It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Shooting at minnesota school

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There has been a shooting incident at Red Lake High School resulting in several injuries and deaths.

There have been 6 unconfirmed deaths reported.

The gunman then is reported to have killed himself.

Link
L ink 2




[edit on 21/3/05 by Klepto]




posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm so tired of hearing about events like this. It's so very saddening. But, for those wanting more info:


Lot's of small articles about this event. Try this link to Googles list of articles about this event.

Google Links

-VW



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I hust checked out that google link.. I can't believe there had been so many high school shottings..

aparently there were 14 injured and 8 fatalities.

[edit on 21/3/05 by Klepto]



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
oops, I just posted a news article on this, I'm sorry but I was writing it for a little while and didn't see that somebody got to it before I did.

Apologies, should I delete the thread or simply add your link?

Moot point, I edited and ZZZ buried it in the backyard for me.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just to clarify, my previous post with the Google link takes you to a Google page with 200+ articles about the shooting reported in Klepto's post.

-VW



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Apologies, should I delete the thread or simply add your link?
[edit on 21-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]


no apology necessary. I can't imagine the motivation behind this incident.. wonder which band will be stated as being responsible for the actions indirectly... no doubt the witch hunt will be on from the media masses.

This is very unfortunate.



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, if it's the NWO, this would serve many of their purposes. It kills at least three birds with one stone; erodes native Indian autonomy on reservation land, pushes gun control, and highlights the 'urgent need' for psychological testing in schools, and of course medicating those students who display any sign of inteligence or the ability to question authority.



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Well, if it's the NWO, this would serve many of their purposes. It kills at least three birds with one stone; erodes native Indian autonomy on reservation land, pushes gun control, and highlights the 'urgent need' for psychological testing in schools, and of course medicating those students who display any sign of inteligence or the ability to question authority.


While reading reports about this event, I did notice that it took place on reservation land. WyrdeOne, are you aware of other types of event's like this happening on reservations? Enough times to make people who are aware take notice? Just curious. I hate what our ancestors did to the North American Indians. If anything makes my blood boil, this is one of them. And no, I do not have any North American blood.

-VW



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, the Native Americans get their crops destroyed, their supposedly tax free cigarettes confiscated, their medical needs ignored, their treaties broken, and their sons and daughters agressively recruited by the armed forces specifically for front line duty; I guess that's some sort of sick attempt to wipe the rest of them out.

We did some horrible things to those people in the name of a supposedly loving God. It does make one ill doesn't it?

I say reparations are in order. Give the whole damn country back to the Native Americans, and ask nicely to be allowed to stay and pay rent. It's the only decent thing to do.

Yisrael gets the West Bank back, after what, 1000 years? The Native Americans deserve every acre, every tree, every stone and every animal. They don't want to own it anyway, they're willing to share it with us, as long as we respect their lifestyle and their territories.



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Well, the Native Americans get their crops destroyed, their supposedly tax free cigarettes confiscated, their medical needs ignored, their treaties broken, and their sons and daughters agressively recruited by the armed forces specifically for front line duty; I guess that's some sort of sick attempt to wipe the rest of them out.

We did some horrible things to those people in the name of a supposedly loving God. It does make one ill doesn't it?

I say reparations are in order. Give the whole damn country back to the Native Americans, and ask nicely to be allowed to stay and pay rent. It's the only decent thing to do.

Yisrael gets the West Bank back, after what, 1000 years? The Native Americans deserve every acre, every tree, every stone and every animal. They don't want to own it anyway, they're willing to share it with us, as long as we respect their lifestyle and their territories.



Well said indeed! I don't currently support any "help solve this problem" organizations, but when I do, it will to be support efforts to help North American Indians. This might sound rather glibe, but I've been sickly all my life, and as a consequnce I've lived near or belw the poverty line most of my adult life. I have a sincere hope that somedaybody I will be able to help a group deserving of much, such as the North American Indians.

And so as not to get OOT here, these shooting events are getting way out of hand. In fact, I've been supicious since before the Columbine shootings. I would not for a moment be shocked, if I were to find out that a non-random group is influencing people to do these horrible things. And no, I don't mean our society in general, though it's a sellable factor.

-VW

[edit on 21-3-2005 by VisionWithin]



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why is it that this shooting has gotten so little publicity? Is it being ignored because of the Shiavo case? School shootings used to mean reporters flooding to the scene and covering every angle for days upon days. The 'breaking news' of this school shooting literally came HOURS after the incident rather than minutes, and even now very little information is televised. Are there even any reporters at the scene or in the area?

Jemison



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I found an article (and picture) of the teenager responsible for this recent shooting. For those who do not like "The Smoking Gun" website, be aware the below link will take you there.

Jeff Weise mentioned on Smoking Gun's site

Very sad. The right kind of parent might have prevent this.

-VW



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Jemison,

its had huge publicity over her... less so than the schiavo case... i thinks its probably playing down the incident in your media...



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
cleared for personal reasons relating to ATS PR, and, at this late date of editing, other issues as well.

Want the whole story thats on ATS? go here, it's well...provactive to say the least.

