It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and anti vax calls to inaction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

I know we all have the freedom of speech but as the old saying goes you cant yell fire in a movie theater as it might cause injury or damage to people and property.

People always misquote that. Usually when they don't want other people to hear what someone is saying.

What Justice Holmes actually wrote was, "The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causeing a panic." Meaning, you can't yell fire in a crowded movie theater when there is no fire. If there is a fire in the theater, or even if you have reason to believe there is a fire in the theater, you should say something.

Incidentally, this opinion was used to justify the prosecution in the case of US vs. Schenck. Shenck was an anti-war protestor in World War 1. As time went on, it was shown that what Schenck was saying about the US entry into World War 1 was absolutely correct. But the US government didn't want his anti-war facts influencing the public's attitude towards the war. So, this quote was actually used to silence truth, much as it is today.

---------

I haven't seen anyone on ATS dispensing medical advice, in my opinion. I've seen people quoting other sources, expressing viewpoints, opinions, and bringing up topics for discussion and further thought. Nobody is whipping out a prescription pad and saying, "Take two of these a day and see me in six weeks."

These guys, however,

I'll be damned if I'm going to take medical advice from Mr. I Did Not Have Sex With That Woman, Mr. Iraq Has Weapons Of Mass Destruction, and Mr. If You Like Your Insurance You Can Keep It. If you want to talk consequences for telling lies, start with these guys.

They should have thrown in Jon Lovitz's Tommy the Liar. "The vaccine is, uh, safe. Yeah, safe. That's the ticket."

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I honestly think staff members should be more concerned about people like you.

Trying to talk perfectly healthy people into taking a experimental gene therapy, for a disease with a less than 0,03 % death rate.

So mister "i work in medical arena", tell me - why should a healthy person take a experimental shot for a disease that has zero chance of harming them?

You Sir are either a lobbyist or an idiot - most likley both.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sanitarium79

Trying to talk perfectly healthy people into taking a experimental gene therapy, for a disease with a less than 0,03 % death rate.

So mister "i work in medical arena", tell me - why should a healthy person take a experimental shot for a disease that has zero chance of harming them?

0.03% death rate sourced from www.madeupstatistics.com?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It's about time someone demanded more censorship here.

Yeah.

This.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Only a few leaders have enough respect to influence the actions of tens of millions of people. Maybe Barack still does. Clinton and Bush...probably not.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Depends on the age. 0.03% Covid-19 mortality sounds about right for those under age 45...unless they're sickly already.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Scrolled trough your posts of the last year. Almost 100% Covid propaganda.

Haha, nice try mister propaganda.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
a reply to: penroc3Here you go,listen to a doctor educate you on your 'saviour' vaccine.

www.bitchute.com...

She's a not a doctor, her only 'qualification' is in CST, the alternative health field of tickling peoples heads to cure all health issues; she claims to have cured autism using it and that vaccines were the cause of the Sandy Hook massacre.

quackwatch.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
On a different note, it would appear flu is no longer an issue so maybe we should question that vaccine as well.

I mean almost Nobody died from flu this past year.....crazy!

Flu season doesn't end until May 5th! So far, just under 2,000 flu cases have been reported since October 2020.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Maybe you missed these medical disclaimers in the forums that relate to medical issues.
I suggest you check them out.
Health & Wellness Forum: Medical Disclaimer.
Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer.
Medical Issues & Conspiracies: Medical Disclaimer.

Also, The issue of "Freedom of Speech" on ATS

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I just share what I have learned about the vaccine. I do not tell anyone whether they should take a medication or refuse it. My chosen path is to inform people based on research and personal testing on myself. My physiology and genetics is different than others so my personal testing information is only reference.

I will mention one suggestion to people though, if you have had a severe reaction to vaccines or medicines, make sure to write it down and check the boxes on the vaccine paperwork....if you have had a severe reaction to other vaccines, including bad symptoms following the vaccine for a week, then you are not supposed to take this vaccine, do not lie on the application. If you lie, it could be a serious event...they state in the information from the producers of vaccines the limitations on who should take it, the same goes with all medicines.

But if a person wants to lie on the paperwork because they fear this virus, it is their choice, I have a granddaughter who has gotten severe reactions to the flu vaccine and she believes that this vaccine is safe because she wants freedom to do what vaccinated people want. It is verified by two doctors and is on her record she is badly intolerant to the flu vaccine....but she believes it is not relevant. I can only advise her, if she wants to take a chance, then I cannot stop her, it is her life. She is still younger, it probably will not kill her, but it might kill her brothers and sisters whom she is trying to convince to take it too. If one of her siblings does die from it, she would probably kill herself which I definitely won't want, she is a very good person and I worry about her keeping her mouth shut, it is her mothers decision to vaccinate or not and not her choice. She does not believe that this vaccine can be dangerous to anyone...I hope she does not lie on her application if she gets it, she is believing the pseudo science that the media is spewing, I told her look at the cdc and fda sites and the vaccine manufacturers literature but she is avoiding doing so because she wants to do what she wants to when she wants to.....that's life, people seem to have to learn the hard way.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You know the old saying....”Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one”?
That’s what is going on here on ATS....opinions.
This isn’t Twitter or Facebook, where dissenting opinions to the official narrative get scrubbed.
It’s up to everyone to decide for themselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanitarium79

The propaganda is people making up absurd lies about the covud deaths rate being 0.03%

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

i bet you i can start a thread RIGHT now asking if i should take it or not and lets see what happens?

we both know it will be a mixed bag but there will be people saying not to take it

You made a claim. I'm asking you to substantiate your claims. That is all. If you cannot substantiate your claim then your argument is lost.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Depends on the age. 0.03% Covid-19 mortality sounds about right for those under age 45...unless they're sickly already.

If you remove the most vulnerable people you will get a lower death rate.

Doesn't make that the actual death rate

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hadn't seen those (lazy and usually just click recent posts) very well written and good advice that covers all bases. I don't see how you can improve on that.

XL5

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If they had the internet way back when and some one on ATS convinced the Jewish people to not get in those trains and ATS was shut down... Whats next, censoring govt. distrust because protecting peoples social credit score is important?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

People will believe whatever they wish to believe as it has been for thousands of years and the recent forms of censorship are only making it worse for everyone.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If you remove the most vulnerable people you will get a lower death rate.

Doesn't make that the actual death rate

The most vulnerable people who haven't contracted Covid-19 should be vaccinated, if they want to increase their chances of living longer. That's an easy one.

Those who have recovered from Covid-19 have antibodies to the virus and don't need to be vaccinated, unless they are overly paranoid.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I know we all have the freedom of speech but as the old saying goes you cant yell fire in a movie theater as it might cause injury or damage to people and property.

when we have freedom of speech we are also responsible in how we yield that right.

I have a serious question for ATS staff, with all these posters telling other not to get vaccinated as well as the claims that they will harm people is irresponsible at best.

at what point if any would ATS be responsible for its users dispensing medical advice without being doctors? at least in the US that is seriously illegal free speech or not.

***post censored***

Please Read:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It shouldn't be a question. Never seek personal medical advice online or from a stranger. Research and discussion is fine, but not actual do it yourself medical treatments (Tx).
edit on 4-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join