It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raccoon whisperer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I like to post some entertainment from time to time to break up the Political monotony , you know keep a balance of levity.

www.youtube.com...

Lol I love Raccoons with there thumbs and intelligent eyes , Everywhere I live a Raccoon always seems to show up and eat what ever Cat or Dog food I leave out at night , It takes time but eventually I gain it's trust to the point where its waiting on my poarch at night just lookng at me like where's the food ?

My outside Cat just shares the food I've seen them eat from the same bowl simultaneously .

edit on 10-4-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: typo / grammar

edit on 10-4-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

Not sure what's wrong with the Link .

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

This part doesn't work in YouTube embeds

&t=136s

Also raccoons are pretty adorable. Though we had some pretty fat sassy, glossy, well fed, brazen ones in the tree outside my old place you didn't want to mess around with.

Also, one time while trapping bats in Stanley park, we had raccoons battling skunks over the bats we left hanging in bags. It was a fierce battle both skunks and raccoons sound terrifying when they fight. I guess both thought the bats would make a tasty treat...and a homeless guy had been feeding them fish heads before we showed up. So the raccoons and skunks were feeki.g pretty ballsy I spose.

Bats are very light, like 8-20 grams, We needed to leave them in bags and let them poop so the weight of their poop in their little bat bellies didn't make their weight measurement inaccurate. Science yo.
edit on 10/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I found this guy about a year ago and the videos a fun to watch...they are even well behaved at that...with all that food!

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
I found this guy about a year ago and the videos a fun to watch...they are even well behaved at that...with all that food!

Sure, but one of these days he’s going to run out of food for them and then someone will find his skeleton picked clean on the porch the next morning.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

My wife and I have been watching for over a year too.
Before he went 'viral'.
Amazing watching his channel grow after the OP video blew up.
Approaching 18 million views!
"getch ya bum!! Conner Cat...

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Sure, but one of these days he’s going to run out of food for them and then someone will find his skeleton picked clean on the porch the next morning.

yeah I'm pretty sure they don't look at him and think 'Friend'
instead, they look at him and think 'Food'

I couldn't watch that clip without thinking about 'The Great Outdoors' (John Candy).

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Thanks for reminding me about this guy. I saw some his early videos, but he was feeding only a few at the time. Now it's a proper feeding orgy!

It reminds me of those Nathan hotdog eating contests and the hotdog scene in Meet Dave.

a reply to: dug88

I lived in Vancouver for five years, not to far from Stanley Park. Every evening I'd see racoons scavenging for scraps around the waterfront, all the way to Canada Place where the cruise ships were anchored. Most residential buildings had garbage collected internally, so slim pickings for the racoons. However, a lot of people would eat their lunches/snacks on the benches along the seafront, so I'm sure there were always scraps for them. They were always nice and plump!

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My first ever double post... How did that happen?

edit on 11-4-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And then there's Brian, trying to act normal!

new topics

top topics

join