It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its a nuclear arms race righte in fronte off us and we did not even no it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
North Korea says it has 'increased nuclear arms
IAEA Urges Nuclear Arms Talks With Iran -
18 nuclear arms smuggled to Iran, China, says Ukraine
iran russia nuclear deal
Russia is close to developing a new form of nuclear missile, its President has announced. Vladimir Putin said other nuclear powers did not have the new technology and were unlikely to develop it in the near future."We have not only conducted tests of the latest nuclear rocket systems," Mr Putin said. "I am sure that in the coming years we will acquire them.
UK plans 'mini-nuke' strike force ... its long-range nuclear missiles in favour of cheaper mini-nukes' that could be used to strike rogue states

[edit on 21-3-2005 by leejones]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejones

Not quite. NK has addmitted to having nuclear arms and has threatened to increase the amount.

IAEA Urges Nuclear Arms Talks With Iran -

Wrong. The IAEA has been investigating Iran with their co-operation for some time. Nothing relating to nuclear arms has been found.

18 nuclear arms smuggled to Iran, China, says Ukraine

Not true. Missles "capable" of yeilding a nuclear warhead have allegidly been smuggled.

iran russia nuclear deal

For nuclear power, and?

Russia is close to deeloping a new form of nuclear missile, its President has announced.

The US is activley trying to develpe new nuclear weapons, and?

UK plans 'mini-nuke' strike force ... its long-range nuclear missiles in favour of cheaper mini-nukes' that could be used to strike rogue states

First I have heard of this.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yeah, im pretty sure Kriz_4 is right with everythin there.

I recall reading that the missiles smuggled into Iran were nuclear capable missiles.

And the reason why Russia is making its new nuclear missile is because of Bush's Ballistic Missile Defence.

And with the UK mini-nukes, I thought it was only Rumsfield and co. that were wanting them, not the UK, but i may be wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Russia has for sometime had superior nuclear missiles, they can bypass the american missile defense system, and yes Vladimir Putin is mass producing them, soon Russia may have a Nuclear arsenary far superior to that of the USA.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae
Russia has for sometime had superior nuclear missiles

You must be kidding me

They do NOT have anywhere close to the accuracy of US nuclear missles, which can be put with in about 10 meters of the target.

They litterally can 'kick' a field goal with nuclear war heads.

The Peacekeeper missle, though out of active service, is still the best ICBM in the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

[edit on 21-3-2005 by leejones]

No rumours of this here. Rummy & Co are very pro mini nuke and we're increasingly integrated with US Army (lucky us!) but if it were being planned in UK we would know - somehow. Will look out for it though.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae
Russia has for sometime had superior nuclear missiles

You must be kidding me

They do NOT have anywhere close to the accuracy of US nuclear missles, which can be put with in about 10 meters of the target.

They litterally can 'kick' a field goal with nuclear war heads.

The Peacekeeper missle, though out of active service, is still the best ICBM in the world.

Acyually he is partially correct. A 10 metre accuracy is irrelevant when talking of nuclear missles. I believe he may be talking of missles with many inbuilt counter measures, designed to stop the missle defence sheild. Not unlike those that our aircraft use. With this type of missle and programmed drones to accompany them, the defence sheild is alreay useless.

Have a read at this link, it is a long read mind you. I have been informed by many including Mods here that this is considered a very reliable and thought of publication.

www.sciam.com...

No idea, how this has started to become anopther ours are better than yours argument and apologise for getting involved.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What about "Sunburn". US is still looking for an an answer for that one!

We'll find out when they take on Iran cause they've got quite a few of them.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You Americans just don't learn do you Peace maker is 6 warheads and only 300ktonne each SS-18 Modle 4 has 8 warheads each 500ktonnes each, Modle 5 has 10 warheads 750ktonnes each and SS-18 Modle 6 has 1 warhead 20 megatonne your "PEACEMAKE" is weak compared to our old 1970's area SS-18's.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
regardless, this process needs to stop. where are level-headed leaders when you need them?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
doesn't matter how many nukes you have as long as you can kill a lot of people. can't kill someone 10 times over aniways.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

There really can't be an arms race between any of these countries and the US. THe US has thousands of nuke weapons. Even if NK and Iran were to work together for a common stockpile and upramp their production efforts, the US could still continue to reduce its stockpile and be way ahead of them.

Also, from what I understand, the Iranian facility isn't exactly a nuke weapons production plant. It can make weapons, but it doesn't give them a real competitive ability.

The issue of re-organizing nuke stockpiles is perhaps more of an arms race issue, however, since its talking about re-organizing so as to deal with small scale attacks on rogue states, rather than obliteration of the soviet global camp, its really not must of an issue, at least not as serious as the previous american-soviet arms race.

top topics

join