It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why not a one click, log on button, to log onto ATS / BTS / PTS???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
because i am lazy and because i delete my internet history a lot, i suggest a one click, log on button, to log onto ATS / BTS / PTS at the same time...

this would be great...

instead of logging on to ATS, BTS and then PTS, members could log onto ALL three with one click per se...

any thoughts???

EDIT:

this is what i mean:

a log in screen that you type your password and name and it logs you on ATS / BTS / PTS...

[edit on 21-3-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This has been brought up before. Suffice to say, if you use ATS/PTS/BTS you'll stay logged in. If you don't stay logged in, well odds are you don't need to be. Also, such a button is a drag to make given the setup of the three boards.

Go be lazy elsewhere! Like with homework!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
This has been brought up before. Suffice to say, if you use ATS/PTS/BTS you'll stay logged in. If you don't stay logged in, well odds are you don't need to be. Also, such a button is a drag to make given the setup of the three boards.

Go be lazy elsewhere! Like with homework!

this button is a great idea though

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah, well, so is free food, but you don't see ATS Admins dishin' out (pun probaby intended) meals.

Just, you know, never log off.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Your login is saved in a cookie and the sites are on different domains so you have to login once to each site to set the cookie for each domain.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

as posted by they see ALL
because i am lazy and because i delete my internet history a lot, i suggest a one click, log on button, to log onto ATS / BTS / PTS at the same time...

You want something to make your life easier, because your too lazy to remember your name and password?

Ummm, no?!
Why?
Two reasons:
1) ATS doesn't revolve around you.
2) Simply re-read what you wrote that I quoted above.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You want something to make your life easier, because your too lazy to remember your name and password?

Ummm, no?!
Why?
Two reasons:
1) ATS doesn't revolve around you.
2) Simply re-read what you wrote that I quoted above.

seekerof

you know how stupid that post was???

this would HELP everyone...

i don't think it is possible but it would be a cool feature...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Don't start with me, they see ALL.
I'd eat you for breakfast.

It is blatantly apparent, though not obvious to you, why there is the need for a log in process, eh? Security? Prevent those from gaining unauthorized access to your account and logging on to use it? Etc.?

You said it yourself, not me: your lazy.
You so lazy, that you now want to feature that will allow you to "one click" log in to all ATS related boards. Again, apparanetly, you are not too terribly "lazy" to delete your internet history though, right? Just "lazy" in that because you do that, when you come back to ATS, you have to re-log back in. Hmmm, yes, I can see just how terribly difficult that must or could be.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thoughts?

Well I've always really wanted to date a surfer girl, but theres not really that many in Scotland. And seriously, whats with my hair today? Is it the new conditioner thats flattening it out? It's lacking authority.

Oh right, an issue, well, don't be so lazy. Your fingers need the exercise.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Set a favorite to www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't delete your history so often, and then it won't be an issue....

Deleting history about once a week is fine, but more than that is a bit paranoid, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Don't start with me, they see ALL.
I'd eat you for breakfast.

It is blatantly apparent, though not obvious to you, why there is the need for a log in process, eh? Security? Prevent those from gaining unauthorized access to your account and logging on to use it? Etc.?

You said it yourself, not me: your lazy.
You so lazy, that you now want to feature that will allow you to "one click" log in to all ATS related boards. Again, apparanetly, you are not too terribly "lazy" to delete your internet history though, right? Just "lazy" in that because you do that, when you come back to ATS, you have to re-log back in. Hmmm, yes, I can see just how terribly difficult that must or could be.

seekerof

from now on, don't take my posts literaly...

for the record, i usually never log off ATS / BTS / PTS...

it is not a "security" risk for me...

this is what i mean:

a log in screen that you type your password and name and it logs you on ATS / BTS / PTS...

this would be great...

o0o yea...

i eat seekerof's for lunch...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Set a favorite to www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't delete your history so often, and then it won't be an issue....

Deleting history about once a week is fine, but more than that is a bit paranoid, don't you think?

by a lot i meant about once a month

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Now that's actually a pretty good idea...
now that it's clarified....

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure but I think a login that encompasses 3 sites adds extra processes to the server. Slowing it down, which is never good.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Now that's actually a pretty good idea...
now that it's clarified....

yeah sry i was in a rush...

forgive me

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'm not sure but I think a login that encompasses 3 sites adds extra processes to the server. Slowing it down, which is never good.

Good point, Nerdling. And to top that, it involves the time to code and program such.

Ideas are always welcome, but in submitting those ideas, sometimes I wonder whether some really think about what is required to simply do what they are asking for or proposing. Ideas are often times far easier to come up with then to impliment.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Good point, Nerdling. And to top that, it involves the time to code and program such.

Ideas are always welcome, but in submitting those ideas, sometimes I wonder whether some really think about what is required to simply do what they are asking for or proposing. Ideas are often times far easier to come up with then to impliment.

seekerof

how am i supposed to know that it involves "the time to code and program such"???

i don't even think this is true...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's common sense for you to think about what it would take to implement this change. Changes have to be written by SkepticOverlord who is already busy busy.

ATS has fantastic infrastructure, be thankful for that instead of asking for more, more, more.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i don't even think this is true...

When you say this, are we to believe you are being serious? Or not? Its hard to tell.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Great idea...YES PLEASE to one button log on.
This would end the issue I have been having of posting on a freinds loggon. I now have learned to log in the prerequisit 4 times if you include chat.....

YES to one button log ons!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join