It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB moving 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Never watch basketball. Never did.

Maybe it's because I was lousy at it in PE.

My God, we've come a far distance. I remember as a kid when the biggest "scandal" in basketball involving anything even remotely political was in the Olympics when Jordan covered the Reebok logo on his jersey with an American flag because Nike didn't want their contracted athletes to appear in Reebok branded jerseys. Not long after Sharif Abdur Rahim (something like that) sat during the national anthem because: Islam and it's all steamrolled downhill from there.

I miss the days when athletes STFU and just stuck to what they were qualified and well paid for: athletics. Those days were good and the state of sports was better because of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Nickn3
I can add MLB to the rest of the alphabet soup, that I no longer care about. When are these Prima donna‘s going to understand that patriotism trumps the games that they get paid to play.

It's not just athletics now. It's gone corporate, and when the corporate political contributions favor the DNC...who's to blame?

Politics is a game of perceptions.

Because corporations are pussies and they too are so concerned about the perception they have no backbone.

Pussy or not, they have something much more important than backbone...it's called money and political influence. This will not bode well for Georgia.

Georgia's fine as long as they don't overreact to the perception, but Atlanta is screwed losing loads of convention and trade markets. It's all gonna change you don't think NYC is taking a hit, Los Angeles, Chicago it's the great reset some corporations will fall as will cities and states. That is what happens when things change New Orleans and Savannah used to be bustling ports 200 plus years ago.

Chic Fila though seems to be plugging along just fine all politically incorrect and all.
edit on 2-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

link   
What does MLB stand for again...I keep forgetting since it isn't really important...

link   
I’m a lifelong baseball fan. Got to watch my Dodgers win the World Series for the first time since I was 8 years old. It was great. But between the Astros cheating scandal, the commissioners “punishment” for the guilty parties involved, and now this?? I’m disgusted at what they’re doing to the game I grew up adoring.

You’re spot on...leave the politics out of the game. I don’t know how MLB thinks they’re the harbingers of ideology as if states don’t have rights...the right to run their state as they see fit. If they’re upset about people showing Id’s to Vite, than I shouldn’t have to show a ticket to get into a game.

I don’t know how I can accept MLB’s decision in any capacity as I 100% disagree with it at my core. Rob Manfred has killed the game. What a disgrace it’s become.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I used to be a huge NBA fan. This last year of constant virtue signaling over BLM, destroyed all that.

They got to big for their britches.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's not the politics.
The game just bores me. Always has.
I can appreciate the athleticism and stuff but 3 or 4 minutes is enough for me. Highlights can be cool.

edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I played baseball from little league through my senior year in high school.
But watching baseball on TV or even going to sit at a game, is like slow torture.
The game is just too slow to watch it anymore.
I turned on the Tigers opening day game yesterday for about 15 minutes because it was like 30 degrees here and it was snowing like crazy at the beginning of the game, just to see the idiots out there playing in it.
Otherwise, I couldn’t care less about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The best baseball games I ever watched were with my father at Comiskey Park. The original park.

We'd stand outside and pass a five dollar bill into the bar across the street from the ball park, it was so crowded, we could never get in.

A few minutes later two beers would come back.

Good times.

Good times.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I’m a lifelong baseball fan. Got to watch my Dodgers win the World Series for the first time since I was 8 years old. It was great. But between the Astros cheating scandal, the commissioners “punishment” for the guilty parties involved, and now this?? I’m disgusted at what they’re doing to the game I grew up adoring.

You’re spot on...leave the politics out of the game. I don’t know how MLB thinks they’re the harbingers of ideology as if states don’t have rights...the right to run their state as they see fit. If they’re upset about people showing Id’s to Vite, than I shouldn’t have to show a ticket to get into a game.

I don’t know how I can accept MLB’s decision in any capacity as I 100% disagree with it at my core. Rob Manfred has killed the game. What a disgrace it’s become.

AJ Hinch is now the Tigers manager after taking his year long suspension for his cheating scandal.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I used to be a huge NBA fan. This last year of constant virtue signaling over BLM, destroyed all that.

They got to big for their britches.

They are hell-bent on killing the goose that laid the golden egg, it seems. Which I'm fine with they make way too much money anyway. As DB said screw them

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What specifically does the law do that potentially disenfranchises people of color?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The best baseball games I ever watched were with my father at Comiskey Park. The original park.

We'd stand outside and pass a five dollar bill into the bar across the street from the ball park, it was so crowded, we could never get in.

A few minutes later two beers would come back.

Good times.

Good times.

Bill Veeck, the GO GO SOX

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yeah. The NFL lost a bundle over the "take a knee" thing.

Didn't they?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

What specifically does the law do that potentially disenfranchises people of color?

Exactly it doesn't at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

See that is the thing, Democrats wants to get rid of in person voting, they want to send ballots to everybody at home, with not voters verifications, this will ensure that, anybody regardless of legality of registration can cast a ballot and send it in the mail.

And not worries, if the ballots are 10 days late they will still be counted, that is what democrats want, free for all elections and the biggest voter fraud since the last elections.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

if the ballots are 10 days late they will still be counted,
10 days late? And the postmark doesn't matter?

edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Try it. See what happens.

Seems Crowder and team was able to find an almost unlimited number of false addresses in NV...addresses to empty lots or businesses etc. Do you really think GA is different?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join