It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shortages: Bicycles and Boats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ElGoobero

I don’t know about boats or bicycles, but appliances are an absolute nightmare right now.
I need a new cooktop and I might be resorting to EBay or FB marketplace soon....

Just wait for the 5G rollout to be completed and the inevitable smart appliances to follow will explode on the market. Might even be required. The tech will be awesome, at the cost of any remaining privacy.

My new stove has WiFi. You can control the stove, kind of, from a smart phone. Same with my garage door openers. I can open or close them from five states away. I'm so thrilled to be able to control my stove in Seattle from Colorado. Can't wait to use this useful feature.

Some of this will be more useful to hackers than to us.

Sorry to drift off topic OP.

No, that's an excellent point. You don't have to turn this stuff on. It's worth spending some energy to ensure it stays off.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Imagine in a year there'll be an abundance of used boats and RVs.

When the novelty is off, and folks discover these get expensive when you don't know what you're doing with storage and maintenance. Halfway under a tarp in the street is not storage....

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I noticed last year the bicycle dept. at Walmart went bare for a couple of months. They managed to restock for Christmas but it was getting noticeably bare again in March. Covid was really hard on the supply chains last year and there is still some noticeable shortages in some products.

Clean Shower was impossible to get for a couple of months but they seem to be restocking the grocery stores now on that.

<< 1  2   >>

join