It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL player Phillip Adams murders reknowed Dr. and family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
NFL player Phillip Adams murders Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70; his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69; their two grandchildren, and James Lewis, 39, who was working at the home when he was struck by gunfire. Adams was a former patient and his parents lived near by.

Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70, and his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69, were pronounced dead at the scene along with grandchildren Adah Lesslie, 9, and Noah Lesslie, 5.

Dr. Lesslie had worked for decades as an ER doctor in Rock Hill, board-certified in both emergency medicine and occupational medicine and serving as ER medical director for nearly 15 years at Rock Hill General Hospital. He went on to found two urgent care centers in the area and wrote a weekly medical column for The Charlotte Observer. He also wrote a book, “Angels in the ER,” collecting what he termed “inspiring true stories” from his time in the emergency department.

“I know without a doubt that life is fragile,” Lesslie wrote, according to an excerpt. “I have come to understand that humility may be the greatest virtue. And I am convinced we need to take the time to say the things we deeply feel to the people we deeply care about.”

There seems to be a media black-out on this story and I can't imagine why. Some MSN's are not even reporting this horrific murder, while other do report, but leave out the suspect.
I find that suspicious in it's self.
edit on V432021Thursdayam30America/ChicagoThu, 08 Apr 2021 09:43:59 -05001 by Violater1 because: BAD NFL

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why? What is rest of the story?

Found the story. Sounds like Dr. may have treated him. He was a former player, so I bet CTE was probably involved.
edit on 8-4-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yeah, as edumakated said, why?

Your missing a link.

Because this is very sad, and I am curious about motive.
edit on 8-4-2021 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'd like to see a source...will look.
EDT:
apnews.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

No motive suggested in the AP article.
Killer was a patient at one time.
Killer's parents lived nearby.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

My guess is he was being prescribed opioids, the doctor refused to refill and he went off.

Just a guess, though.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

If I had to venture a guess, I would say this is a result of years of playing football/CTE... sadly, we have seen similar issues with players after their playing days.. CTE is a scary thing.. I wrote a college paper on CTE/Athletes a good decade ago.. It was very eye opening when i was conducting my research.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Looks like its being reported He killed Himself too. Just popped up on My ESPN App
edit on 8-4-2021 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot
My guess is he was being prescribed opioids, the doctor refused to refill and he went off.

Just a guess, though.

Easier to go doctor shopping. Most likely CTE as someone else already mentioned.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this story will not get much attention in the MSM.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'd like to see a source...will look.
EDT:
apnews.com...

I've had some of my post's trashed, that I spent a lot of time working on. So I'm a little edgy on giving my snarky opinion, and leaving any links (that would violate T&C).
I'll give you that facts, and you can decide to look them up.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just a guess, though.

Easier to go doctor shopping. Most likely CTE as someone else already mentioned.

What is CTE?
2nd line.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Just a guess, though.

What is CTE?
2nd line.

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy

Link to CTE

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Degenerative brain disease caused by repeated blows to the head.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Just a guess, though.

What is CTE?
2nd line.

He got hit in the head too many times.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Just a guess, though.

This story really needs more details. I got a ding on my phone earlier about this but not much is known.

My question to you is why go straight to opioids?

link   

Just a guess, though.

What is CTE?
2nd line.

CTE is the medical term for brain damage from repeated blows/concussions to the head. It is common in football players and boxers. Although some other sports (extreme sports, wrestling) have sufferers as well. Basically any sport where you are likely to get knocked up side the head frequently.

It seems one of the common results is depression / suicidal tendencies. I don't know if it also from other drugs, but there have been a number of high profile athlete suicides / murders over the years.

link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yeah, as edumakated said, why?

well that's easy enough, man wasn't right, got hit in the head to many times while playing de foossball

edit on 8-4-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Important we all focus on CTE as the cause.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Just a guess, though.

What is CTE?
2nd line.

Link to CTE

Oh yes, we call it tauopathies. We also know it as TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.sciencemediacentre.org...
www.sciencedirect.com...

However, there are thousands of patients that have had a TBI or CTE, and don't go around murdering entire families.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join