It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video presented in court of George Floyd yelling that he ate too many pills

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesperA

originally posted by: LastWatcherThe mental gymnastics by people on this site is mind boggling.

Oooooor, those people, unlike you, have watch the entire video of the event & thus knows why he was on the ground...

He believed some web site that said he didnt have his knee on his neck. That was a misquote from testimony heres what their expert witness actually said and unless he can hover magically in the air because his feet were not touching the ground he was on his neck.

www.nytimes.com...

The doctor also rejected the defense’s arguments about drugs, saying that videos show Mr. Floyd breathing at a normal rate before he went unconscious, meaning any fentanyl in his system was “not having an effect” on his breathing.

“A healthy person subjected to what Mr. Floyd was subjected to would have died,” Dr. Tobin said.

edit on 4/9/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LastWatcher
So let me understand this. Let's say, he did say 'I ate too many drugs, man."

So, you, as a cop, after hearing him say 'I ate too many drugs', along with 'I can't breathe.', your goal is to continue obstructing his airways? Even though he's clearly cuffed, surrounded by cops? Crowds, etc -- with no where to run? Even after those two statements, even after the crowd surrounded pleaded with you to let him breath, because they could hear the same thing?

Eh, that kind of looks worst on Chauvins part. Kind of validates the ongoing belief that he was a cool-headed sociopath (not cop), quite content in delivering death upon this man. Let me give you the spoiler: Chauvin is going to jail, period. Deal with it now.

The mental gymnastics by people on this site is mind boggling.

It's amazing what the so called freedom loving anti authority types around here think is ok for the police to behave like, lots of closeted people here.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Exactly until it was there neck some officer was sitting on. This guy had 17 complaints about police brutality 17 most officers have zero. So obviously he handles himself diferently then other officers. If only they had gotten him off the force earlier people like him destroy the police reputation.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Was he also able to measure his pulse from video?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

These experts that the prosecution has paid to come be a witness can do more than measure a pulse from a video, they can also measure the pressure of the knee and how much body weight is being applied.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

With his feet off the ground where do you think his weight went? Is this officer magic and can levitate?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Were the officer's feet in contact with the ground and was he upright or leaned fully forward? There is a science related to physics called statics and dynamics. That science declares that some percentage of the officer's weight was supported by his feet when they were in contact with the ground... the position of the officer's body, whether mostly over those feet in a kneeling position or leaned forward over his knees, dictates how much force he was applying to the criminal and how much was transferred to the ground under his feet.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: vonclod If only they had gotten him off the force earlier.

Would have saved the taxpayers of Minneapolis $27 million dollars. I don't think the family of George Floyd agree with your sentiment, however.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I posted this months ago, this gives the full context of the floyd overdose event. The police treated him with kid gloves for a very long time, he just would not stop resisting, just like the previous video I posted. Also, just like the previous video I posted, he swallowed his "stash" which is why he died. The only thing george was claustrophobic about was the back seat of police cars.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Did you watch the testimony no his feet were not in contact with the ground he had his full weight on him for over 3 min. Lungs work diffrently your lungs work by a muscle moving namely your diaphragm which expands the chest cavity they are in. There are no muscles that expand your lungs directly they work on suction thats why if you pierce a lung they cant work . if he has weight on his chest the lungs cant expand this is how boa constrictors kill. They dont allow the chest cavity to expand and since no muscles actually inflate the lungs the animal cant breath. As far a lethal dose i adressed this in another thread it was not that high for somone who has an opiod addiction. They buid up a tollerance now i dont know if he had an addiction im assuming the coroner did a pathology test. And didnt seem to think fentnyl was the cause of death.

so the person the county pays to determine cause of death seems to think it was not an overdose but several here with their vast medical knowledge has decided otherwise. Who knew we had so many world renown pathologists here.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is clear cut police brutality, no one here would survive that kind of hold for that long. This is not proper use of force and its pretty goddam obvious. Using the knee and the ground can in fact choke the # out of you. If you have ever wrestled, grappled or done any MMA you will soon realize how easy it is to get choked out by a bunch of different ways with way less pressure applied. It bothers me because I know for a fact I can choke someone out using the same technique especially the way his head is positioned. Just a little shift in weight can make all the difference between fatal and non fatal moves. Its really a sensitive balance especially around the upper back/neck area. I am surprised the people that are combat veterans or trained in MMA on this site cannot see that this move if not applied properly can be fatal. This restraint can absolutely be done safely if its done correctly. Unfortunately in this case it was applied for too long and the weight not properly applied.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LastWatcher
So let me understand this. Let's say, he did say 'I ate too many drugs, man."

