It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greg Abbott Forbids Government ‘Vaccine Passport’ Mandates In Texas Through Executive Order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Abbott has taken De Santis lead to heart and followed suit. He made a brief statement on the matter after issuing an EO...

“Every day, Texans return to normalcy as more people get the COVID vaccine. In fact, this week, Texas will surpass 13 million doses administered. Those shots help slow the spread of COVID, reduce hospitalizations, and reduce fatalities. But, as I have said all along, these vaccines are always voluntary and never forced,” the Republican explained. “Government should not require any Texan to show proof of vaccination and reveal private health information just to go about their daily lives. … We will continue to vaccinate more Texans and protect public health. And we will do so without treading on Texans’ personal freedoms.”

He also made a statement on twitter and posted a video.

It's good to see at least some states take a stand against federal (and corporate) coercion and bullying on varied issues. If it were up to the current administration, as well as the majority in the house and senate at present, this country would have a centralized government and the states would have no right to refuse compliance. Fortunately, the constitution stands in their way...for now.
Link

edit on 4/6/2021 by Klassified because: DB unplugged my keyboard

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Governments and Businesses who will only allow vaccinated people to come inside, or fly on their planes, or watch their team play, will be committing financial suicide.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
As much as Texans talk about being the greatest nation in the US, you would've expected them to have done this first.

Oh well, looks like Florida is the greatest nation in the US now.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

This is good to hear, but I would much prefer actual bills passed by the legislatures, that cannot/will not be undone by the next governor, and would apply to all/most vaccines.

Everyone has the right to say "no" to injecting any substance into their bodies, and especially substances that pose a risk to their health and life.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

This is good to hear, but I would much prefer actual bills passed by the legislatures, that cannot/will not be undone by the next governor, and would apply to all/most vaccines.

Everyone has the right to say "no" to injecting any substance into their bodies, and especially substances that pose a risk to their health and life.

I saw something earlier today that said a bill is being discussed for this and Abbott approves of it, so that may not be far behind.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Wish he'd do something about locking down the border.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It's good to see at least some states take a stand against federal (and corporate) coercion and bullying on varied issues.

What weak, pathetic excuse of an EO...

1. It only applies to COVID vaccines

2. It only applies to COVID vaccines while they are approved for Emergency Use. Once they are fully approved for normal use, this EO won't protect anyone.

3. It still allows private businesses to require proof of vaccination.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My wife is a native Texan and we were resident for a few years before moving out of state. When we moved abroad, I was making plans to make Texas our home base and state of residency before leaving, but it didn't work out. I wish it had.

Good on Gov. Abbott! More power to him.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I guess he was paying attention when former gov. Rick Perry was trying to make the HPV vaccine mandatory. That went over like fecal material through a fan. No way in hell I was injecting my daughter with that Gardasil crap back then.
Same deal here, the reactions to the vaccine are worse than the disease you are trying to prevent.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sorry Texans, you might be getting more folks from Cali.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl it’s a start. Even if a faux and feigning attempt at one.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Exactly. My body, my choice, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Loving my State more and more.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yup!

There should not even be a question. Our right to be secure in our person is to protect us from those who would do us harm whether by incompetence, fear, malice -- whatever. No one can guarantee the safety of the vaccine for each individual from a medical standpoint, and no one can guarantee that mistakes will not be made, and no one can guarantee that bad actors will not exploit the mandate for ill purposes.

We must consider the negative possibilities as well as the positive possibilities.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

It's good to see at least some states take a stand against federal (and corporate) coercion and bullying on varied issues.

2. It only applies to COVID vaccines while they are approved for Emergency Use. Once they are fully approved for normal use, this EO won't protect anyone.

There is supposed to be a bill in their legislature to cover all this, but I have found no details yet. I did not see number 3. Glad you posted it. That defeats part of the reason for the EO to start with. Disappointing.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Even so, it's a step in the right direction for once. It is in the very least getting the vaccine passport (soft communism through social credit passes) out in the news.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I hope All the States pass similar EOs to protect their
Citizens.
Let’s this be the beginning in the right direction!
Let us have freedom of choice
As it should be

edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: Sp

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Like all Executive Orders, this one can be replaced with one that is more appropriate for the future situation.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

How does that work though?

If the airport requires the v-pass (tm) would this eo force the airline to let people board?
Or say canada requires the v-pass. This eo means nothing to other countries.

Passports are for travel to other countries not states.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I wish people wouldn't joke about this.
My body my choice should be the law across the board in any nation that dares to call itself free.
edit on 6-4-2021 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join