It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would your loved ones know what to do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This thread is NOT about Terri Schiavo but instead about YOU.

Would your loved ones know what your wishes were if you suddenly keeled over during dinner and by the time they got you to the hospital you were clinicly brain dead? Would your family be torn apart in the fight to keep you on a machine or set your soul free? Would your brain dead body be dragged thru the courts in a bitter dispute that helps no one, especially yourself?

I've been asking myself these questions lately, yes the questions were inspired by the daily news, but what if I were the one the fight was over? What if someone was conspiring to kill me, as has been charged against Shiavo's husband.

I think a living will is not only something thats called for but a very unselfish and loving act that everyone should do for those they might suddenly leave behind. Print one out, fill it out and put it in a safe place so that there will be no dispute as to what your wish's are.

Here is a link to a site with the forms. They are free:

www.hcdecisions.org...

It's the least you can do for those that you love.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
A living will is a very good idea Wupy. That would save our
families from alot of harsh decisions and agony over what to
do. And since it's free it would'nt hurt to have one (a living will).

Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Living Wills aren't always a good idea. Most are too vague for one thing. The better bet is to give the power of attorney to your loved one to be contingent on you ever being deemed incapacitated. Most states allow the spouse this anyhow, but if legalized ahead of time, it's a no-brainer.

Since the Schiavo case is a local one for us, that's what my wife and I have done, and we each have discussed this in some detail. That helps as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thats a good idea Gaz. It wouldn't cover many people though, such as myself.

I live alone. My children are grown and moving off into their own lives. We love and care for one another but i'm not sure how they would react in such a situation as the one at hand.

I have a daughter who is Wiccan, a son who is indifferant to spirituality and then my youngest daughter who is a christian. If I ended up in a situation like that it could get ugly.

A living will may not be much, but it will atleast mean I can still speak for myself when I am no longer able to speak for myself.

This is a topic that i'd love to get many opinions on, if only for my own clarity.

Love and light,

Wupy

new topics

top topics

join