It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Declines To Hear Moussaoui Appeal (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Zacarias Moussaoui has been accused of working with the 9/11 terrorists in the attack on the Pentagon and World Trade Center. He has tried to get access to three prisoners held by the US Government who he says will clear him of any and all charges. But the Supreme Court upheld a lower ruling saying that the statements made by the prisoners prepared by the Government is enough. The case is going back to the lower court in Virginia.

2worksforyou.com
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court today refused to hear the appeal of terrorism suspect Zacarias Moussaoui (zak-uh-REE'-uhs moo-SOW'-ee) and is allowing the government to seek the death penalty.

Moussaoui is a former Oklahoma resident accused of conspiring with the Nine-Eleven terrorists to attack the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This guy is up for the death penalty and wants the best defense possible. Now emotions may get in the way of the law, but he wants these three people to testify. Documents prepared by the Government may be tainted with opinions and not completely true. This may lead to a cause to appeal if Moussaoui is convicted.

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I posted this here: www.abovetopsecret.com... but it wasn't voted up...maybe you'll have better luck

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I fail to understand why, on a conspiracy site, an important decision about a conspirator isn't accepted, in two threads none the less.

I think that the decision to not allow moussaoui to communicate with captured al qaida members is a pragmatic one.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What I don't get is that they won't let these guys testify in person! They are using things the Governemt wrote up as evidence. This is like "Hmmmm, Scott Peterson wants this guy to testify, but we aren't gonna allow it. So instead we are gonna use documents the family of the woman he murdered wrote up." WTF???? How can you have something that is going to be biased in favor of the prosecution in as defense?

Cool, I am gonna sue someone, and instead of letting the people on defense testify I am gonna write up documents and turn them in for the defense. Gee, I won't be biased, I won't lie, I swear!(sarcasm)

Edit. Wonder what the documents the Government is turning in as defense evidence is gonna say. "KILL AMERICA! HE DID IT! KILL THE GREAT SATAN! HE IS A TERRORIST!" I mean, what kind of bs is this? You can't have the prosecutor make up evidence for the defense.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by James the Lesser]

top topics

join