It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important: Cordoned off or segregated internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
An AI or an organization has cordoned off the internet.
Using a VPN will not make a difference, there seems to be very sophisticated methods in place I do not know how to get around.
So if you are seeing this, note that most information on imageboards, forums, etc. is being heavily filtered and is only what they want you to see or what got past the blocks.

This means that the most important, informative posts, both here and elsewhere, likely won't be available to us to see.
edit on 11-4-2021 by CharGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
How do you know?

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Use a search engine other than google.

Duckduckgo, Yandex and Bing are all good and actually give relevent results to what you’re looking for most of the time. As opposed to Google which gives worthless news articles from CNN, Fox and the like.

The rest is probably moderation and archival cleanup. I am unaware of any mechanism that could control the entire internet as you propose. ISP’s may restrict access and corporate collusion is very real, but this would be very noticible to a great many people.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharGreen

Wouldn't this site's owners be aware of this? And if so do you suppose they are in on it and they just don't tell us?

Wouldn't people notice if their posts weren't showing up?

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
How do you know?

yeah what they said

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's just soo unbelievable 😵‍💫

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That would be near impossible. The internet is a conglomeration of networks that are owned by myriads of people, corporations, government, institutions, and of course the major backbone providers. You can't control forums and posts like that without massive collusion. I haven't heard a word about it and I would have if something like this were happening. Think leftist censors. They may control half the forums or more out there and could be doing their own thing. So AI or organization doing so, not. Trust me, there are plenty of leftists here that would delete posts if they could. But, they don't have the credentials required to do so on this server or site.

edit on 11/4/21 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
SMH
When are you guys going to recognize a "ring & run" when you see one?
OP drops bomb, 8 pages of posts later people still haven't noticed the echo of a empty thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If search engines like Google and social media like FB, Twitter, Youtube, etc, are filtering, censoring, and adding warning labels to content, then why would there be a need for something bigger than that?

Also, along with the corporate censorship, filtering, warnings and positive support of propaganda, people are self censoring on those media or moving to other platforms. You can't use the major social media if they are blocking, censoring, filtering and kicking you off all the time, so you adapt your comments and play nice or you leave it.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
this is my shocked face!

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It is an unfortunate situation that many countries are asserting their "sovereignty" over internet access and internet moderation for their county. China does this most famously with "The Great Firewall of China" system. But other countries do in some manner either filter or monitor traffic, much like they do with voice communication.

I'm not saying this is a good situation, or that I like it, but it is unfortunately "inevitable".

Speaking of paranoia, if something should happen to me before I finish this posti........

top topics

join