory end of all things...and we ALL get to play

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Deer runs out in front of motorcycle. Motorcycle crashes trying to avoid deer. Cyclist strikes tree with head. Cyclist dies from head injury. Cause of Death on Death Certificate "Traumatic head injury with COVID 19".

This kind of reminds me of the bullsh*t used to justify stricter laws for DUI. Maybe that's where they practiced. A while back the statistic was changed from "Accidents Caused By DUI" to "Alcohol Related Accidents". The original statistic was valid if the operator of the vehicle causing the accident had a blood alcohol over .12. It was changed to if anybody involved with the accident had any measurable amount of alcohol in their blood. A totally sober designated driver wrecks and his passengers were drinking it goes down as a "Alcohol Related Accident".

Standards have been changed to get the desired outcome for years. There is no provable link between smoking and Cancer. Look how that's turned out.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well, we found how they are going to change the covid death related data after the vaccine is implemented in society. They will downplay the deaths being covid related from now on, not listing them as covid deaths unless there is a direct relationship between the death and the virus. That should reduce the number of deaths considerably to make the vaccines appear effective. About a year and a half ago they actually made changes that set up the scenario of more deaths from a virus or pathogen. So now that they have blown this virus out of proportion, they are changing it back again so the vaccine and the people who promoted it look great...mostly those who saved our assess from this super cold.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Exactly. And this would explain how they can make it appear that there is a substantial number of 'excess deaths' compared to other years.

Count hundreds of thousands of flu/heart disease etc deaths as both...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join