It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Day Resurrections??possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've heard of many soo called "pastors" resurrecting people from the dead because they prayed to God. Im wondering if anyone else has any background on this subject to back up there claims, because I can't find any information on the net about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Right now there has been two studies about the effects of prayer and healing. Both were inconclusive because of flaws in the studies not dealing or taking into account the faith of the subject.

Right now there is a member of my Church who had a major ski accident and went into a coma. The church is praying for his recovery. In all honesty it only gives hope to those who are troubled by this. But even hope does great things.

in short, we do not know. if a person is ressurcted people acll it a miracle, if people are not, they just say they did not pray hard enough of thier spirit was weak

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I remember my father telling me that if I had enough faith I could move mountains, well as a child I though he mean it.

Resurrecting the death well, that is tricky, but I remember a fellow teacher that I met when I started working with the system in the state I live in, and she was diagnosed with breast cancer, her cancer was very advance by the time her test were done.

She went to a revival and the minister supposedly was a healer, the women believed so much that she was healed by him that she stop the treatments.

Everybody around were amazed that she was cured, well she die a few months later.

Now how can you explain something like that to a true believer, that the poor woman didn't have enough faith?

I believe in destiny if you are due you are due and nothing will stop it.

Resurrection has never been proved and the only ones that testify by it are long death.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think Reinhard Bunke is the only one claiming to have raised anyone from the dead no? I guess it still wouldn't make up for the several that were trampled and stomped to death by people attending his rallies tho.

Althought, I vaguely recall hearing about a televangelist who stated that he'd be leading prayer sessions on TV and that people should'nt bury their recently dead until that date, because if they prayed and paid their dead'd be raised!

No reports of zombies yet.

No studies have shown that prayer are at all effective. Nothing is stopping the members of the 'correct' religion from conducting such a study or paying for one to be properly done. They dont and won't because prayer is not a scientific, objective, repeatable and controlable way to get results. Undoubtedly people have found that prayer works. Undoutedly people have found lots of stuff works. Heck, people have been 'cured' by praying to hindu gods and allah. What is that supposed to prove? That multiple mutually exclusive gods exist?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have some comment on this thread. I think that most of you will agree that it is the most logical way to respond to this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Man reason I asked about this is from my knowledge of biblical theology, only God or Jesus christ can raise the dead. And if God allows some " preacher" to raise the dead and do whatever he wants, that kind of brings the omipotence of God down a level, dont you think?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
StJames, no not really.

The disiples and early members of the Christian church were able to heal and perform miracles. But many forget that it is faith in God that heals a person. Think of the "Miracle" worker as a Syringe, and and a persons faith being the medicince inside the syringe. The miracles in themselves do not create belivers, but are a way to bring Glory to God. After Jesus fed the 5000 with a few loafs of bread and some small fish most of the followers left him after the miracle was performed.

Miracles reveal the power of God. Faith allows those miracles to be done. Miracles do not bring people to faith

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't think faith in God is simply to show proofs that He exists. We all have to find our own proof. Even with proof, people deny. To a Christian, death is a stitch in eternity. All that is important is here and now knowing God.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I've heard of many soo called "pastors" resurrecting people from the dead because they prayed to God. Im wondering if anyone else has any background on this subject to back up there claims, because I can't find any information on the net about it.

Was Jesus even resurrected? And, sorry, no one is capable of resurrecting someone from the dead.....what are they doing, playing God? There is no background to back up these claims because they are bogus. Dead is Dead. Although, I think Count Frankenstein was able to resurrect the dead!!

I do believe in reincarnation, so I guess, in a sense, that is a form of resurrection of the soul. But, resurrection of a dead body and have it come back to life?.....wake up!! Deny ignorance!!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is a link about modern day resurrections and claims. Now bear in mind that most of the miracles are in third world countries, and the ones in the US are really not three day deaths and then resurrected.

www.joelnews.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJames
if God allows some " preacher" to raise the dead[...], that kind of brings the omipotence of God down a level

The short answer is apparently that god doesn't allow the preacher to do it, god himself does it thru the preacher, just like with absolution of sins, baptism, healing, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
YES. There have been hundreds of people who have been raised
from the dead throughout the 2,000 years of Christian history.
Many have been well documented. There is a book called -
RAISED FROM THE DEAD - by Fr. Albert Hebert It is put out by
TAN books. Google them up.

This book has 400 resurrection miracles listed and described.
The last pope to have raised someone from the dead was
St. Pope Pius X. (1834-1914). The last saint that we know of
who (for sure) raised someone from the dead was Padre Pio.
Well... I should say GOD raised people from the dead THROUGH
these holy souls ....

There are true stories of raising animals from the dead as well.
St. Francis of Paola had a pet trout named Antonella and a lamb
named Martinello. Both were killed and eaten, leaving just bones.
Both were killed and eaten without St. Francis' permission. He
found out ... took the bones ... prayed over them ........ and his
pets were restored to life with new flesh, new skin, new scales for
the fish and new fleece for the lamb.

For holy people to be able to bring others back from the dead and
resurrect them fits into the Christian belief process just fine. Christ
gave his apostles the ability to be able to perform miracles. He said
that with faith even the size of a mustard seed that people would
be able to move mountains. Resurrection miracles are in the bible -
Peter did it. It is definately possible for this to happen.

Oh ... Christ wasn't resurrected. He rose through his own power.
There is a difference with Him. He rose ... others wave been raised.

[edit on 4/11/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zabilgy

Zabilgy, i encourage you to rent and watch the movie/documentary called THE CASE FOR CHRIST. It is about an athiest who set out to disprove the bibles claims and over 10 years later was actually convinced through multiple research and experts on ancient text ect. was no longer athiest but a stongly believing Christian.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a resurrectIon of a massIve scale occurred when the tsunamI happened creatIng a lot of flesh eaters to gaIn a physIcal appearance and lots of attempts have been made to claIm they have happened sInce. even claIms who Is wrItIng thIs reply gets murdered regularly. those who have not gone to the extremes are regularly trIcked whIle many claIm to be the behavIng resurrected are constantly deceIvIng by other means.
edit on 19-7-2016 by NOBUTNOIAM because: (no reason given)

top topics

join