It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 10 Dead In Minn. School Rampage Updated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OMG!!! That is just plain shocking. Well I can honestly say that we here at ATS had nothing to do with this. However I'm sure the ATS staff will look at all of his posts very thourougly to try and find hints. God help us if we come under investigation. I've seen some of his posts, but the ones I've seen didn't hint such a thing.

Heres something I just found on one of his posts

I am now on Anti-depressants, and just because you've probably never been through anything Like I have doesn't give you the write to say what you have.
-www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if that statement will be brought up during the investigation. On that same thread he mentions a suicide attempt. Scary stuff. Heres his avatar;

Not really a hint, but may have been a sort of a fantasy image.

It's most interesting. He seemed like a pretty nice member. Didn't post much, but has been here since 03'. I wonder if we here at ATS need to be a little more supportive than we are.

Anyhow it's sad to say, but stuff like this is needed to keep the hierarchy under control. As sad as this is to say, I suffered less from the hierarchy right after Columbine.

But really, I have to agree, the schools need to be reformed. It's bad enough that some of the teachers treat us like dirt, but when other students do it, then it's just emotionally devestating. To think that people in the same boat as you have the nerve to treat you like crap...

But as I said before, I know this is sad, but hopefully this will get more media attention. The more the media covers stuff like this the more awarness. I strongly doubt drugs were the problem, even though he was on anti-depreseants. More likely to much crap came his way and he decided to solve things the most effective way he could in his mind.

[edit on 3/22/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

from cyberdude
But really, I have to agree, the schools need to be reformed. It's bad enough that some of the teachers treat us like dirt, but when other students do it, then it's just emotionally devestating. To think that people in the same boat as you have the nerve to treat you like crap...

You are so right about this, my friend. Some of the original news flashes stated that Weise was a loner who had been picked upon by other students.

So, IMO, he strikes back by dressing and acting anti to what they see as normal. He increasingly turns solitary. Inside he is depressed, and over time the depression turns to anger and seething rage. Finally he explodes.

People do not realize how emotionally vulnerable kids are, how they can be devastated by not being accepted, or by taunts. The worst people are the parents of the bullies; as long as it's not their kid being picked on, they don't treat it seriously.

My condolences to each life in that small village that was touched by this.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
aparrently the student admired hitler....

www.ananova.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeah, well I'll admit not all of Hitler's ideas were BS. He had a few good ideas. After all early in the war he was successful. But the fact that he was a hitler admirirer may have been the reason he was picked on.

But thats just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by navajoprophet
This truly makes me sad. I am a 10th grade student at Laguna Creek High School. Last year we almost had an attack but they stopped it. High school these days is so troubling for people. I hate to sound immature when I say this but our school really is full of haters. It makes me sick that people though would be pushed over the edge to do this. All the violence that the youth of my generation are immersed in really is sickening. I

Kudos to you! Aside from yourself and spiderj, it is truly troubling the assumptions I have read thus far in this thread, as well as the other relative to Weise being a member of ATS.

It seems from my perspective anyway, that after reading this thread and the other bringing to light his membership on this site, it was far easier for the crowd to initially just condemn this young man as a product of street drugs while tossing malapropisms his way. When upon learning he represented himself as a very intelligent yet troubled reservation resident ans student, we quickly sought to divorce ourselves from his fame.

I am tremendously grieved for all of the victims, including he, and so saddened that my tears flow effortlesly such that we had a young man whose suicidal tendencies it seems, is known only to ATS thus far, where his mere 16 years of life was fraught with upheaval, bereft of social balance, extremely lacking in sociological sustenance, and the world happily paints him as a maniacal pariah, an outcast through no fault but his own, and worthy of censorship lest we ourselves fall under scrutiny. His victims were innocents, children no older than he, and in many respects, no different to he.

This is but another tragedy, one which it seems was festering for at least a year, and possibly one which could have been prevented given what we here know of this young man, yet we, the collective members of ATS, each and everyone of us wrapped up in our sense of purpose, cannot know the signs, for we have proven to be unqualified, but certainly the psychiatrist who dismissed him one year ago should have had a clue, and the school guidance which confined him to studies at home should have had a clue. Yet, complacency set in and blame is levied on the adolescent, the teenage killer, with no concern for cause. It is possibly even the threads he viewed hours before his rampage would shed some light on his disposition at the time of his travails. How horrible it must have been to be the product of a suicidal father, a brain-dead mother, and God knows what else?

I thank you ever so much Navajaprophet, for your rather mature and insightful post, for it truly is so that the saying: "out of the mouths of babes" (no disrespect meant to age) means something to us dumbed-downed and insensitive adults. One day we will listen to you, the day we get past our obstinence and remember that we too knew as young adults we had much more to share with our elders than we were allowed to.

May God bless every single soul in this incident, and may it be that it was he who called them home.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
His photo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join