Weise on ATS, and ATS's members on Weise

-VW

[edit on 23-3-2005 by VisionWithin]

[edit on 24-3-2005 by VisionWithin]



posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
[edit on 21-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]
I can't imagine the motivation behind this incident.. wonder which band will be stated as being responsible for the actions indirectly... no doubt the witch hunt will be on from the media masses.


I heard on the radio, local MN radio, that the kid that did it apparently [endured] some severe psychological trauma. His father committed suicide a while back, and his mother would beat him occasionally, but severely, and an exclusive recording and testimony stated that his mother would sit around and scream at him about how he was a “worthless mistake”. Then he was sent to live with his grandparents. Even though he did it, it’s still bad parenting on his mother and [father’s] part. And even though he’s the one that did it, I say his parent’s should have to pay some too for doing that to their son.



posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Masashi, welcome to the site.

The shooter was a member here. You can read his posts here



posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This What is happening to our children is the reverse of the aversion therapy portrayed in the movie A Clockwork Orange. In A Clockwork Orange, a brutal sociopath, a mass murderer, is strapped to a chair and forced to watch violent movies while he is injected with a drug that nauseates him. So he sits and gags and retches as he watches the movies. After hundreds of repetitions of this, he associates violence with nausea, and it limits his ability to be violent.

Every time a child plays an interactive video game, he is learning the exact same conditioned reflex skills as a soldier or police officer in training.

We are doing the exact opposite: Our children watch vivid pictures of human suffering and death, and they learn to associate it with their favorite soft drink and candy bar, or their girlfriend's perfume.

After the Jonesboro shootings, one of the high-school teachers asked how her students reacted when she told them about the shootings at the middle school. "They laughed," she told me with dismay. A similar reaction happens all the time in movie theaters when there is bloody violence. The young people laugh and cheer and keep right on eating popcorn and drinking pop. We have raised a generation of barbarians who have learned to associate violence with pleasure, like the Romans cheering and snacking as the Christians were slaughtered in the Colosseum.

The result is a phenomenon that functions much like AIDS, which I call AVIDS--Acquired Violence Immune Deficiency Syndrome. AIDS has never killed anybody. It destroys your immune system, and then other diseases that shouldn't kill you become fatal. Television violence by itself does not kill you. It destroys your violence immune system and conditions you to derive pleasure from violence.

Oops, gotta go, it's time for FEAR FACTOR!!



posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortean
Every time a child plays an interactive video game, he is learning the exact same conditioned reflex skills as a soldier or police officer in training.

We are doing the exact opposite: Our children watch vivid pictures of human suffering and death, and they learn to associate it with their favorite soft drink and candy bar, or their girlfriend's perfume.

After the Jonesboro shootings, one of the high-school teachers asked how her students reacted when she told them about the shootings at the middle school. "They laughed," she told me with dismay. A similar reaction happens all the time in movie theaters when there is bloody violence. The young people laugh and cheer and keep right on eating popcorn and drinking pop. We have raised a generation of barbarians who have learned to associate violence with pleasure, like the Romans cheering and snacking as the Christians were slaughtered in the Colosseum.

The result is a phenomenon that functions much like AIDS, which I call AVIDS--Acquired Violence Immune Deficiency Syndrome. AIDS has never killed anybody. It destroys your immune system, and then other diseases that shouldn't kill you become fatal. Television violence by itself does not kill you. It destroys your violence immune system and conditions you to derive pleasure from violence.


Well, I can agree to your statement that this generation has become desensitized to violence. But there is a distinct difference between what is seen on the video games and movies that we watch. Any sane person can make the distinction to what is real and what's not.

The fact is, Marilyn Manson had nothing to do with the Columbine shootings. Violent video games didn't make the boys pull the trigger in Jonesboro.

The real problem starts at home and in the schools themselves. I know that parents can't keep their eyes on their children 24/7. But if these parents had any involvement in their children's lives, don't you think that they might have figured out that something was wrong? And what about the schools? Every time a shooting occurs you hear something about how the kids were bullied. So where was the school authorities? Were they doing anything to help?

Point in case: there was a transfer student that was sent to the highschool that I went to. The school he was being sent from withheld records that he was violent from my highschool to get him off of their hands. If McLuer North had known, maybe that kid wouldn't have found a 15 year old girl alone in the restroom, and maybe he wouldn't have beaten her to death.

The simple fact of the matter is that these kids were let down by the administration. I'm not going to place 100% of the blame on them, but they are a large part.

There is also this whole talk of how our schools are so dangerous and that we have to beef up security and force them to wear ID's, and subject them to locker searches and psychological evaluations if they say something that could even be construed as remotely threatening. Is that a healthy environment for a kid? But here is my question: who is aware of the fact that the most victimization to children in the elementary through highschool range is committed between the hours of 3 and 6pm, when they are not at school and no one is there to watch them? Sounds to me like the schools are safer than the streets.

Even though I think that more than anything juvenile violence could be curbed by more involvement from family and schools, there is the simple truth that it all boils down to the choices that we make. And as long as people continue to make these types of choices, even if they are out of desperation, tragedies like this will keep happening.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by toechopper]



posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Anyone know where those Wiese posts went to?



posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That whacko was a member here?


Wow, I thought he was into all that Nazi stuff...not aliens and what not...
Weird............

Yeah though, give up the posts!



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join