It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptologist Zahi Hawass Announces Discovery of Lost ‘Golden’ City in Luxor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The pictures they posted looks like a catastrophe occurred which blew the tops off the buildings , (they should find human remains) and then buried it.

The reason we mostly find ruins without roofs is because roofs need maintenance and will collapse as soon as the wooden supports rot. Everything that is not stone deteriorates with time, hence you are left with a bunch of walls.

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
According to Hawass the new ruler abandoned the city to make a new one elsewhere.
Sorry but why leave so many daily use items lying around-does not make sense.

People leave things behind when moving. Half-ton stone ovens with old molds and broken pottery would be some of those things.

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
I don't know hardly anything about ancient Egypt, so i'm wondering, is it interesting that the writing on that jug in the picture isn't hieroglyphics?
Maybe trade from somewhere else?

It looks like Hieratic, which is Egyptian.

originally posted by: bluesfreak
?? Buried then. By what ? When? Wonder if that Burckle crater has anything to do with it . Mega tsunamis washing up Egypt putting deposition sand everywhere .

Sphinx was originally found buried in sand up to its head. In the desert wind constantly blows dust and covers things if they're abandoned.

"things left like it was yesterday" part doesn't mean they've found a table with dinner still on it and people sitting around. What it actually means is that they've found objects lying around that were not looted yet.

to the team's great surprise

This is the part that needs to be questioned. They've used the ground penetrating radar long time ago and they were perfectly aware of places that contain ruins. September 2020, well into the pandemic, they've suddenly started excavating this place and they've found city of gold. Just in time to revive tourism

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Sphinx was originally found buried in sand up to its head. In the desert wind constantly blows dust and covers things if they're abandoned.
a reply to: iknowyou

Obviously we don’t know many details yet , only what’s been released.
Sounds a bit odd to me though , have looked at pics of this, quite a lot of stuff to be left lying about and never looted or stolen.
I don’t know any craftsmen, builders or labourers who’d ever leave their tools, dies, amulet making equipment or anything lying around on a job let alone AFTER a job...(!)
and as for the Sphinx , have always wondered how it’s SO eroded when it’s apparently been buried for thousands of years , or over half the time it’s existed. Other AE temples etc found ‘up to their necks ‘ in sand weren’t so damaged/eroded were they?
I’m not anti Hawass like many, everyone has their masters to report to and he has never been an exception. Hard to blame all Egyptology problems on him , it’s a bigger picture .
What is odd is the description given to us, about its state of preservation , the amount of artifacts ‘left behind ‘ ( and never looted over thousands of years) skeletons of humans and animals .
All this “left behind” stuff never adds up to me. Humans find value/use in everything , it would all have been either taken ,re used ,re purposed or thoroughly vandalised.
Looking forward to more pics and info really..

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

a reply to: iknowyou

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST, connectivity issues, don’t know how it happened. Mods can remove this copy if you like!! Sorry guys

Obviously we don’t know many details yet , only what’s been released.
Sounds a bit odd to me though , have looked at pics of this, quite a lot of stuff to be left lying about and never looted or stolen.
I don’t know any craftsmen, builders or labourers who’d ever leave their tools, dies, amulet making equipment or anything lying around on a job let alone AFTER a job...(!)
and as for the Sphinx , have always wondered how it’s SO eroded when it’s apparently been buried for thousands of years , or over half the time it’s existed. Other AE temples etc found ‘up to their necks ‘ in sand weren’t so damaged/eroded were they?
I’m not anti Hawass like many, everyone has their masters to report to and he has never been an exception. Hard to blame all Egyptology problems on him , it’s a bigger picture .
What is odd is the description given to us, about its state of preservation , the amount of artifacts ‘left behind ‘ ( and never looted over thousands of years) skeletons of humans and animals .
All this “left behind” stuff never adds up to me. Humans find value/use in everything , it would all have been either taken ,re used ,re purposed or thoroughly vandalised.
Looking forward to more pics and info really..

edit on 12-4-2021 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join