It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Administration to Pay $9000 Dollars Retroactively for Every Covid-19 Related Death.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Not much I can do to further the discussion in either case.

Like present evidence to support your insinuations, for example?

I can provide citations directly from administrative code, but I can't make you care about the abuse potential of a COVID death bounty or how it plays into collecting inaccurate data when the people profiting are involved in the process.

You are either misinformed or fabricating things. I'm okay with that, but I'm surprised you are.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I can provide citations directly from administrative code,

Then please do. By all means.
edit on 4/7/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I said I can, not that I will. Here is a CDC guide. If you want specific variations and wording from each state you can look through the administrative code of that state.

From page 8 of the pdf, page 1 of the source document. Bolding is mine:

The funeral director is responsible for filing an accurate and complete death
certificate with the proper registration official, although State laws vary in
specific requirements. The current death certificate contains personal information
about the decedent, medical certification, the signature of the physician or the
medical examiner or coroner, and information dealing with the disposal of the
remains.

You're conflating a medical certification with a death certificate and completely wrong about funeral homes involvement. There are different rules for home deaths without commercial funeral services, but those are relics from when granny got buried at the back of the farm. Death certificates are more clerical than clinical and paying money for a certain conclusion is a great way to get skewed results when the people filling out the forms are direct beneficiaries.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

There's this new thing called "the internet." You should check it out.

At the time, there was an old thing called "sleep" I wanted to check out.

But a quick google search shows that the 2021 budget for FEMA is about $49.8 billion, or roughly about one tenth of what this program would require.

Forget what I said about hurricanes or other natural disasters. FEMA won't be able to afford a Bandaid after this.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Are you saying that death certificates will be altered? By whom?

We're not sure yet. In Pennsylvania they are waiting for the Courts to figure it out. The Wolf Administration changed the way that deaths are reported and several County Coroners are suing over it.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: caterpillage
If all 557,000 get the full 9 grand, that's a cool half tril. Hell your not even talking real money till you get over a trillion, so this program is cheap.

Thanks for the $$$ numbers. You're right... 1/2 Trillion dollars doesn't seem so large after the past 12 months worth of stimulus programs.

It's $5 billion total. All 557,000 would need to get $900,000 each in order for it to be half a trillion. I can support the $5 billion. The last few Cares Act bills piss away much more than that.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
... and the giveaway of our national resources continues ...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The tax increase on families and businesses earning more than $200,000 is going to be devastating.

Doing so before the country has fully recovered from the Democrat-induced recession, is INSANITY on steroids.

Yet Senate majority leader Chuck Schumer forced the Senate Rule Making Parliamentarian to grant him historically unprecedented powers this week.

Source: www.usatoday.com...< br />

The crazies are going to push through huge filibuster-proof spending bills this year, unless a miracle saves us.

(BTW... I considered placing this thread in a Political forum, because there's only so much that can be discussed when it comes to Covid-19 Funeral Reimbursement. I knew this drift would occur. May be a good idea to request that it be moved??)

So if I (theoretically) have a business earning over $200,000, I have several options:
1. Create another business and shift some revenue / expenses there. Maybe that second business will just employ the principals of the first business and allow then 401k or other retirement plans they wouldn't have access to in the first business.
2. Outsource some of the expenses. If I employed family members, I'd encourage them to open their own business and pay their business for their services.
3. Pass those additional taxes along to customers.

There are also numerous other options available, but most businesses will plan accordingly.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Nope. Same ones used to pay for the 2018 tax cuts. But that was more than "several billion", I think.

Tax cuts result in higher tax revenues. This is easily proven throughout - unless of course you are blinded by TDS hate.

What would make sense to me is to retire an equal amount of Treasuries that China holds in US debt as a way to force them to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
So if I (theoretically) have a business earning over $200,000, I have several options:

Option?

If that is what you actually meant, then you do not understand business.

All corporate/business taxes - all of them - are passed on to the customer. Always. It is simply calculated as a cost of doing business.

This is why the corporate/business tax rate should be ZERO.

Corporations, businesses they don't pay taxes. Never have, never will. People do. This is reality, and no amount of nonsensical convoluted discussion can ever change it.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Option?

If that is what you actually meant, then you do not understand business.

All corporate/business taxes - all of them - are passed on to the customer. Always. It is simply calculated as a cost of doing business.

This is why the corporate/business tax rate should be ZERO.

Corporations, businesses they don't pay taxes. Never have, never will. People do. This is reality, and no amount of nonsensical convoluted discussion can ever change it.

Yes, it is an option. I would chose one of several other alternatives first rather than raising prices. What if the majority of my revenue is derived from fixed-bid contracts and prices can't be raised? What if I'm in a competitive industry and the local market won't support a price increase?

