It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona School to Discipline by Race

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

It hasn't happened yet, but there are talks.

CARD: I was upset about multiple things. Primarily the emphasis on disciplining by race and having measurable goals, I’m using their words, measurable goals to decrease discipline for specifically Black students. That's bothered me. Also, another thing that really stuck out was that they want to measure goals for academic success of Black and Hispanic students. There’s no talk about all students, all races, all genders. It’s very specific, and so those are two of the things that really stood out.

This story is flying under the radar. I think people keep trying to merge two opposing issues, and it won't work.
The first issue is real racism.
The second issue is wanting to correct the first one with REAL racism.

To make my point clear, are there some racist teachers, yes of course. Are they the root cause of all these students getting disciplined, of course not.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I just used a snippet, but this is a good read to show how stupid things are getting.

www.usnews.com...

The report found the rate of lost instruction is more than five times higher in middle and high schools than the elementary school rates – 37 days lost per 100 middle and high school students compared to just seven days per 100 elementary school students.

In addition, the rates for Black students and other students of color are significantly higher than those of white students. Black students lost 103 days per 100 students enrolled, 82 more days than the 21 days their white peers lost due to out-of-school suspensions.
The secretary argued that the guidance did a disservice to schools, creating disruptive classrooms where teachers felt unsafe because they were pressured by school administrators not to report students. But Democrats ripped her for basing the decision to repeal the guidance on an academic study that assumes Black students inherently exhibit poor behavior.

Old Korean saying, A cracked pot will always leak no matter how many times you fill it.

---Fix the dang pot and stop pouring water!!!!!!!!!
edit on 7-4-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

seems like they're fighting "racism" with actual racism.

where/how do they come up with this bs?

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It's only a matter of time before blacks are able to segregate themselves. I guess segregation pushed by democrats won't be racist this time.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

I think discrimination would be a more fitting description than racism (this is the case 95% of the time).

But yes... They are being openly discriminatory.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It's only a matter of time before blacks are able to segregate themselves. I guess segregation pushed by democrats won't be racist this time.

Isn't that where this is headed? It's just a fancy way of segregating.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Canada does this with native Americans. Their race MUST play a part in their sentencing it’s the law and it’s messed up.

www.provincialcourt.bc.ca...

It’s called Gladue factors, which I would not have the privilege of if facing sentencing

I think we should all be treated equally as Canadians under the law. That same logic I would extend to Americans the law should be applied to all in the same fashion.

edit on 7-4-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: mikeone718

I think discrimination would be a more fitting description than racism (this is the case 95% of the time).

But yes... They are being openly discriminatory.

And prejudiced. The term "racist/racism" has been so overused that people have grown complacent on the real meaning of it. They did the same thing with the term, "bigot".

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: LSU2018

Isn't that where this is headed? It's just a fancy way of segregating.

Yes it is. I remember seeing this when Harvard allowed a black only graduation/after party. It was overlooked and ignored by the media.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Correct, and it takes away from the real meaning through overuse.

Doesn't mean this situation isn't disgusting in its own right. It's discrimination, and I'm sure that's got to be tough for kids when people are openly telling them they're being treated based on the color of their skin.

Maybe they'll have separate principals to send the kids to.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That article doesn't even attempt to prove that the suspensions were given out unfairly. There is no mention of any reasons for why the students were suspended.

So they basically could be saying, "Since more of this group get in trouble, then we're going to lighten up their punishment, so that it balances out and is equal to the total punishment given to this other group who get in trouble less."

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

That article doesn't even attempt to prove that the suspensions were given out unfairly.

Exactly!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

They'll be able to self segregate. If any other group does not want to integrate when they want to integrate this will be called racism. You end up creating two (or more) classes of people based on race alone, given then different applications of education and discipline. You'll have a class that's educated, productive, yet will have guilt instilled into them to hate themselves for their success. Then you'll have at least one class that's under or uneducated, non-productive in current society, and a burden that the first class will be forced to carry.

(post by Quantumgamer1776 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Pay Attention ... There is still TIME ....

T he Commonalities Between the Rise of the Nazis and the Tactics of the American Left Cannot be Ignored

This obsession with race led to what is now often referred to as “identity politics.” Identity politics was not invented by the modern American left. It was, in fact, a weapon in the arsenal of the Nazi Party. As the Nazis, using the national media they controlled, sliced and diced the populace into specific identity groups and then promulgated grievance-riddled policies aimed at these manufactured factions in order to foment anger at a specific identity group previously isolated by the party, the Jews. The Democrat party and the left, using the so-called mainstream media, is doing the same among their manufactured identity groups (as defined by race or sexual orientation or ethnicity) in order to foment anger and isolate a specific group: white, heterosexual Christians.

edit on 472021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So the whites get their video games taken, the blacks get the belt, browns public humiliation and commit Seppuku? Latinos are borderline between black an white, so the belt an video game privileges, or just Salsa?

This is culturally appropriate btw.
edit on 7-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
This story is flying under the radar. I think people keep trying to merge two opposing issues, and it won't work.
The first issue is real racism.
The second issue is wanting to correct the first one with REAL racism.

Just think of how far we've come as a culture. After centuries of black wet nurses raising their children, rich whites have now decided black people can't even raise their own children properly. A true feather in the cap for anti-racism.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
“You are not inferior. Your grades may be. Your school may have been. But you can turn all that around and make liars out of those bastards in exactly one hour, when you take that test, pass it, and win!”
at school assembly before the skills test

“Get this disgrace to his race out of here!”
after catching a drug dealer in his school

“Hey, son... put something in your head, not on it!”
removing a student's baseball cap

“If we treat our students like animals, that's exactly how they'll behave!”

Signed - Principal Joe Clark

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
it's the modern way don't you know?

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Oh, Lord.....

....leftists going full retard, again.....with highly HIGHLY predictable future results.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join