It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So....where are we as a society???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I find this a very interesting question to truly think on. As in very deep and on a cross cultural/personal level.

As far as societies/civilizations have advanced in the past, we are obviously far more technologically advanced, and by technologically I mean electronically based.

As far as being an advanced civilization, I would say we are devolving from that on a rapid pace at the moment.

We have become a very complacent entity in general. Many expect things to be handed to them. We watch shows and consume commercials and products and lie and fake everything. It is ridiculous.

I find it funny that most can't distinguish truth from fiction solely because of media.

I predict in 2 generations(40+ years) that libraries around the world will be consolidated and shut down. Books, as in printed books, will become hard to find because publishers can do it cheaper online and those that want to suppress can control what is read. (Reason for Bezos stepping down?)

Once the libraries close, certain locations will again become hotspots.....The Vatican being the most prominent....religious wars will happen again on a large scale.

Anywho....not even sure what I am talking about at this point.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Odd that you brought that up, as my family and I were discussing that this weekend.

We decided that on the Tytler cycle, America is between Apathy and Dependence right now.

It was a rather awesome debate that we had (as our family always does when they are fired up) and we ended up agreeing on it.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

With the destruction of the concept of a family unit and gender roles in society we will be suffering long term consequences.
Sad really

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ever read a book : A Dweller on Two Planets?

It has mostly moved around esoteric circles for the last 120 years. It's pretty rudimentry in style to some, but reading your post, it popped into my head as a similar outlook of the "fall" of great civilizations.

The aforementioned is a supposed 1st person telling of the destruction of Atlantis.

Rome gave us a perfect example of what transpires today, only I question whether the masses are doing the "moving," or if they are "moved" by a corrdinated agency.

Page 1 of M and D, tells it quite clearly

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Odd that you brought that up, as my family and I were discussing that this weekend.

We decided that on the Tytler cycle, America is between Apathy and Dependence right now.

It was a rather awesome debate that we had (as our family always does when they are fired up) and we ended up agreeing on it.

Ha...nice. I'd say on your graphic we are between complacency and apathy, though there is a lot of priors in the mix.

I have conversations about this stuff with my friends every other weekend or so. We all get together with our kids and cook something and have a neighborhood gathering for the night. Sometimes go on fishing trips or camping, etc....

Anywho....it really is disturbing to me that this generation will be known for producing absolutely nothing other than "content". That is the sole word that can sum up the last 10 years and likely the next 10...."content".

Nothing anyone cares about, as far as material items, will be around in 10 years. None of the "influencers" or celebrities will be around in 10 years. It is all becoming similar to the attention span of teens....there will be no critical thinking. All actions will become "involuntary" because the person associated with the action will only have a 300 character memory limit.

Not sure if everyone sees where society is going.....it is trending towards not holding anyone responsible for anything they do. Make everything not shocking....everything.

Meh....Ill rant more later.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
“Our technology has far surpassed our humanity”

- Me

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Ever read a book : A Dweller on Two Planets?

It has mostly moved around esoteric circles for the last 120 years. It's pretty rudimentry in style to some, but reading your post, it popped into my head as a similar outlook of the "fall" of great civilizations.

The aforementioned is a supposed 1st person telling of the destruction of Atlantis.

Rome gave us a perfect example of what transpires today, only I question whether the masses are doing the "moving," or if they are "moved" by a corrdinated agency.

Page 1 of M and D, tells it quite clearly

I have not read that, but will promptly order it on Amazon....hopefully I can get a hardcopy....LOL!

The US is prime for the taking right now. We have a complacent youth, cajoled by spoiled "parents", and more self centered than any Roman empire. It is hilarious to me. There are people on Instagram and Twitter that have more "followers" than any conqueror in history. I would love to see a war where all social media "influencers" have to battle.

I would love to see a real poll, taken in every state, on whether the people in the state would fight if another country invaded or not.

I would bet you, at this very moment, there are multiple countries working on strategies to take the US down. I would bet that multiple agents of other countries have taken advantage of the current border issue and made it across....slight of hand.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Anywho....it really is disturbing to me that this generation will be known for producing absolutely nothing other than "content". That is the sole word that can sum up the last 10 years and likely the next 10...."content".

Nothing anyone cares about, as far as material items, will be around in 10 years. None of the "influencers" or celebrities will be around in 10 years. It is all becoming similar to the attention span of teens....there will be no critical thinking. All actions will become "involuntary" because the person associated with the action will only have a 300 character memory limit.

THAT was one of the biggest problems we debated..... the current generation.

I have a nephew that saved, bought his property, saved again, bought a portable timber mill and is building his own house right now from the lumber he is making from the trees on his own property.

Once a month we as a family go over and spend a day helping.... falling trees, getting them to the mill, helping however we can to get it processed, helping him frame his home.

He is 22 years old and understands things like hard work and a vision of what he wants and the actual American Dream.

