It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news about long term immunity from vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It seems there may be some good news about the protection provided by the vaccines against Covid. Ongoing testing is showing a strong immune response of 91% at 6 months. There has been a lot of questions as to how long the vaccine produced antibodies may last in the human body, and provide protection against serious disease. 3 months, 6, months, a year, more? Questions still remain as to how much protection from infection the vaccines may give, over just protection from serious disease. That thinking may be changing as well. It seems that not only may the vaccine may protect well against actually catching Covid, if a vaccinated person is positive it may be difficult or impossible for them to spread it to others.

Dr. Scott Hensley is the Associate Professor of Microbiology at University of Pennsylvania. He has a long list of credentials, basically he is an expert in vaccines, influenza, and more.

Dr. Scott Hensley

He fully expects to still see a good immune response in vaccinated people a year from now. That would be a year and a half since vaccination in the test subjects. Meaning more than likely yearly vaccinations against Covid will not be necessary.

Going even beyond that, he says he would not be surprised if this is a vaccine that a person would only need to get once to provide lifelong protection. Similar to the measles vaccine.

"I would not be surprised if we learned a year from now that these vaccines are still producing a strong immune response," Hensley told CNN.

"I would not be surprised if this is a vaccine that we only get once."

That would make the vaccine more akin to vaccines against measles than flu vaccines. Vaccination against measles protects against infection for life in 96% of people.

Link

It looks very encouraging, although we will have to wait to see if further testing confirms this.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Good, then this means that those who want the jab can take it and stop being afraid and coercing others into injecting something they don't want.

First stories are coming out about dumb looks on faces when they get told they still have to quarantine, mask up and distance, regardless of the vaccination.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflyingI would expect a strong immune response,they are injecting you with strong toxins for God's sake.
The stronger the toxin,the stronger the immune response.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Agreed. We also need to stop the shaming of people that do decide to get the vaccine by those that don't think they should get it. It works both ways, and needs to stop all the way around. Do as you feel best for you and your own. Don't coerce, and don't shame.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Toxins do not create the response. The strong response here is the antibodies reaction to the spike protein. A strong reaction after 6 months, means that the immune system is working well, and still knows how to defend against the Codid invader.

It has nothing to do with any 'toxins'.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

Agreed. We also need to stop the shaming of people that do decide to get the vaccine by those that don't think they should get it. It works both ways, and needs to stop all the way around. Do as you feel best for you and your own. Don't coerce, and don't shame.

I'm sure it will stop as soon as the sheep shut up and stop trying to force their untested vaccines on healthy people.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Pointing out logic to sheeple is not shaming. We're trying to help them.
Help them to not be scared and tricked by a fascist world government's desire to inject you the something that you should not be taking.

Trying to WAKE PEOPLE UP is not shaming. It's CARING.

And for the other shoe, telling everyone you see about your injection is just a way to make yourself feel less dumb and is only to help you sleep at night with your really dumb decision.
Just looking for other dummies so they can feel ok while hanging out at the Dummies Members only club (with a mask on of course)

Just trying to help people!

Also, to play devil's advocate: People pay taxes and this helps us all. If a large percentage of the population 'drops out' due to vaccine brain damage...
Well, my taxes are going to go up!

edit on 5-4-2021 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad
I am against the forcing of anything. I have seen it go both ways though, even in my own family.

Anyway this is about the immunity created. I don't want this to devolve into one of those threads.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
a reply to: MrRCflyingI would expect a strong immune response,they are injecting you with strong toxins for God's sake.

I dunno... I'd rather grow a third foot from the vaccine than be 6 feet under from Covid..

Life over death ANY day.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I am against the forcing of anything. I have seen it go both ways though, even in my own family.

Anyway this is about the immunity created. I don't want this to devolve into one of those threads.

The immunity created? Even with the vaccine, you still can catch covid, and still be contagious. So, where is the true immunity aspect?
edit on 5-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

I dunno... I'd rather grow a third foot from the vaccine than be 6 feet under from Covid..

Life over death ANY day.

I have gone this long without catching covid. I’m still alive. Shrugs.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

Life over death ANY day.

Well, you can get Salmonella now from your wild bird feeders (like, all of less than 20 people, but this is news-worthy?) Evidently, if the cold doesn't kill ya, minding the yard bird items might gitcha < makes blatantly suggestive lap-oriented hand gesture while rolling eyes >

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

The immunity created? Even with the vaccine, you still can catch covid, and still be contagious. So, where is the true immunity aspect?

I misspoke. Not immunity, immune response. My apologies.

Thinking is changing on the the ability of the vaccinated to contract or spread Covid to others. That was a big unknown. New research I have read is showing that it is less likely than previously thought. That is for another thread though.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So you heard Biden’s message yesterday right?

And I’m sorry/not sorry, but 6 months ain’t sh!t when talking “long-term” efficacy.

I like to take my vaccines once and to work for life...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

And I’m sorry/not sorry, but 6 months ain’t sh!t when talking “long-term” efficacy.

Nope, I did not hear Biden yesterday. I tend to ignore the hair sniffing moron.

6 months is not long, but it is the data set available. Only time will tell how it bears out.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

There was no shaming from my side. It's all their decisions.

Just... some have to make decisions for minors, too. And I will fight tooth and nail against a forced vaccination of a new technology that is untested to be injected into me or my child.

That's about the only shaming I engage in. Counter-shaming those that have the attitude to talk down to me or others because I am against a rushed, forced vaccine.

My daughter is vaccinated against other sicknesses, I am not "anti vax", I just don't buy into these claims that there are no harmful sideeffects from a new fairly untested method of therapy, let alone this stuff isn't even a true vaccination.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So what you're saying is...they didn't know how effective it was before they started pushing doses on people?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

There was no shaming from my side. It's all their decisions.

Just... some have to make decisions for minors, too. And I will fight tooth and nail against a forced vaccination of a new technology that is untested to be injected into me or my child.

That's about the only shaming I engage in. Counter-shaming those that have the attitude to talk down to me or others because I am against a rushed, forced vaccine.

My daughter is vaccinated against other sicknesses, I am not "anti vax", I just don't buy into these claims that there are no harmful sideeffects from a new fairly untested method of therapy, let alone this stuff isn't even a true vaccination.

More than fair. You need to do what you feel is right for you and your family. I am against forced vaccinations as well. It should be chosen, not forced, not coerced. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that in some states at least, the vaccine will be a requirement for school attendance come fall. I don't think that is a good thing, at least until more time has passed, testing done, and final FDA approval.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Nope, I did not hear Biden yesterday. I tend to ignore the hair sniffing moron.

6 months is not long, but it is the data set available. Only time will tell how it bears out.
on this, we agree...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

So what you're saying is...they didn't know how effective it was before they started pushing doses on people?

Effectiveness was known, for both Moderna and Pfizer it is about 95%. What was not known is how long the immune response would last. 3 months, 6 months, a year or more. The high immune response at the 6 month mark, which we are now just reaching for the first test subjects, is a good indicator that yearly vaccinations may not be required. Further study over time is still needed though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join