It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chosen Video Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So I have been watching the series "The Chosen" which you can find on YouTube, which as a Christian I find to be very interesting.
Sure there is some speculation and conjecture and a desire to build context beyond what the bible says but overall I find it to be fairly accurate.
What's really interesting is the portrayal of the people around Jesus, the Apostles and the disciples and the Romans. Anyways I recommend this to anybody who is interested in Jesus and the Gospels.

Some highlights
The miracle fishing catch clip for Peter from season 1 which I enjoyed.
Account Luke 5

Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
6 When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. 7 So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.

The calling of Matthew as an Apostle
Mattthew 9:9

9 As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.

Season 2 trailer

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Those clips looked good. Thanks for the recommend will check it out.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I generally hate these types of programs but, this is kind of genuine, sincere
Not only entertaining but it is character driven
Think we all know the stories told but it’s very entertaining none the less

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

My wife and I are fans of the series.
Watched S2-E1 last night.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Thanks, looks interesting. It received incredibly high ratings for such a show.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I watched the first season, will be happy to watch the next.

Not only was the characterization good, but the historicity was fairly spot on as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I really enjoy Elizabeth Tabish portrayal of Mary Of Magdalene.
She is not a super well know actress but she is really good.
edit on 6-4-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thank you for the recommendation. I love ancient history.

Can't wait to watch episode 1.

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
So I have been watching the series "The Chosen" which you can find on YouTube, which as a Christian I find to be very interesting.
Sure there is some speculation and conjecture and a desire to build context beyond what the bible says but overall I find it to be fairly accurate.
What's really interesting is the portrayal of the people around Jesus, the Apostles and the disciples and the Romans. Anyways I recommend this to anybody who is interested in Jesus and the Gospels.

Some highlights
The miracle fishing catch clip for Peter from season 1 which I enjoyed.
Account Luke 5

Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
6 When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. 7 So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.

The calling of Matthew as an Apostle
Mattthew 9:9

9 As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.

Season 2 trailer

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am not a Christian but I watched the first season with my husband who is and I enjoyed it very much. I would consider it one of the best Christian shows/movies I've seen, just for the fact that the characters are portrayed closer to actual normal people rather than hyped characters. I was fascinated with the portrayal of the Matthew by Paras Patel! We are looking forward to watching season 2. I would say, even if you aren't a religious person or a Christian specifically, it's so well done it's worth watching. And the fact that they have been able to fund this they way they have is impressive as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneyAbout

Honestly, that's the way it should be.

With the exception of Jesus, all of the people would have been ordinary people, and even Jesus's job was to live as a normal person, but the perfect ideal of one. So to me, the miracles would mostly have seemed understated and matter-of-fact with little fanfare. Lazarus was dead and then ... he wasn't - just like that.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My wife said FB is blocking discussions of 'The Chosen'...they're saying it violates their community standards.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That is not surprising, Facebook is not a place to express opinions anymore for numerous reasons.
ATS is better actually.

top topics

join