It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open discussion: Do we have a right to know who the new site owners are?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

discord.gg...

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Given that there are no more Ads, revenue from same appears to not be a priority for this new owner as much as keeping the site alive with the current small pool of contributors without being identified. Even though multiple threads have been generated enquiring about the new owners ID, of which its almost certain this new owner has seen, no information beyond the original announcement has been forthcoming.

Whats that tell you?

It tells me that the owner is either a introverted philanthropist (possible member) or the NSA.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm going with our new owner being THIS GUY:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It tells me that the owner is either a introverted philanthropist (possible member) or the NSA.

It's the Cheeryble brothers (see Nicholas Nickleby, passim).

edit on 10-4-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I can't confirm it but I just saw an ad for ATS claiming, "For the Best Conspiracy Threads in The Whole Wide World come to ATS".

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ol Mike you reckon? Well, at least the ATS merchandise shop might look a lot better, as in, functioning.

I could do with a nice new *Conspillow to go with my mug I also don't have that I didn't purchase from the existying ATS merchandise shop with all the 500 point bonuses accumulated over the years.

(conspiracy pillow).

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm going with our new owner being THIS GUY:

If that were true, we'd have seen an info-mercial by now.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have a feeling the new owner is far more interested in simply keeping this site online than any kind of public display that would divert attention from the actual purpose of this forum.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What if...Trump bought ATS? I can see it now,many
having a fit over it.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

What if it was Putin? And now, we're all Russian trolls?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Your conclusion is unwarranted. The NSA does not need to "own" ATS to scrape off all relevant information any more than it needs to own your telephone number or email address. It's an unnecessary expense.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I would still be okay if Putin did,I used to have a Russian
daughter-in-law.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
First off, I’m not out to attack what some may perceive as a lack of transparency over the change in site ownership. It’s their business, and they get to run it how they see fit. But with that said...what’s a reasonable expectation from the users here at ATS that fill the site with content and generate the ad revenue?

If say, George Soros bought the site...wouldn’t that change our perception of it? Or if George Knapp stepped in and bought it, might that motivate some to post more about UFO’s?

If Google bought it, maybe I start second guessing what I post here. What if this became a data mining site (which I suppose it could be regardless of who owns it)? Or what if it was going to be used to censor a certain ideology and promote another?

So my question, as in the title...do we have a reasonable right to know? Or are we bound to just posting or not posting no matter who the new boss is.

Mods, sorry if this belongs in a different forum, I just looked at it more as general chit chat than anything.

🍻

My wife’s uncle bought it. We’re all screwed, he’s nuts.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's not like any of us were on a first name basis or having beers with the last owners so who cares really .

This is one of the last places on the whole of the Web that is not just a Lefty echo chamber and so long as that does not change I'm a happy man .

So as far as I'm concerned Count Dracula could be the owner , I don't care .

Pushing the Subject of Identifying the owner could make the new owner uncomfortable, maybe the contract is conditional upon the owner staying anonymous , So just leave it alone and stop being nosy it's just business .

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I sleep easier knowing that MyATS keeps me current on threads I’ve posted in...

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can't confirm it but I just saw an ad for ATS claiming, "For the Best Conspiracy Threads in The Whole Wide World come to ATS".

ATS is running a special on 'DBza Dream Sheets'

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

So as far as I'm concerned Count Dracula could be the owner , I don't care .

Close. I didn't want to let slip the secret a little bird told me. You may have heard of him, Toucan Sam.

It's actually a new three amigos. Count Chocula and the Berry brothers, Frank and Boo. The bidding war was intense. Snap, Crackle, and Pop had CIA money behind them, but the Berry brothers had spent considerable time as IT contractors for Soros in Germany. They were the ones switching votes on the Frankfurt Dominion servers. So, they were owed a favor and now they own the site.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

ATS is running a special on 'DBza Dream Sheets'

If you order now, I'll lay in the sheets and sweat in them for no additional charge!

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Your conclusion is unwarranted. The NSA does not need to "own" ATS to scrape off all relevant information any more than it needs to own your telephone number or email address. It's an unnecessary expense.

You seem to know a lot about NSA priorities and budget habits...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join