So, you, as a cop, after hearing him say 'I ate too many drugs', along with 'I can't breathe.', your goal is to continue obstructing his airways? Even though he's clearly cuffed, surrounded by cops? Crowds, etc -- with no where to run? Even after those two statements, even after the crowd surrounded pleaded with you to let him breath, because they could hear the same thing?

Eh, that kind of looks worst on Chauvins part. Kind of validates the ongoing belief that he was a cool-headed sociopath (not cop), quite content in delivering death upon this man. Let me give you the spoiler: Chauvin is going to jail, period. Deal with it now.

The mental gymnastics by people on this site is mind boggling.

Yup. Not only that but he pins him to the ground for over nine minutes, including a couple of minutes when he's clearly lost conciousness instead of offering medical aid.

I don't understand why people are desperate to excuse Chauvin's actions; he's the polar opposite of the vast majority of police who put themselves in harm to protect and serve others.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ask anybody with an asthmatic or somebody who hyperventilates in the family. It's completely doable for somebody undergoing respiratory distress to speak.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Lysergic

These experts that the prosecution has paid to come be a witness can do more than measure a pulse from a video, they can also measure the pressure of the knee and how much body weight is being applied.

That last one is actually quite easy, there are computer models that will do it for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
I posted this months ago, this gives the full context of the floyd overdose event. The police treated him with kid gloves for a very long time, he just would not stop resisting, just like the previous video I posted. Also, just like the previous video I posted, he swallowed his "stash" which is why he died. The only thing george was claustrophobic about was the back seat of police cars.

He was unconscious for the last coupe of minutes of that video, how was he resisting?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

He was unconscious for the last coupe of minutes of that video, how was he resisting?

Yeah, you can't resist after you die from and overdose. Did you miss the other 30 minutes of him resisting?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Yeah, you can't resist after you die from and overdose. Did you miss the other 30 minutes of him resisting?

So if someone resists arrest this gives the police officer the right to kill them? Fascinating logic you have there. See your narrative doesnt work either the officer was negligent because he failed to notice he was unconscious and just sat on him while he died. But most interestingly is your medical degree you seem to be able to tell he is overdosing even though he shows none of the symptoms of an overdose prior. He wasnt sweating or shaking or vomiting he didnt appear sleepy well until he goes unconscious from the officers knee in his neck anyway.

As I already expalined the fentnyl in his system was not considered a lethal dose especially to a user. This is why the coroner well both coroners did not list it as cause of death. I know with your vast medical training you should contact the coroners and tell them what mistakes they make in pathology.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I don't understand why people are desperate to excuse Chauvin's actions; he's the polar opposite of the vast majority of police who put themselves in harm to protect and serve others.

Some here..clearly relish what he did, they love it..why? not going there!

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: bastion

Some here..clearly relish what he did, they love it..why? not going there!

Ive been trying really hard not to assume there is a motive behind it. But i am shocked how many people are ok with a cop killing someone. Guess they figure wont happen to them? Cops have an incredibly hard job people like chauvin make it harder for them. This guy has had 17 excessive force complaints hes shot 3 people in the line of duty. Most officers have never shot anyone why you ask? Because they deescalate the situation.

You know its bad when your fired and other police officers testify against you at your trial.I dont think people realize how rare that is because cops usually assume the cop was trying to do the right thing. And by the way this isnt even the first time he choked someone out.

www.nbcnews.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: slatesteam

Also: what Chauvin did was horrific and wrong. But.

This whole thread in a sentence. At the end of the day, there will always be someone who says "yeah that's pretty bad, but -" and then comes the rationalizing and minimizing and reframing that eventually shrugs off murder as some kind of accident.

You do realize a murder charge requires clear intent, right? At best it would be manslaughter.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join