I'm not sure how a zero corporate/business tax rate of zero would work. How will that revenue be offset for the state and federal government?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
14 trillion in utter nonsense, 21 trillion disappeared in one congressional session, 39000 per patient on a respirator, 10000 dollars for covid diagnosis, and given we lost that whole 9% of our population (pffft) ok well...700,000 people (......b.....b....but...buWAHAHAHAHHA) Ahem, and their families get 9000 bucks each!? I mean,it couldn't be more obvious they are literally using any and every excuse possible to crash the dollar within 3-5 years and hint hint....if they were truly honest about ANYTHING, THE ANNOUNCEMENT WOUOD HAVE COME AROUND THE MID 90S TO 2000 THAT IT'S ALREADY COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Corporations, businesses they don't pay taxes. Never have, never will. People do. This is reality, and no amount of nonsensical convoluted discussion can ever change it."

What if the majority of my revenue is derived from fixed-bid contracts and prices can't be raised?

Like I said - no amount of nonsensical convoluted discussion can change reality.

If you didn't build the cost into your contract ahead of time, then you made a mistake, and your profit will be less this time, and you'll make it up on the next contract, or you'll go out of business for not understanding reality.

It doesn't change the reality that corporations/businesses don't pay taxes.

What if I'm in a competitive industry and the local market won't support a price increase?

Like I said - no amount of nonsensical convoluted discussion can change reality.

If you didn't build this fact into your business plan ahead of time, then you made a mistake, and your profit will be less this time, and you'll either learn, or you'll go out of business for not understanding reality.

I'm not sure how a zero corporate/business tax rate of zero would work.

Simple. It leaves the property in the hands of the property owner. Reality.

How will that revenue be offset for the state and federal government?

As I said, corporations - businesses - don't pay taxes. People do.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

For someone who always tell others to look it up themselves (maybe not in those words) maybe you should practice what you preach.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Corporations, businesses they don't pay taxes. Never have, never will. People do. This is reality, and no amount of nonsensical convoluted discussion can ever change it."

What if the majority of my revenue is derived from fixed-bid contracts and prices can't be raised?

If you didn't build the cost into your contract ahead of time, then you made a mistake, and your profit will be less this time, and you'll make it up on the next contract, or you'll go out of business for not understanding reality.

It doesn't change the reality that corporations/businesses don't pay taxes.

What if I'm in a competitive industry and the local market won't support a price increase?

If you didn't build this fact into your business plan ahead of time, then you made a mistake, and your profit will be less this time, and you'll either learn, or you'll go out of business for not understanding reality.

I'm not sure how a zero corporate/business tax rate of zero would work.

Simple. It leaves the property in the hands of the property owner. Reality.

How will that revenue be offset for the state and federal government?

As I said, corporations - businesses - don't pay taxes. People do.

OK buddy. I guess millions of restaurants and small businesses should have included a pandemic in their planning and business forecasts. I guess the vendors in Cobb County should have planned on the MLB moving the All-Star Game. Most businesses don't plan for 150 what if's. Obviously since November 4th, some have been planning for a potential increase in taxes.

C corporations do pay taxes...on taxable income before earnings are distributed to shareholders. Then the shareholders pay taxes on dividends. That's the double taxation of a C corp. No amount of nonsensical convoluted discussion can change that.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

OK buddy. I guess millions of restaurants and small businesses should have included a pandemic in their planning and business forecasts.

Ok buddy. But what does that have to do with the fact that corporations/businesses don't pay taxes?

I guess the vendors in Cobb County should have planned on the MLB moving the All-Star Game.

Ok buddy. But what does that have to do with the fact that corporations/businesses don't pay taxes?

Most businesses don't plan for 150 what if's.

The successful ones plan for as much as they can, but... what does that have to do with the fact that corporations/businesses don't pay taxes?

Obviously since November 4th, some have been planning for a potential increase in taxes.

The smart business owners, yes.

C corporations do pay taxes.

No. They don't. They are legal fictions. They don't do anything. People do.

on taxable income before earnings are distributed to shareholders.

Someone writes the check. The customers of the C Corp actually provide the money that is used to pay the tax.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Right. Businesses are smarter than government "thinkers". Higher taxes and expenses are passed to both the employees and consumers. Employees who are consumers get a double whammy.

It's going to be FUN witnessing the public backlash against Joe Biden, with Donald Trump and team chiming in regularly with,

"We told you to be careful what you wish for, America!"

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

(BTW... I considered placing this thread in a Political forum, because there's only so much that can be discussed when it comes to Covid-19 Funeral Reimbursement. I knew this drift would occur. May be a good idea to request that it be moved??)

A word of "thanks!" to our wonderfully responsive ATS moderators for moving this thread to a forum that's more appropriate for the direction the conversation headed, late last night.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Can you explain (in a little detail) how your proposed zero corporate and business tax rate would work?

Would the states and IRS send each tax payer a bill for the revenue they are no longer getting from the corporations, or would it be just the consumers of each type of product those companies sell who would get the bill?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So what is the plan for a young man home from Afghanistan who puts a gun in his mouth and blows on his bedroom wall? Any help for his family? He protected his country and saw more pain than someone who died from a disease that came from China.

Make them pay for it....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join