It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is exploring a health record tool for patients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The least evil company in the world™ has begun exploring ideas for ways it can enter the world of medical record management.

They hope to create a tool users can use to view, organize and share their medical data. The system would work in conjuction with existing medical portals, which Google also hopes to update and sink their claws into.

www.statnews.com...

After 13 years, Google is coming back for patient health records. The tech giant has launched an early user feedback program aimed at exploring how patients might want to see, organize, and share their own medical record data.

The work could inform the creation of a consumer-facing medical records tool along the lines of Apple’s Health Records app. It also follows an early attempt by Google — later panned by medical experts — at creating a new version of the electronic medical record in 2008. This time around, timing may be on the company’s side

Google is currently recruiting about 300 patients for its health records study from community health facilities and academic medical centers in Northern California, Atlanta, and Chicago who use Epic as their medical record vendor. The study is only open to patients who use Android devices.

In a statement, a Google spokesperson said the company was “running a user feedback program to test features that give users the ability to collect health information from their provider patient portals,” and added that any health data gathered as part of the feedback program will not be sold or used for Google ads. The information will be encrypted and stored in the cloud, the spokesperson said.

The move follows Google’s other recent health records work in Care Studio, a search tool that assists clinicians with navigating patients’ medical records.

Personally, I just hope this hits the google graveyard sooner rather than later. The idea of google being in control of medical records is somewhat terrifying.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

and added that any health data gathered as part of the feedback program will not be sold or used for Google ads

Well there’s the most brazen lie i’ve seen this year (so far).

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And my doctor wonders why I don't want to sign up for my
medical records and appointments being made online...

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Actually they got into DNA share of information with companies that do the DNA reading for fun, yep is true, information buying and selling of users is still big business but people send their stuff willingly in the internet this days.

When it comes to medical records in order for Google to get into medical records it has to be by government contract and is not going to happen, because of HIPPA laws, but as long as people keep giving their medical information willingly in the internet like they give their DNA is up and open for business and in the claws of the likes like Google.

China is having a blast with all this, specially DNA sites.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

And my doctor wonders why I don't want to sign up for my
medical records and appointments being made online...

Don't worry- all of your records are stored just as insecurely as everyone who DOES sign up for online access-
so when they get breached, the "hackers" will get your data, too.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

There's already a large healthcare management system in place - MyChart.

Many doctors, hospitals and medical practices use it. The "provider" side of the system is called Epic, the patient side is called MyChart.

I've seen and used it in all of the places I've received treatment in the past 15 years - CA, NJ, NY, VA & CT

I find it very useful and use it all the time.

Just my $0.02.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We need some massive privacy legislation yesterday.
Tech "companies" need brought down a notch.

top topics

join