I have a 23 year old daughter that does nothing but bitch about how hard her life is because of her student loans and is a big fan of Bernie.

Guess which one will be just fine their entire life?

I think for the most part own current new generation is the Worst. Generation. EVER. and will end up sinking our society.

But I see a lot of promise in people like my nephew and we will keep going as a people.

However, our society is going to have to collapse first.

Simply because our current society is not sustainable... neither economically or geosociopolitically.

Let's see where it goes and I am a big fan of social Darwinism.

And I will just leave this here...

edit on 6-4-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I have a nephew that saved, bought his property, saved again, bought a portable timber mill and is building his own house right now from the lumber he is making from the trees on his own property.

Once a month we as a family go over and spend a day helping.... falling trees, getting them to the mill, helping however we can to get it processed, helping him frame his home.

He is 22 years old and understands things like hard work and a vision of what he wants and the actual American Dream.

I have a 23 year old daughter that does nothing but bitch about how hard her life is because of her student loans and is a big fan of Bernie.

I think for the most part own current new generation is the Worst. Generation. EVER. and will end up sinking our society.

But I see a lot of promise in people like my nephew and we will keep going as a people.

Simply because our current society is not sustainable... neither economically or geosociopolitically.

I think that there is a growing dichotomy, between urban and rural America.

The urbane Americans seem to be drifting toward apathy, and dependence.

Rural America, however, is trending toward courage and liberty.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The problem with books is they cost plenty of ressources we need to produce oxygen and are outdated after around 5-ish years depending on the topic.
Simultaneously the need for constant updating yourself, new skills, advanced training etc. is also increasing.
The gap is getting wider I believe that's the real issue, not just wealth but also in education.
That might spell at some point the end of democracy. Or at least the vote for everybody could become restricted to a vote for only a certain class.
On the upside we might not survive that long.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well I agree with you with one caveat.

I don't think you went through flower power and the hippies. Now that was a generation and yet ... they grew up eventually.

Once you get a generation that grows up in peace, you end up with this sort of problem.

Let us see if we can awaken this generation. I have three children, all of them doing well but they can't think for themselves. Don't blame them for the indoctrination they have been through.

So many people can't think! It is not just this new generation, many that used to be hippies succumbed as well.

P

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Very good chart. I would say that Boomer are the Selfish, Gen X are Complacency & Apathy, Millennials are dependence and bondage, and Gen Alpha are Spiritual and Courage.

This is not too far off from Feng Shui. Things are very cyclical. It is just nature. Some cycles are quick and others are very slow.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Yes!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   

On a scale of
All good........All kinda #ed up
|____________________|

I'd say we're here ⬆️
edit on 7/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Last time I talked about American “urban” culture it was taken down and was apparently rascist. The yo yo ****a people no matter what color do seem in my area to be quite a bit below average in the getting a job and off the governments tit. Also I won’t mention where and who is effected by the overwhelming majority of crime and generally bs is. I will say this though, this thing I see I cannot talk about in my opinion comes from a group of people that were taught they don’t have to do much for anything. It really is a shame some if not most they lack the ability to think beyond themselves much less have an original thought. I do also understand that good people reside in urban areas but those folks are not what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I find it funny that most can't distinguish truth from fiction solely because of media.

Solely from the media?

I think you need to expand on that more.

I’m assuming you’re alluding to main stream media, in which case, whilst I can understand that, it’s also way off base.

Pretty sure the msm isn’t encouraging people to burn down 5G towers, for example.

But maybe my assumption is wrong here.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Interesting chart.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Very valid points by all. We will remain at these levels for decades as long as congress remains the same. They have developed their own tools of corruption and care nothing of leadership, but more of how to enrich themselves. The political grandstanding that the people see is a strategy scripted to appease or at the very least keep us mired into complacency. These promises are carrot-on-stick strategies that have been used for decades.

You will not see student debt relief beyond token efforts and minimized results to keep those mired in debt chasing the carrot.

You won't see reform in the police departments' beyond token efforts because it's too powerful a tool to drive folks to the polls when black folks need to be driven to the polls.

You won't see gun grabs or meaningful reform in mental health etc because those passionate about the topic may not come to the polls if it's fixed or rejected.

You won't see immigration reform because again it drives people to the polls.

You will see temporary actions to garnish trust such as covid payouts and unemployment payments with expiration dates that will again drive folks to the polls.

Its why nothing is ever done on both sides

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
“Our technology has far surpassed our humanity”

- Me

That's one for the ages, if we last that long.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Solely from the media?

I think you need to expand on that more.

I’m assuming you’re alluding to main stream media, in which case, whilst I can understand that, it’s also way off base.

Pretty sure the msm isn’t encouraging people to burn down 5G towers, for example.

But maybe my assumption is wrong here.

Some MSM, but mostly social media. It trains people to only pay attention in very short spurts and to have a strong reaction quickly. This is a great recipe to stifle all critical thinking.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join